There are 179 users in the forums

OT Jaylon Moore, 5th Round Pick 2021

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
A Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
At first I read that backwards and was thinking 3 pressures in 9 playoff games is incredible- what's wrong with that? lol. With that said, yeah, you can't hide guys. I think we are headed in the right direction, but we aren't there yet. Williams/Banks/Brendel/Burford/McGlinchey with the potential of Moore or Brunskill stepping in at RT has some possibilities. I don't expect it to look right until those guys get half a season under their belts. I'm just hoping McKivitz never sees the field.

i still like Poe ,so add him to that list. That said i would like to see us snag 3 OLs like we did recently , and bring them in, all probably Rds 5,6, 7. OLs just need a yr, some 2-3 to get it all together. You draft an OL in the top 10 or even 15 picks ….that's a different story. Those guys should start right out of the box. But late rounders…being patient pays off if the talent is there, albeit in need of coaching.

Id love to draft 3, but my issue is that they won't all make the team abd risk being taken by someone else.

Assuming we resign McKivitz, Brendel, and Brunskill (as they should), 2023 looks like Williams/Banks/Brendel/Burford/McKivitz, with Brunskill, Poe, and Zakelj. That leaves for one more guy at most. It seems we have a lot of relatively young guys. Hoping they take they leap so we can be top 10 in both run blocking and pass protecting.
I can't get excited about this guy. He was so bad in the five snaps that he played. He got Jimmy steamrolled by letting a guy walk right past him. Do I remember that right? I don't know what's going on with him it looked like some kind of mental thing. Too petrified to play.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I can't get excited about this guy. He was so bad in the five snaps that he played. He got Jimmy steamrolled by letting a guy walk right past him. Do I remember that right? I don't know what's going on with him it looked like some kind of mental thing. Too petrified to play.

yes lol, that was a f**king disaster, I remember cursing at my TV
Air would've blocked better
You really gonna tell me that Lynch & Co. Can't find a better option out there to play as swing tackle? This fool is a horrendous pass blocker. If either Tackle goes out pray for whoever is the starting QB, dude is gonna get our QB hurt eventually.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
You really gonna tell me that Lynch & Co. Can't find a better option out there to play as swing tackle? This fool is a horrendous pass blocker. If either Tackle goes out pray for whoever is the starting QB, dude is gonna get our QB hurt eventually.

They literally brought in 5 new guys (M Pryor, C Luciona, I Manning, J Fisher, and L Watson) to compete with Moore.
Also, when a league is struggling to find 64 viable starters at OT, swing tackles are essentially going to be the 65th best at their position on a good day, and generally with some obvious weak elements in their game. Maybe a few would rank a bit higher if from a team that has OT depth who are actually better than a starter on a few teams, but that's a bit of a stretch.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 2, 2023 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Also, when a league is struggling to find 64 viable starters at OT, swing tackles are essentially going to be the 65th best at their position on a good day, and generally with some obvious weak elements in their game. Maybe a few would rank a bit higher if from a team that has OT depth who are actually better than a starter on a few teams, but that's a bit of a stretch.

I'm just confused how there's any hope for this kid. It would have happened already. At least we drafted someone to compete, oh wait we didn't.
He was drafted a year after McKivitz and is a year younger, so really you should wait one more year to assess whether he is starter quality. If you look at how they are drafting, the strategy is to find and develop mid-round OLs. If Moore plateaus, then you've got Zakelj waiting in the wings plus a number of UDFAs.
Someone needs to step up and/or we better get lucky when teams start trimming for 53 soon
Thoughts on his play vs. Broncos?

I hope we do a deep dive into the waiver wires for OLine.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

🙏 🙏 Yes sir

Theyll be battling 29 other teams there. No one getting cut at this juncture will be any good.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Aug 21, 2023 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Theyll be battling 29 other teams there. No one getting cut at this juncture will be any good.

True, but what is also true is that some that get cut will without question be better then some of the guys that we have
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Thoughts on his play vs. Broncos?

Not sure about the entire game. He got beat bad on the deep out almost-catch to Latu.
Share 49ersWebzone