There are 179 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Running game is really on Shanny brain this year. I have no problem with that. Jimmy and Trey need a strong running game. Hope this Kid has it in him. The more rbs, the better.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Man yall take Mostert for granted... but that's normal for most NFL fans when it comes to players. Just objects and pieces for many.

I don't think it's that. I don't see Mitchell beating out Mostert either. I just think with a year left on his deal, holding out last year, and injuries the 1st time he started off as top dog has the team wanting insurance. In my perfect world we sign Mostert longterm because the offense IS different when he plays. But can't be too sure we will be able to do so because of the previous history.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Man yall take Mostert for granted... but that's normal for most NFL fans when it comes to players. Just objects and pieces for many.

I don't think it's that. I don't see Mitchell beating out Mostert either. I just think with a year left on his deal, holding out last year, and injuries the 1st time he started off as top dog has the team wanting insurance. In my perfect world we sign Mostert longterm because the offense IS different when he plays. But can't be too sure we will be able to do so because of the previous history.

This... Love Mostert but like Jimmy you can't rely on him to play 17+ games.
Mitchell and surmon will be a sick one two punch once they both get a couple years with coach Bobby T. Might develop into a better freeman coleman combo

Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Running game is really on Shanny brain this year. I have no problem with that. Jimmy and Trey need a strong running game. Hope this Kid has it in him. The more rbs, the better.

Agreed. The pendulum is always moving from one side to the other when it comes to offensive and defensive strategies. Defense was king, by far. The league adjusted, via personel groupings and rules changes. Offense became king. Now offenses are at their pinnacle with mobile QB's and pass happy rules. Defenses around the league are adjusting with quicker, smaller players at positions in the secondary and quicker smaller defensive linemen. Shanny is ahead of the curve in that he's stacking his offense to be exactly what the "new" defenses are weakest at, stopping the run.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
may be the only questionable pick I have for this draft. But its the 6th round, so eh.

KS just can't get rid of his love for the JETT.... while JL see's too much Joe Williams from him !!

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hasty and Wilson must be sick to their stomach right now.

Wilson signed for 3.5 mil. He's just fine.

Hasty is a goner.

Idk what the big deal is with Hasty tbh. He'll most likely be on practice squad for next season anyway.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Yeah Mostert is pretty special with that speed and acceleration. And he isn't afraid of contact either.

No one takes him for granted, it's the fact he struggles to stay healthy for a full season even in a limited role and the fact he'll probably want big money come the end of the season too unfortunately.

Mostert is the definition of "taken for granted," maybe in history.
I wonder if they are considering trading Mostert. He was b***hing a little bit too much last year for my liking. Might be put on notice.
It kinda makes sense taking 2 rb's. Last year they got banged up and historically, it's a position that gets banged up and Jimmy is a guy who'll benefit from a good running game especially Lance if and when he plays his rookie year. Every qb needs a good running game anyways and we know Kyle lives off play action. Nothing wrong taking a guy whose athletically gifted and runs a 4.33 in the 6th
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

Elway and Brady needed a strong run game. So did Steve Young.

No matter how offenses adapt, it has always been the defense and run game that wins SuperBowls. Just ask SEA and KC.
One cut burner with stupid burst

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/elijah-mitchell
Share 49ersWebzone