LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I actually have Sherfield making it, they must like to give him part of his salary GTD. I don't think Benjamin is on the roster, he costs $1.075M, rather keep Sherfield, and if not Sanu, then maybe Watkins wins the 6th WR spot.

On second thought, I think you're probably about Sherfield. Coming from the Cards the team probably knows him pretty well. He's played well and he's a gunner on ST. He's versatile and has some experience.

I'd give the #6 to Benjamin over Sanu. Though, if Hurd can't stay healthy, it's a moot point.

I'm good with Benjamin over Sanu, I want to see what Watkins can do, but the difference is minimal between Benjamin & Sanu, it'd be $1.075M for Benjamin, and $915K for Sanu(he got a $25K signing bonus, don't known why, and has a $40K week 1 roster bonus if he makes the 53). Obviously the difference between these guys and Watkins is a lot bigger, like half of Benjamin's salary. Plus he'd be signed for 3yrs. It'll be interesting to see what they do at RB and WR with having 5 good backs, and lack of depth or inexperience at WR.
Originally posted by strickac:
I actually have Sherfield making it, they must like to give him part of his salary GTD. I don't think Benjamin is on the roster, he costs $1.075M, rather keep Sherfield, and if not Sanu, then maybe Watkins wins the 6th WR spot.

On second thought, I think you're probably about Sherfield. Coming from the Cards the team probably knows him pretty well. He's played well and he's a gunner on ST. He's versatile and has some experience.

I'd give the #6 to Benjamin over Sanu. Though, if Hurd can't stay healthy, it's a moot point.

I'm good with Benjamin over Sanu, I want to see what Watkins can do, but the difference is minimal between Benjamin & Sanu, it'd be $1.075M for Benjamin, and $915K for Sanu(he got a $25K signing bonus, don't known why, and has a $40K week 1 roster bonus if he makes the 53). Obviously the difference between these guys and Watkins is a lot bigger, like half of Benjamin's salary. Plus he'd be signed for 3yrs. It'll be interesting to see what they do at RB and WR with having 5 good backs, and lack of depth or inexperience at WR.

If healthy, I think Benjamin easily makes it over Sanu. He can play inside and out, offers STs ability, and has an obvious speed advantage.
Just pouring over the NFC west depth charts
Man we are stacked, just stay healthy
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronald Blair back with the team since they've been keeping tabs on him.. Unless he has signed elsewhere by then
I have no problems with this roster. Only potential changes I could see would be at WR if someone got hurt or picking up another young CB to push out Dontae Johnson until he gets signed again the minute someone else gets hurt.
Melvin Ingram is still available at DE. He was a heck of a tandem with brother Bosa.
Originally posted by Niners_D:
Melvin Ingram is still available at DE. He was a heck of a tandem with brother Bosa.

Can't believe he's still available
Originally posted by 91til:
You guys don't see Ebukam as a Sam in base? Bosa, Kinlaw, Jones, Armstead as the DL. Fred and Dre as Mike and Will. Obviously I know Ebukam'll have his hand in the dirt in Nickel.

No, he already confirmed he'd be a DE in our W9 and it sounds like he might even be a starter based on what he was told. We might be going away from that 295 pound DE.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 3, 2021 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Sourball:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronald Blair back with the team since they've been keeping tabs on him.. Unless he has signed elsewhere by then

Still unsigned, if he's healthy, he would be on my 53 over Willis.
Bring in a veteran true C (upside), WR (speed), LB (experience) and TE2 (who can catch very well). I think Kyle is done with the small SWR.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 3, 2021 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's time! This is where we get to have some fun trying to predict who makes it out of all the new and old faces... Super early prediction, and I'll go ahead and start us off.

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance, Nate Sudfield
RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Jeff Wilson, Elijah Mitchell
FB: Kyle Juzsczcyk (FB)
TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
XWR: Brandon Aiyuk, Travis Benjamin
YWR: Mahomed Sanu, Jalen Hurd
ZWR: Deebo Samuel, Austin Watkins
LT: Trent Williams
LG: Laken Tomlinson, Jaylen Moore
C: Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill
RG: Aaron Banks, Colton McKivitz
RT: Mike McGlinchey

LDE: Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Jordan Willis
NT: DJ Jones, Zach Kerr
3T: Javon Kinlaw, Maurice Hurst, Kevin Givens
RDE: Arik Armstead, Samson Ebukam
WILL: Dre Greenlaw
MIKE: Fred Warner, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
SAM: Azeez Al-Shaair, Justin Hilliard
LCB: Jason Verrett, Ambry Thomas
RCB: Emmanuel Moseley, Deommodore Lenoir
SLCB: K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson
FS: Jimmie Ward, Tarvarius Moore
SS: Jacquisski Tartt, Talanoa Hufanga

ST: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

Mahomed Sanu, Jalen Hurd, and Austin Watkins beating out Richie James for a roster spot? Seems unlikely. I think Richie is going to be WR3 on this team . Showed some flashes last year. Plus can't expect Hurd to even be healthy.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bring in a veteran true C (upside), WR (speed), LB (experience) and TE2 (who can catch very well). I think Kyle is done with the small SWR.

