LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

SS Talanoa Hufanga Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Can't wait to see him play
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hopefully Hufanga knocks either Harris or Moore off the roster. I like the potential of Hufanga more!!!

Hopefully Harris since I still have hope for Moore.
Hufanga should easily replace Harris. Absolutely LOVE his style. Dude is like a baby Polamalu.
  • thl408
He seems like one of those instinctual type players with limited athleticism. Like a Chris Borland but at safety. His physical limitations will prevent him from being a star, but his football instincts and toughness could make him a serviceable player. If he becomes a special teams rock while providing safety depth, that's a win.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
We got that Walmart Troy Polamalu!

Just needs to grow that hair out a bit longer
Originally posted by thl408:
He seems like one of those instinctual type players with limited athleticism. Like a Chris Borland but at safety. His physical limitations will prevent him from being a star, but his football instincts and toughness could make him a serviceable player. If he becomes a special teams rock while providing safety depth, that's a win.

I think this is accurate. Maybe in a year or two we can draft a FS and SS high. But dude can be a solid backup and ball out on ST.
His idol is Polamalu so good enough for me.
Great Pick. Trojan alumni here, saw him play a bunch. He is going to make the team. He should have gone higher.
Not sure I'm in love with this guy as a safety, but I think he's be a monster OLB for us if he adds another 10 pounds.
Many guys have come and gone who aren't athletically gifted who've become stars and many who are freaks who can't play a damn. Not saying he'll be a star but when you got desire, heart and football intelligence you never know.

I know nothing about this kid
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You will fall in love this weekend. Listen/watch his interviews than turn on the tape. He will start out as our special teams ace but will be our SS in the near future
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

2020 Pac-12 Defensive Player Of The Year. He can play.
Originally posted by thl408:

Seems pretty accurate. He doesn't have the range that Tartt does, but has everything else. 4.6 to 4.65 speed guy, so box safety is definitely where he'd remain at DB, but could see him converting to LB as well at some point if thing shake out differently with our depth chart.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 1, 2021 at 7:19 PM ]
Watching his highlights, he looks more like a linebacker to me. I don't think we drafting him to play safety. Maybe sub package, big nickel. Something about him just tells me he'd translate to middle linebacker watching him take on blocks and such. Only watched his highlights though. Only saw 2 where he was more than 10 yards down field.
Share 49ersWebzone