LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
When Elijah played for the Rajin' Cajins he was 210-215 lbs. Happy to see he plans to play this season @ 215. Don't think it should effect his speed much, but should be an upgrade in power and stamina. He learned a lot in his rookie season and should be even better this year. That said, it won't surprise me to see Lynch possibly draft a RB or at a minimum sign a UDFA. Like CB's, you just can't have too many good RB's as we all witnessed with the Ravens last year. Go Elijah!
with all the freak injuries at RB... we need to load up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
When Elijah played for the Rajin' Cajins he was 210-215 lbs. Happy to see he plans to play this season @ 215. Don't think it should effect his speed much, but should be an upgrade in power and stamina. He learned a lot in his rookie season and should be even better this year. That said, it won't surprise me to see Lynch possibly draft a RB or at a minimum sign a UDFA. Like CB's, you just can't have too many good RB's as we all witnessed with the Ravens last year. Go Elijah!

Agreed. Like OL, this system seems to eat through Arby's. Fortunately, they have a stellar eye for talent here...esp. late.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Agreed. Hopefully any 1 (or 2) of Rachaad White, James Cook, Jerome Ford or Brian Robinson

And 1 of Calvin Turner, Tyler Badie, Ty Chandler
Originally posted by krizay:

Agreed. Hopefully any 1 (or 2) of Rachaad White, James Cook, Jerome Ford or Brian Robinson

And 1 of Calvin Turner, Tyler Badie, Ty Chandler
i've only seen one of those guys play, Cook.... and i'm on board that ship
Everyone please take a look at the first few pages of this thread. This man is the 49ers all time leading rookie rusher.

"But Gangsta what about the Sermon pick"

Let the dust settle before spreading negativity.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Everyone please take a look at the first few pages of this thread. This man is the 49ers all time leading rookie rusher.

"But Gangsta what about the Sermon pick"

Let the dust settle before spreading negativity.

MITCH was awesome last year !!

Lets hope he's even better this year... watta find !!
He is our best 1st down RB, when he is powering for yardage on first down this offense really goes
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He is our best 1st down RB, when he is powering for yardage on first down this offense really goes

Absolutely true. TDP looks like he will add another dimension to the run game.

This for sure.
Man this kid is getting no love...while I think his vision wasn't always on point, he broke the freaking SF rookie RB rushing record in 11 games. Top 10 in yards this yr.

This is the list the Schrager comes up with? Come on man.

4th in yards per attempt tied with Cook (+200 attempts) & 3rd in yards after contact (+200 attempts).

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man this kid is getting no love...while I think his vision wasn't always on point, he broke the freaking SF rookie RB rushing record in 11 games. Top 10 in yards this yr.

4th in yards per attempt tied with Cook (+200 attempts) & 3rd in yards after contact (+200 attempts).

Totally agreed. These 49er RB's need to make it through a full season healthy before they start getting the real love they deserve. But he absolutely needs to be on this list.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Totally agreed. These 49er RB's need to make it through a full season healthy before they start getting the real love they deserve. But he absolutely needs to be on this list.

Yup, I think the injury stuff goes out the window if you're tossing Akers in there
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Absolutely true. TDP looks like he will add another dimension to the run game.

Am really glad they drafted TDP to take some weight off Mitchell. I'm looking forward to seeing Mitchell more in the passing game this year. I think, if Mitchell and Sermon become passing threats (a la Roger Craig and Wrathman) Kyle can do some very creative things there that will be hard to stop -- specially when Kyle can just cross up defenses and give Mitchell the ball and Sermon is lead blocker. Now, if Sermon can actually run the ball this year - that will be even better.
Sounds like he's far & away the top dog on this RB stable.
Sounds like he's far & away the top dog on this RB stable.

Where you seeing that at? Honestly just curious
Share 49ersWebzone