There are 167 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If he had played the entire season, he would've had 1500 yards or so, at the pace he was on.

I know. He's a gem, in the 6th round for sure. Hate to lose Adam Peters if he's the guy that picked Elijah. Hope Mitchell comes into 2022 season ripped like Deebo. Deebo had some injury issues early in his career, and now it looks like those have been overcome. Hope Mitchell does the same. He's a beast on the ground.
Originally posted by Giedi:
If he had played the entire season, he would've had 1500 yards or so, at the pace he was on.

I know. He's a gem, in the 6th round for sure. Hate to lose Adam Peters if he's the guy that picked Elijah. Hope Mitchell comes into 2022 season ripped like Deebo. Deebo had some injury issues early in his career, and now it looks like those have been overcome. Hope Mitchell does the same. He's a beast on the ground.

I'm pretty sure he was a draft crush of Kyle's.

And we didn't even use him in the pass game, something people say he's even better at then running it. Complete fkn stud and to think he was our last pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Elijah and Ambry - two total steals of the draft.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

you damn skippy
Originally posted by elguapo:

you damn skippy

Oh how far we've come!
A lot of people s**t'n on Ambry early in the year just because it wasn't his turn to start. Zone gonna Zone
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A lot of people s**t'n on Ambry early in the year just because it wasn't his turn to start. Zone gonna Zone

Ambry is going to be a really important player in this next divisional game. He has to go one on one with the best WR corps in the NFL - IMO - and win.
I know everyone is in love with this kid and for good reason. He is as tough as nails but vision wise he misses a lot of lanes on the stretch play which would be real big gains. Something Mostret and Wilson did but just couldn't stay healthy. Maybe Wilson gets a few carries and pops a couple this Sunday.

I have a gut feeling that Peters is the head decision maker on picks after the 4th round.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Such a far cry from what people were saying week 1
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

I have a gut feeling that Peters is the head decision maker on picks after the 4th round.

I think its a collective decision- or i should say- they collectively rank the draft boards, but ultimately the guys who pull the trigger are Kyle and John, but I get your point - a lot of the dirty grind work is probably done by Peters and his assistants. Garbage in garbage out, or in the case of Peters, gems in, gems chosen.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think its a collective decision- or i should say- they collectively rank the draft boards, but ultimately the guys who pull the trigger are Kyle and John, but I get your point - a lot of the dirty grind work is probably done by Peters and his assistants. Garbage in garbage out, or in the case of Peters, gems in, gems chosen.

I'd be surprised if there's anything formal, but I assume that as the draft goes deeper, Shanahan/Lynch just put more trust in what Peters and the others say. Like, they know who all the players are and when they expect they're available, but probably aren't as well-scouted on guys as the draft goes on.

Because you hear stories of guys being championed... Like, I think Peters really fought for Ambry Thomas... And then not to pick on him, but I'm sure it's to his chagrin, we've heard of Shanahan really liking Dante Pettis and Joe Williams.

Ultimately, Shanahan really only has time to look at prospects when the offseason starts, and Lynch also divides his time to the in-season roster as well (and seems more of a big-picture, uniting leader anyway). I'd actually be impressed if Shanahan/Lynch were as well-scouted on Hufanga or Mitchell as they were on Trey Lance.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Jan 26, 2022 at 1:05 PM ]
concerned about the wear and tear
Share 49ersWebzone