Don't have the cap room to these moves, maybe 1 move, a CB if it's super cheap, but I think Brunskill is the backup C, I think they'll go with James and maybe Benjamin at WR, Idk who's available at TE, Kyle said he likes all 3 TEs that we have, the top 3, LB wise, Hilliard and Sullivan could surprise and end up making the 53.

Cap wise, when the season begins, when you factor in players 52-53, plus Dee being on IR or PUP to begin the season, and the teams practice squad, and before a Warner extension, which is priority #1 IMO, they're down to $8M in cap room, & they need cap space for in season moves, and I'm against redoing anyone's deal, I'll breakdown the notable guys, which are the only guys they could redo, a Warner extension should take up only $3M, 5yr extensions $18M-$20M a yr, $40M+ GTD, $15M signing bonus, we can't let him be unsigned come 2022, cause the tag will be over $17M.

Ok, first Jimmy is the one people keep talking about, no way they redo or trade him, if they redid him, yes they save $18.42M, but 2022 savings goes from $25M to $8M.

Next, Ward, this would be a mistake, since if they release him in 2022 they save $7M, but if they redo him, they'll only save $1.5M in 2022

Next, Armstead, the team can save $3.5M in 2022, but I don't see him going anywhere, they'd save $5.86M redoing him.

Finally Laken, I initially thought extend him, but with the Banks & Moore picks, now it seems like he's gone after 2021, so if you redo him, which saves $2.808M, his dead money for 2022, since his deal has void years, goes up from $1,005,530 by $2.808M.

Of these 4, the only one I'm comfortable with is AA, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so it would add about $1.132M to his cap numbers from 2022-2024, that isn't bad, I'd consider Laken if they're desperate, but I would try my best to stay away from Jimmy, Ward, and even AA, it just further makes it harder to get rid of guys down the road, I don't like the Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc... method of redoing deals, pushing money down the line, the cap won't explode till 2024 IMO, some think 2023, but the TV deals kick in for 2023 I believe, and some believe COVID will still have some effect on 2023, with the loss in revenue, unless somehow the NFL is able to get all 32 teams stadiums filled max, with everyone being fully vaccinated, & mask mandate, then maybe the 2022 cap is higher than $203M.
Don't have the cap room to these moves, maybe 1 move, a CB if it's super cheap, but I think Brunskill is the backup C, I think they'll go with James and maybe Benjamin at WR, Idk who's available at TE, Kyle said he likes all 3 TEs that we have, the top 3, LB wise, Hilliard and Sullivan could surprise and end up making the 53.

Cap wise, when the season begins, when you factor in players 52-53, plus Dee being on IR or PUP to begin the season, and the teams practice squad, and before a Warner extension, which is priority #1 IMO, they're down to $8M in cap room, & they need cap space for in season moves, and I'm against redoing anyone's deal, I'll breakdown the notable guys, which are the only guys they could redo, a Warner extension should take up only $3M, 5yr extensions $18M-$20M a yr, $40M+ GTD, $15M signing bonus, we can't let him be unsigned come 2022, cause the tag will be over $17M.

Ok, first Jimmy is the one people keep talking about, no way they redo or trade him, if they redid him, yes they save $18.42M, but 2022 savings goes from $25M to $8M.

Next, Ward, this would be a mistake, since if they release him in 2022 they save $7M, but if they redo him, they'll only save $1.5M in 2022

Next, Armstead, the team can save $3.5M in 2022, but I don't see him going anywhere, they'd save $5.86M redoing him.

Finally Laken, I initially thought extend him, but with the Banks & Moore picks, now it seems like he's gone after 2021, so if you redo him, which saves $2.808M, his dead money for 2022, since his deal has void years, goes up from $1,005,530 by $2.808M.

Of these 4, the only one I'm comfortable with is AA, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so it would add about $1.132M to his cap numbers from 2022-2024, that isn't bad, I'd consider Laken if they're desperate, but I would try my best to stay away from Jimmy, Ward, and even AA, it just further makes it harder to get rid of guys down the road, I don't like the Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, etc... method of redoing deals, pushing money down the line, the cap won't explode till 2024 IMO, some think 2023, but the TV deals kick in for 2023 I believe, and some believe COVID will still have some effect on 2023, with the loss in revenue, unless somehow the NFL is able to get all 32 teams stadiums filled max, with everyone being fully vaccinated, & mask mandate, then maybe the 2022 cap is higher than $203M.

Like Hurst, they should be super cheap now and they no longer count against the FA comp formula.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 3, 2021 at 4:01 PM ]
We comfortable with dwelley and woerner as backup TEs?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 91til:
You guys don't see Ebukam as a Sam in base? Bosa, Kinlaw, Jones, Armstead as the DL. Fred and Dre as Mike and Will. Obviously I know Ebukam'll have his hand in the dirt in Nickel.

No, he already confirmed he'd be a DE in our W9 and it sounds like he might even be a starter based on what he was told. We might be going away from that 295 pound DE.

So who are you benching from the front 7 I listed? Jones, then playing Kinlaw at 1T and Armstead at 3t? It just makes more sense to me to play Ebukam over Al-Shaair than essentially over Jones (in base) Unless you think he's taking Armstead's snaps in base? I guess like AB said on the last page it'll probably be largely game plan specific. I definitely like Bosa and Ebukam as W9 ends in passing situations
[ Edited by 91til on May 3, 2021 at 4:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone