LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Heroism:
sus is right. They're running this dude into the ground.

Are surprised? Jimmy probably had a concussion in the 4th Q of the Superbowl and Kyle decided to put all the pressure on him to win the game.

He basically did the same with Deebo too, despite the fact we have Kittle, Aiyuk and Juice he could have used more throughout the season. It's taken Kyle over half a season to start utilising the best TE In football

Kyle has so many fun toys to play with he only knows how to play with one or two at a time.

That or Jimmy just don't know how to take advantage of all the weapons he has.

a GOOD QB would be in heaven right now if he had the offensive players we have.

I agree. I remember Joe and Steve moving the ball all over the field. A pass to Rice. One to Jones or maybe Rathman. Toss a quick one to Taylor along the sideline and let him run like Deebo. Throw one to Craig. Hit Rice deep over the middle. Anyone was a target at any time. It was like watching a symphony.

The tools are there to do the same thing now if they would just utilize them more. They just seem to sometimes get too locked in on one receiver.
The only obviously good and productive pick of the 2021 draft class(so far(Treyplz)).

But will be run into the ground thus negating him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 7, 2021 at 2:27 PM ]
The only obviously good and productive pick of the 2021 draft class(so far(Treyplz)).

But will be run into the ground thus negating him.

The good news is we can't run him into the ground this weekend while he sits out for concussion symptoms. So there's that.
Just looking at the guys they're working out, Jeremy Cox might be intriguing. I know there's a reason these guys aren't on teams. But then again Mostert was on a lot of teams.

Jeremy Cox
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Are surprised? Jimmy probably had a concussion in the 4th Q of the Superbowl and Kyle decided to put all the pressure on him to win the game.

He basically did the same with Deebo too, despite the fact we have Kittle, Aiyuk and Juice he could have used more throughout the season. It's taken Kyle over half a season to start utilising the best TE In football

Kyle has so many fun toys to play with he only knows how to play with one or two at a time.

I agree. I remember Joe and Steve moving the ball all over the field. A pass to Rice. One to Jones or maybe Rathman. Toss a quick one to Taylor along the sideline and let him run like Deebo. Throw one to Craig. Hit Rice deep over the middle. Anyone was a target at any time. It was like watching a symphony.

The tools are there to do the same thing now if they would just utilize them more. They just seem to sometimes get too locked in on one receiver.

The players are there. I think a better QB easily averages 30 with these guys.

its the coach calling plays
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

Oh, his bad because we all know it's Kyles history in the medical field that allows him the clear players in protocol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
WTF, now Mitchell is hurt? - we can't catch a break with these injuries.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The players are there. I think a better QB easily averages 30 with these guys.

The players are never there together on the field at the same time over any extended period of time. That's the real issue. And if it that doesn't change for Trey, you're going to see similar up/down bipolar weeks of play.

Dirty ass hit from Taylor...Seattle is a bunch of dirty ass f**ks

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dirty ass hit from Taylor...Seattle is a bunch of dirty ass f**ks

While I don't disagree completely, 2/3rds of all the starting RB1s and even some RB2s have been injured and missed multiple games. And a few of the RB1s that have stayed healthy have as many attempts/game as Mitchell, if not more.
Maybe it's just inherent in the position and need more than 1 RB1.
Lol knee irritation unreal.

The two 49ers players who suffered head injuries on Sunday—running backs Elijah Mitchell and Trenton Cannon—won't practice. They remain in the concussion protocol. Shanahan revealed that Mitchell is also dealing with a knee injury.

"I think they're calling it a knee irritation right now," Shanahan said. "We didn't have the imaging back when I talked to you guys [on Monday] but it's some stuff that makes him day-to-day."
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

its the coach calling plays

Nah I've seen jimmy miss so many open deep reads that he doesn't attempt to throw them. Jimmy is limiting the offense.
This team gives me a concussion
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol knee irritation unreal.

The two 49ers players who suffered head injuries on Sunday—running backs Elijah Mitchell and Trenton Cannon—won't practice. They remain in the concussion protocol. Shanahan revealed that Mitchell is also dealing with a knee injury.

"I think they're calling it a knee irritation right now," Shanahan said. "We didn't have the imaging back when I talked to you guys [on Monday] but it's some stuff that makes him day-to-day."

Unbelievable, our RBs can't stay on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone