There are 254 users in the forums

RB Elijah Mitchell Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has 1 quality similar to mostert. Runs fast so casually where it doesn't look like he is moving as fast as he really is.
Damn. Threat to Hasty. Insurance for Mostert. You can never feel comfortable as a back in this system. And our backs got hurt one too many times last year. They collectively along with run blocking making the offense go. We need consistent run blocking and consistently available runners.

He'll make the team. Maybe he plays the role on special teams Mostert used to have? With his speed could challenge Mostert and this completely frees us of any time of huge contract demands Mostert may have next year when his deal is up. I don't hate the pick.

I guess we plan on going the UDFA route for receivers, another edge rusher, and TE.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on May 1, 2021 at 1:18 PM ]
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Wow....

Mostert in trouble?

Guy can't stay healthy and Kyle is over injuries
  • dj43
Consistently productive despite sharing carries.
Very good size and body composition.
Has leg strength to play through arm tackles.
Keeps pad level square through contact.
Ran with better will and force in 2020.
Adequate contact balance to extend a run.
Functional pass-catching option.
Good recognition of blitz pick-up duties.

(NFL.com)

When I first read this, the thought came to mind of the style of Frank Gore - always good pad angle, ran through tackles, good PP...
Kyle stacking skill sets

Speed = Mostert + Mitchell
Power = Wilson + Sermon (Gallman)
Well, it appears our strategy was to go all out at OL, RB, and DB to make sure we plug some holes there. I'm a little surprised we didnt use a pick on a receiver or LB or edge lineman
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hasty and Wilson must be sick to their stomach right now.

Wilson signed for 3.5 mil. He's just fine.

Hasty is a goner.

How much guarantee???
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Special teamer.
Originally posted by zero:
This guy is actually pretty good. I live in sunbelt conference territory and have seen him a few times and he was the offense. Could be a steal

Clearly the 49ers loved him and thought he was a steal, because they sure didn't need him
* Mostert / Sermon as the one-two workhorses

* Mitchell the speed backup / Wilson the power backup

* Hasty on the PS / Gallman eventually cut but on speed-dial if there's injuries and he's available.

Speed
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by zero:
This guy is actually pretty good. I live in sunbelt conference territory and have seen him a few times and he was the offense. Could be a steal

Clearly the 49ers loved him and thought he was a steal, because they sure didn't need him

Bpa
Originally posted by dj43:
Consistently productive despite sharing carries.
Very good size and body composition.
Has leg strength to play through arm tackles.
Keeps pad level square through contact.
Ran with better will and force in 2020.
Adequate contact balance to extend a run.
Functional pass-catching option.
Good recognition of blitz pick-up duties.

(NFL.com)

When I first read this, the thought came to mind of the style of Frank Gore - always good pad angle, ran through tackles, good PP...

Blitz pick up duties will get him playing time, hope he is good at it
Practice Squader
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Well, it appears our strategy was to go all out at OL, RB, and DB to make sure we plug some holes there.

It appears that our strategy is to be a run first team to force them to stack the box and throw it over them
Share 49ersWebzone