OT Jaylon Moore, 5th Round Pick 2021

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Why wasn't the pass pro addressed like this 3 years ago

A hard head makes a soft ass. Kyle is tired of getting his ass handed to him on the LOS

Well i wouldn't have said it that way,...but pretty clever and spot on. As for the why not 3 yrs ago, because they wanted to secure the DL first.

KC had it right from the beginning. OL to protect their qB, then got Mahomes. Then in SB, got reminded that even the best QB in the league can't win with no OL. They have completely rebuilt OL via trade, FA and draft their OL. both they are loaded.

We are finally on the right track, and now need to protect both QBs. One at a time but , nonetheless, both.

I think the draft this year was heavy in good OLinemen as well as a deep QB draft. Thats how the draft crop generally was assessed. Solomon, Mcglinchy, Bosa, kinlaw, now Banks (and moore) - i think it depends on the kind of crop you get each draft and that's how they draft, but ShanaLynch is pretty consistent in getting those OLinemen and DLinemen early in the draft.

Also Last years QB losses to injuries was a painful lesson learned by ShanaLynch with regards to protecting thier QBs, against the NFC Wests big DLinemen.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dj43:
Tomlinson's cap number for 2022 is only $1M. Of course, he may push for an extension, however, for now, he is still here in 2022.
The big number is Jimmy's $27M.

Tomlinson isn't going anywhere...I'm guessing he gets an extension at some point this yr.

It'll be interesting to see if he'll compete at RT or LG as insurance for not wanting to pay a high salary for McGlinchey next year or if they've had enough of Tomlinson's pass protection issues once Lance gets in there.
According to Chris Biderman, Shanahan said they are going to play Moore at guard.

I remember that as well but he was looking at his sheet of paper to confirm that. LOL.

His projection was RT/G. I'm sure he'll be cross trained either way.
I posted this before but good info

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I posted this before but good info

I could easily see him becoming our LG after Tomlinson. Start Banks at RG soon, then work Moore in at LG maybe next year if he works out.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Man, we got supposedly got anchors at tackle(not sold on mcglinch) but not with Mack and a few rookie guards I'm getting so excited about this line.
Originally posted by walker807:
I could easily see him becoming our LG after Tomlinson. Start Banks at RG soon, then work Moore in at LG maybe next year if he works out.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Man, we got supposedly got anchors at tackle(not sold on mcglinch) but not with Mack and a few rookie guards I'm getting so excited about this line.

Originally posted by Midbay:
I just want to see him come in as an eligible receiver in Jumbo packages. Any idea if his hands are any good? He doesn't need much speed to break open for a two yard touchdown.

I'm only half kidding.

I was thinking the same thing. If Woener can't do what Toilolo did in 2019, they should just put Brunskill or Moore in there, especially for short yardage. Toilolo was an underrated part of our run game that year and he only had 2 targets the entire season.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I feel like KS is setting up the Niners to have a run game like the NFL has never seen.

Every dimension, I want to see Triple Option to Wildcat. How different concepts can he incorporate?
Some think Moore could be Tomlinson's replacement and that they don't plan on giving him an extension as he is in the final year of his contract.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Tasty

I don't know why, but this is the guy I really want to see in training camp! I have no real reason for my interest, I just think our O-line depth will always be the key to our success.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I don't know why, but this is the guy I really want to see in training camp! I have no real reason for my interest, I just think our O-line depth will always be the key to our success.

I think you're right. As much as I loved Hufunga pre draft… I think this is the kid that will be a huge success. He has all the tools to be even better than Tomlinson imo. We're set at G for the next 4 years.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I think you're right. As much as I loved Hufunga pre draft… I think this is the kid that will be a huge success. He has all the tools to be even better than Tomlinson imo. We're set at G for the next 4 years.

is Moore listed as a Guard or Tackle?

You are right, if we get the interior O-line shored up...
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jul 28, 2021 at 9:33 AM ]
Nothing on how this guys first couple of practice went?
Share 49ersWebzone