LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers sign UDFA Austin Watkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Watkins is an ABSOLUTE GEM for being an UDFA. He ABSOLUTELY has a chance to make this team. Check out his 2019 tape. Rang and Reuter had him graded as a 4th round pick. Others had him at least in the later rounds. I am thrilled to see how he competes with the incumbents. He has the ability no question.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 1, 2021 at 7:29 PM ]
looks like a possession receiver like KB.
James Jones had him as the 5th Best WR in the draft! 👀👀
Man he plays the ball well and catches everything. He fights for the ball too. I really love the way he plays. He has a chance to make the team.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 2, 2021 at 10:29 PM ]
He will complete with Hurd Jennings and James JR in the slot. That wr we got from the cardinals is mainly going to be a special teamer.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree - will compete with Hurd for the last spot.
Bourne replacement
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Watkins is an ABSOLUTE GEM for being an UDFA. He ABSOLUTELY has a chance to make this team. Check out his 2019 tape. Rang and Reuter had him graded as a 4th round pick. Others had him at least in the later rounds. I am thrilled to see how he competes with the incumbents. He has the ability no question.

Originally posted by DaniLeal:

This guy for sure makes me feel better about not picking up a potential slot WR in the draft. He IS the potential slot WR.

Some other tidbits from when James Jones said that. In 2020, 50+ targets, ZERO drops
NFL comparison, Anquan Boldin
the next Deebo

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Some other tidbits from when James Jones said that. In 2020, 50+ targets, ZERO drops
NFL comparison, Anquan Boldin
He should feel honored that someone compared him to Boldin.
Bonus pick!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for ritz126.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Glad we got a quality WR prospect. Was hoping for one in the later rounds but they are clearly low on this class.

i think its a more of we already have 2 young talented starters and a young core of WR who havent had the chance to prove themselves yet. I think the goal is to see what we have and next year if they dont show anything (injury or just cant make it in nfl) we will invest more in the WR position
Had him in a lot of my practice mocks in the 6th/7th rounds. Great hands good RZ target. Good deep ball WR that can pluck the ball in the air.

I've seen him comped to Gabriel Davis which would be amazing IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Had him in a lot of my practice mocks in the 6th/7th rounds. Great hands good RZ target. Good deep ball WR that can pluck the ball in the air.

I've seen him comped to Gabriel Davis which would be amazing IMO.
i am like alot of fans. i was kind of upset we never drafted a wide out. but watching this guy. reading what you guys and execs and scouts say about him. i feel better with him being signed. people should be wise not to sleep on my boy travis benjamin. he is my marlon moore crush this coming off season to be a good player for us
Share 49ersWebzone