LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

OT Jaylon Moore, 5th Round Pick 2021

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I was hoping this kid would come out and prove he is better than McGlinchey or Brunskill. He did well enough for his first start. I think Lynch is calling around right now shopping out McGlinchey. Let Moore start the rest of the year and see what we have here because Mike is not the guy we want at RT in 2022.

mid rather see this kid Vs Mack next week than McGlinchey that's for sure.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I was hoping this kid would come out and prove he is better than McGlinchey or Brunskill. He did well enough for his first start. I think Lynch is calling around right now shopping out McGlinchey. Let Moore start the rest of the year and see what we have here because Mike is not the guy we want at RT in 2022.

They already picked up McG's 5th year option for next season. He's not going anywhere. I don't get it either but they seem to like him out there.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Lynch is drafting his statement of positivity to the media lol

Haha seriously. I mean McGlinchey is a hard guy to beat out for RT, huh? lol

Originally posted by jcs:

They already picked up McG's 5th year option for next season. He's not going anywhere. I don't get it either but they seem to like him out there.

They can still trade him though and the other team would have the fifth year option.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

They can still trade him though and the other team would have the fifth year option.
Do you see another team paying McG $10.8 million for a single season?

Do you see another team paying McG $10.8 million for a single season?

I mean he could be the best option for a contender who is decimated with O-line injuries, which is why we need to trade him now and not in the off season. Midseason inventory is scary low and demand could be very high, which leads teams take chances on players like McGlinchey. He also has the pedigree, so theres a chance that a team likes his abilities and think they can turn his career around. So yeah I think a team could make that trade right now but probably not during the offseason when inventory will be plentiful.
  • dj43
Moore had an OK game for a rookie, albeit not against the greatest EDs in the league. His overall PFF grade to date in limited snaps is 59.9. For comparison, McGlinchey's overall rating is 70.6, which ranks him as the #23 tackle in the league, both sides combined. Moore is not a candidate to replace McGlinchey any time soon.

Before we go off on an anti-PFF rant, I only offer this for some perspective on how both tackles rank among the league.
Originally posted by dj43:
Moore had an OK game for a rookie, albeit not against the greatest EDs in the league. His overall PFF grade to date in limited snaps is 59.9. For comparison, McGlinchey's overall rating is 70.6, which ranks him as the #23 tackle in the league, both sides combined. Moore is not a candidate to replace McGlinchey any time soon.

Before we go off on an anti-PFF rant, I only offer this for some perspective on how both tackles rank among the league.

Before we get into grading we have to separate between pass blocking and run blocking. Everyone in here is right in saying he is not good in pass protection. However, he is a top-five tackle in all of football in run blocking. I would almost say top three. His grades in run blocking for his career have been stellar. So that makes his overall grade looks so much better but the fact remains, he is an elite run blocker and a very poor pass protector.

The reason we kept him is because he is so good in that aspect however all of us see how poorly he does every game. I would rather have a very good tackle in pass protection then in run blocking. We are all sick of watching our quarterbacks get destroyed because of him getting embarrassed every week.

We traded Buckner after picking up his option.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Before we get into grading we have to separate between pass blocking and run blocking. Everyone in here is right in saying he is not good in pass protection. However, he is a top-five tackle in all of football in run blocking. I would almost say top three. His grades in run blocking for his career have been stellar. So that makes his overall grade looks so much better but the fact remains, he is an elite run blocker and a very poor pass protector.

The reason we kept him is because he is so good in that aspect however all of us see how poorly he does every game. I would rather have a very good tackle in pass protection then in run blocking. We are all sick of watching our quarterbacks get destroyed because of him getting embarrassed every week.

If we had above average play at RG we could get away with MM at RT.

Always appreciate the angle. TY.

Lol this. I wish he was gearing up to move McGlinch, but it's this.

Question is, can he play RT?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Can Mike McGlinchey?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Can Mike McGlinchey?

If we want to increase our cap number, we should start trimming the fat.

If this kid can take over RT, we could trade McGlinchey and save $ there without weakening the O-line. Same with Dee Ford, who seems to only play a few snaps each game. I also think our FS & SS positions is a place where we could save $ and not have too much drop off since those guys aren't lighting it up either.

J.G, is a no brainer as well. We need that cap space since we will be free agent heavy the next couple years with no 1st round picks.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We traded Buckner after picking up his option.

Defo had already been a probowler and made a 2nd team all pro team at that time, he had trade value....McG I don't feel fits in the same bracket, especially at nearly 11 million dollars.
You can tell a lot about a tackle just by looking at their feet, and this kid has some damn good feet.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 28, 2021 at 9:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone