LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really like and respect Mitchell. He was a very late round pick who long story short ended up being the starter on this team. He's a very talented running back who has played really well for this team. But i have to be honest and realistic the guy cant stay healthy and most likely never will. I don't want to give up on him and i don't want him traded or cut. I feel he should stay here at least threw his rookie contract but what i do know is i no longer want him as the #2 back behind CMC some one else should get that spot and Mitchell can contribute in a smaller role. I feel Mitchell can still contribute in a small role but he no longer should be relied on in any kind of starting capacity.
Originally posted by krizay:
Am I the only one that is not impressed with CMC as a runner? I definitely wouldn't trade Mitchell. As of right now he is our best runner.

Yes, you are. CMC finds space when there's space to find. He's instinctive in opening up a run with small steps that help him change the point of attack abruptly. He is very good. Don't be misled because our oline consists of 98 lb weaklings and kyle's inside ideas are falling flat as a pancake. Don't blame cmc for that. Mitchell shows better burst and power, but I trust cmc to get the most out of broken fields.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Am I the only one that is not impressed with CMC as a runner? I definitely wouldn't trade Mitchell. As of right now he is our best runner.

Yes, you are. CMC finds space when there's space to find. He's instinctive in opening up a run with small steps that help him change the point of attack abruptly. He is very good. Don't be misled because our oline consists of 98 lb weaklings and kyle's inside ideas are falling flat as a pancake. Don't blame cmc for that. Mitchell shows better burst and power, but I trust cmc to get the most out of broken fields.

Yea CMC is on another level in space or on broken fields. He's only mediocre between the tackles.

Mitchell is a good back but CMC has the ability to take over games. Mitchell on is about as good as Hyde was in his prime. Both good but nothing to write home about.

Especially considering pretty much any RB off the street is doing pretty well in between tackles with Kyle's offense.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Just seeing how Shannan was using Mitchell in the second half of that Cardinals game was beautiful. He really does find those extra yards that are necessary late in the game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This guy is as injury prone as T.Lance.
Originally posted by jcs:

What does injury prone mean? Does it mean that the player has weak bones, cartilage and tendons?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by jcs:

What does injury prone mean? Does it mean that the player has weak bones, cartilage and tendons?

I think it means a players tends to get injured more often than the average player.

See Jason Verrett.
  • thl408
Hopefully Eli gets all his injuries out of the way early in his career then strings together some healthy seasons a la Jimmie Ward.
McCaffrey CMC
Mitchell MCL
Originally posted by thl408:
Hopefully Eli gets all his injuries out of the way early in his career then strings together some healthy seasons a la Jimmie Ward.

Jimmie's been on I.R. twice this year. But I know what you mean.

• thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:

Jimmie's been on I.R. twice this year. But I know what you mean.

Hmm I just took a glance at Jimmie's games played, and me calling it "healthy seasons" is not accurate. Anyway, maybe Eli runs too tough for his body. Shoulder, knee, knee - not good.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I really like and respect Mitchell. He was a very late round pick who long story short ended up being the starter on this team. He's a very talented running back who has played really well for this team. But i have to be honest and realistic the guy cant stay healthy and most likely never will. I don't want to give up on him and i don't want him traded or cut. I feel he should stay here at least threw his rookie contract but what i do know is i no longer want him as the #2 back behind CMC some one else should get that spot and Mitchell can contribute in a smaller role. I feel Mitchell can still contribute in a small role but he no longer should be relied on in any kind of starting capacity.

Nothing wrong with him as the number 2 back, particularly when he is good enough to be number 1. You just need someone behind him that can play. Hopefully between Mason and TDP we have those guys.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Raul98:

Nothing wrong with him as the number 2 back, particularly when he is good enough to be number 1. You just need someone behind him that can play. Hopefully between Mason and TDP we have those guys.

It seems like we have this issue with all the RBs. Who has stayed 100% healthy the last few years. I think every one of them has missed several games or entire seasons.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Hes a excellent number 2 back but only plays roughly less than half the season. I rather some one else become number 2 some one more reliable. Maybe moving Mitchell down to number 3 keeps him healthier. Hes so talented though i see Kyle keeping him as the backup to CMC though anyway next season.
If there is one thing Shanahan can do it's finding a running back, I'm sure Mason and Price will carry the load.
Share 49ersWebzone