There are 65 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If Mitchell hit 1,000 yds this year, which most likely he could, should the Niners tear up his 6th round rookie contract and give him a paid raise.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If Mitchell hit 1,000 yds this year, which most likely he could, should the Niners tear up his 6th round rookie contract and give him a paid raise.

Elijah "Like I Say" Mitchell

Well first off you can't do that…second no
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's nice to have the youthful recuperative ability. I miss that 😝

Still, if we get up big in 2nd half, 3 scores or more, anyone who can sub in and protect our must have starters would be very welcomed by me. Just saving 1/3 of Elijah (and hopefully no Deebo at RB) , wiht Wilson or Hasty doing a good job….the more of that, the better. Also if up big late, would like to see RG, RT, with new blood to see who is dependable and can cut it and who can't. Because come the run at end of season, beginning last week, we gotta know who can be depended on not to screw the pooch when inserted into the OL.

We pretty well have done this on DL, to some extent, but we need to have this at RB and OL also. Protecting guys we have to have by getting PT off, if situation allows it, is key to going on in playoffs. Healthiest team wins….ALWAYS. This (health) has to be factored into any game plan if we really want that 6th ring. The team that doesn't prepare for health in later rounds….loses. Has to be part of overall game plan.

On the DL, we just snaked one out of thin rd 5 air with DJ Jones. Man what a find. (Or was it rd 6?) Who cares.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 3, 2021 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It's nice to have the youthful recuperative ability. I miss that 😝

HA tell me about it! played B-ball for the first time since COVID and I was a mess for like a week.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Still, if we get up big in 2nd half, 3 scores or more, anyone who can sub in and protect our must have starters would be very welcomed by me. Just saving 1/3 of Elijah (and hopefully no Deebo at RB) , wiht Wilson or Hasty doing a good job….the more of that, the better. Also if up big late, would like to see RG, RT, with new blood to see who is dependable and can cut it and who can't. Because come the run at end of season, beginning last week, we gotta know who can be depended on not to screw the pooch when inserted into the OL.

We pretty well have done this on DL, to some extent, but we need to have this at RB and OL also. Protecting guys we have to have by getting PT off, if situation allows it, is key to going on in playoffs. Healthiest team wins….ALWAYS. This (health) has to be factored into any game plan if we really want that 6th ring. The team that doesn't prepare for health in later rounds….loses. Has to be part of overall game plan.

On the DL, we just snaked one out of thin rd 5 air with DJ Jones. Man what a find. (Or was it rd 6?) Who cares.

I still say we need to rest him towards the 3rd QTR so that he's fully charged in the 4th!!
One thing I still can't see for the life of me is the fact that we don't pass to Mitchell more. He is also a great pass catcher. Forget Hasty as a third down back to keep Mitchell in, every time he gets the ball he does absolutely garbage with it. I don't know why our coach does not see this. Do not put Hasty in unless it's to give Mitchell a breather. I'm just tired of Hasty running into the back of our line or not slipping a tackle or even falling down, that is all!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I remember during the Rams game, the announcers were saying how it's amazing how the Shanahan's find RBs anywhere, like Mike found Terrell Davis in the 6th, same as Kyle with Elijah, not saying he'll be as good as Davis was, but you never know.

Personally, I think it's a case of the OLine making the RB better than he is. Don't get me wrong - the RB has to have talent also to see the hole and the talent to break tackles or outrun said tackles. But if you have a good OLine, I think even an average back will do pretty decent. Add in Kyle's ability to spot RB talent - and you have something special. ShanaLynch has chosen an offensive or defensive lineman - pretty much in the first or second rounds ever since they've ran the franchise. They really value OLine and DLine talent. Contrast that with Seattle who have gotten away from investing in the trenches since (I think) 2017.

Well first off you can't do that…second no

Where's Eddie D and that cash when ya need him
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I remember during the Rams game, the announcers were saying how it's amazing how the Shanahan's find RBs anywhere, like Mike found Terrell Davis in the 6th, same as Kyle with Elijah, not saying he'll be as good as Davis was, but you never know.

Personally, I think it's a case of the OLine making the RB better than he is. Don't get me wrong - the RB has to have talent also to see the hole and the talent to break tackles or outrun said tackles. But if you have a good OLine, I think even an average back will do pretty decent. Add in Kyle's ability to spot RB talent - and you have something special. ShanaLynch has chosen an offensive or defensive lineman - pretty much in the first or second rounds ever since they've ran the franchise. They really value OLine and DLine talent. Contrast that with Seattle who have gotten away from investing in the trenches since (I think) 2017.

The O-line has been run blocking the best we have seen since the last super bowl year. Pass protection needs a lot of work still.
but they have been setting the table for the backs. Even when Elijah was out.

Love the way he runs with the 🏈 I swear I see Garrison Hearst in him so much
Originally posted by Giedi:

I'm not so sure it's that or at least even close to 50% that. Put in Wilson or Hasty the average goes down to below 3.0 yards per carry. That's below average by any standard even if our Tackles are great run blockers. Now with Mitchell he's at 4.8 per carry with that same OL. It's definitely both however the majority is talent. Notice our quicker backs like Mostert and Mitchell do so much better than slower less decisive backs like Wilson
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 4, 2021 at 2:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone