LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Questionable but understandable. Mostert has only played a 16 game season once at RB and if he pops off like he can this year the niners arent going to want to pay him. He could of also been angling for an extension behind the scenes since he has one year left and is about to hit 30 so adding another RB removes any sort of leverage.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on May 1, 2021 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Well, it appears our strategy was to go all out at OL, RB, and DB to make sure we plug some holes there. I'm a little surprised we didnt use a pick on a receiver or LB or edge lineman

Shanny really wants some competition at RB it seems.

I thought we had a void due to Bourne leaving. I can't imagine Hurd will fill that roll.

Maybe we got plans for Cracraft.

Looks like Richie James is about to get his shot. He gets yards after the catch which is what Kyle covets.

How many times have most of us begged Kyle to give James more of a shot? With Bourne gone they'll have no option to give him a legit shot, still hoping Hurd stays and gets healthy
Originally posted by miked1978:
They just taking BPA at this point.

I like this kid but I just don't see how he fits considering we just signed Gallman and drafter Sermon.

idk if they'll trade someone, but if they do, I think Mostert could be dealt if Mitchell impresses in camp & preseason, Mostert has no GTD money left, but Gallman isn't a lock IMO, he should make the team, but no GTD money, just a $990K base salary that only counts $850K against the cap, no other bonus money that counts against the cap.

As for WR, I wonder if Kyle just can't let any of the 5 go, he decides to keep just 5 WRs, and 5 RBs, with Mitchell kind of a RB/WR in the Slot role. I guess if they keep 6 Sanu is the front runner.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Rivers:
I like the pick.

Ground and Pound opposing defenses. Then play action.

NFL.com lists him at 201. His college profile says 218. He looks more like 218 to me. He sounds like the inside guy to take advantage of Banks and the other fatties inside.

Can you say, "red zone?"

He looks 218 to me also. I like the pick. He looks very fluid cutting and running.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Now we're back to the old days when kyle and JL either took last of the lot, UDFAs, or Guys picking up shopping carts at Walmart. Like i already posted, I was done wiht the draft, last pick. This had to come

What is the inside joke with Walmart?
What if they plan on trading both Wilson and Mostert for future picks at some point? Or atleast one of them?
With the success guys like Mostert and Breida have had in our offense, I thought the 49ers might look at a burner. I thought Eli Mitchell in particular because he had one of the fastest times in the combine. Aside from Mostert, we really don't have a burner.
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on May 1, 2021 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Well, it appears our strategy was to go all out at OL, RB, and DB to make sure we plug some holes there. I'm a little surprised we didnt use a pick on a receiver or LB or edge lineman

Shanny really wants some competition at RB it seems.

I thought we had a void due to Bourne leaving. I can't imagine Hurd will fill that roll.

Maybe we got plans for Cracraft.

Looks like Richie James is about to get his shot. He gets yards after the catch which is what Kyle covets.

we posted the same thing at the same time

Glad he will. Its wide open for James to lock down a number 3 job.
Mostert = future seahawk
I really wanted Felton here, but I'll survive. Seems the team is tending towards guys with a bit more fire. He's not a dancer it seems. Straight downhill, it seems to me.

Man yall take Mostert for granted... but that's normal for most NFL fans when it comes to players. Just objects and pieces for many.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Man yall take Mostert for granted... but that's normal for most NFL fans when it comes to players. Just objects and pieces for many.

Yeah Mostert is pretty special with that speed and acceleration. And he isn't afraid of contact either.
This was my least favorite pick by far. I don't get adding another RB. I just don't.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This was my least favorite pick by far. I don't get adding another RB. I just don't.
Some people will simply never be satisfied with anything, it is what it is.
Share 49ersWebzone