Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well, with Moseley gone he's the starter on the outside as of now. Womack looked like a playmaker in the slot and a turnover machine in the preseason. Now we need more depth bc we are always injured at cb

Would like them to take a look at Byron Murphy

I would too but no way we could afford him. I think he goes for at least Moseley money at 6 million. I fell some desperate team will offer him at least 8 million per year and no way we do that.

Who else is out there that may be cheap to sign? Ambry Thomas can't be an immediate backup to Ward or Demo

Ya really hurt losing Eman. We really to sign another corner that is starter material now. It sucks saying it out loud but we would be so f**ked now if Mooney has to miss time. Idc how good this DL is gonna be, you still need decent corners.

Yeah I wish we just paid him 6 million, coming off an ACL or not, that's still a bargain. Our cbs always get injured so we need 1 more starter that's proven imo. Not another 3rd round inconsistent cb like Ambry Thomas or Witherspoon. We will lose against Mahomes or Allen in the SB this year if we don't address this

You know, the Chiefs don't have these All Pros at every level. The QB will determine if we get past that kind of team, not another CB, though it is still s need. The Chiefs D is average. With Omenihu, I expect them to be better but still not great. Trey or Brock will have the biggest say, not another CB.

With that said, we still need to hit twice at CB, FS, edge, RT, run stuffing DT, and TE.

Will they be better with Omen? Signing him for that much means Clark is gone. Not sure that's an upgrade.

It isn't. I am curious to see what the guarantees are. We are going to end up with a whole extra drafts worth of comp picks.
Nice switch of # there

For flexibility, I certainly don't mind Lenoir practicing both spots.

But if the plan during a game is to play Lenoir at outside corner on base down and move him to the slot in nickel, I think that might be a bit too much for Lenoir. He is still a young player that needs to focus on one position in a single game.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 16, 2023 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:

But if the plan during a game is to play Lenoir at outside corner on base down and move him to the slot in nickel, I think that might be a bit too much for Lenoir. He is still a young player that needs to focus on one position in a single game.

I like this a lot.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Sounds to me like Oliver is gonna be on the bench most likely. He's gonna have to step up big the next couple games as Parker, Thomas, and others are making a push.
How can a cover corner be this bad? I cringe and hold my breath every time they throw over there. My goodness.

Lenoir is #2
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
YEAH, this guy scares me.. Luter better come aboard ASAP so we can decide if we need to make a trade for a CB..
Yea he's bring picked on a lot. And with more blitzing it's less help they have to give him.

I was really hoping his improvement over the second half of last season would continue but I'm not seeing it. I don't think he's been terrible though and I think his struggles are mental.
He's decent. Top 2 corner on this team. He will always play a bit off so I get why people can be annoyed, but I'd take him over Ambry easily.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I was really hoping his improvement over the second half of last season would continue but I'm not seeing it. I don't think he's been terrible though and I think his struggles are mental.

I may be the biggest Ducks fan on the zone but he had the same issues in college.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I may be the biggest Ducks fan on the zone but he had the same issues in college.

Lenoir is a solid starter but he isn't Moseley from last year. It isn't an absolute need, but I'd like us taking a corner in the 2nd. If Lenoir is our 3rd best guy on the outside, that's a pretty damn legit secondary and a LOOOONNNGG way from that 2020 secondary.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Lenoir is a solid starter but he isn't Moseley from last year. It isn't an absolute need, but I'd like us taking a corner in the 2nd. If Lenoir is our 3rd best guy on the outside, that's a pretty damn legit secondary and a LOOOONNNGG way from that 2020 secondary.

Hopefully we address it at the trade deadline. Don't want Mahomes picking on him in the SB
Share 49ersWebzone