There are 165 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by mayo49:
One thing I still can't see for the life of me is the fact that we don't pass to Mitchell more. He is also a great pass catcher. Forget Hasty as a third down back to keep Mitchell in, every time he gets the ball he does absolutely garbage with it. I don't know why our coach does not see this. Do not put Hasty in unless it's to give Mitchell a breather. I'm just tired of Hasty running into the back of our line or not slipping a tackle or even falling down, that is all!

It isn't just Mitchell they don't throw to - they don't throw to any of their backs.

Very true. We need to throw way more screens like GB. they would get us plenty of yards and extend drives at a minimum. I've seen way worse OL's do it successfully

Yeah, screens are very effective to slow the rush down - I don't know why Kyle doesn't use it.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Love the way he runs with the 🏈 I swear I see Garrison Hearst in him so much
I'm loving that comparison!
One thing I still can't see for the life of me is the fact that we don't pass to Mitchell more. He is also a great pass catcher. Forget Hasty as a third down back to keep Mitchell in, every time he gets the ball he does absolutely garbage with it. I don't know why our coach does not see this. Do not put Hasty in unless it's to give Mitchell a breather. I'm just tired of Hasty running into the back of our line or not slipping a tackle or even falling down, that is all!

It isn't just Mitchell they don't throw to - they don't throw to any of their backs.

Why? Its so maddening.

Very true. We need to throw way more screens like GB. they would get us plenty of yards and extend drives at a minimum. I've seen way worse OL's do it successfully

Yeah, screens are very effective to slow the rush down - I don't know why Kyle doesn't use it.

What's interesting is that when we first got au jus and kittle, we threw to our RBs repeatedly. I think it is more now that kyle wants his FB and RB blocking for the ball carrier or WR, thus getting more RAC. I'd rather we go back to more targets…but cannot argue KS has been very successful Using this strategy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Have a game, Rook.
Poor kid needs a break. He looked beat-up and tired for the first time today. We need him but his load has to get reduced going forward. He's a warrior for sure but still just a rookie.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Poor kid needs a break. He looked beat-up and tired for the first time today. We need him but his load has to get reduced going forward. He's a warrior for sure but still just a rookie.

Wilson should've gotten half the carries
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I can't believe he finished the game. That cheap shot to the head, I thought he was out cold.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I can't believe he finished the game. That cheap shot to the head, I thought he was out cold.

Same. He looked knocked out going to the ground.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good little player. Too bad shanny is running him into the ground.

Originally posted by FL9er:

Flash KO

I have no idea how he was allowed to come back.
bust.
Leads the league in 8+ man in the box rushing attempts...more then Henry/CMC and almost twice as much as Chubb/AK/Taylor/Mixon and the GB RBs.

That's f**king insane. Wilson in he's short time as a starter is even higher.

Kid is a gem...all we need is a QB that can threaten downfield and open up stuff in the running game.
sus is right. They're running this dude into the ground.

Originally posted by Heroism:
sus is right. They're running this dude into the ground.

I think this just proves how s**tty our medical team is
Share 49ersWebzone