There are 197 users in the forums

Ambry Thomas, CB - Michigan, 3rd Round Pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ambry needs some reps this game. I hope Demecos putting pressure on him.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Ambry needs some reps this game. I hope Demecos putting pressure on him.

Agreed. Hope the work the Mooney Ward has been doing with him pays off going forward
  • All22
  • Veteran
Demeco loves to play press man and it's gonna be his downfall without EMan and Ward on the outside.
One more CB injury away from starting.
So I thought he played well late last season... got beat once (?) on a mix up in the playoffs.

At the start of that season Lenior played better than Thomas.... and rightfully moved ahead of Thomas on the roster. But late in the season Thomas played much better.

Yet Kyle moves Lenior ahead of Thomas because of training camp?

Hell when we were down Mooney Ward recently, I saw F'n nickle cb Womack lined up on the outside.

So Thomas is once again in Kyle's Dog House.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
So I thought he played well late last season... got beat once (?) on a mix up in the playoffs.

At the start of that season Lenior played better than Thomas.... and rightfully moved ahead of Thomas on the roster. But late in the season Thomas played much better.

Hell when we were down Mooney Ward recently, I saw F'n nickle cb Womack lined up on the outside.

I think Demeco is making those personnel decisions
Originally posted by All22:

I think Demeco is making those personnel decisions
i thought i read AT sprained an ankle and couldn't play this game

Who said he was in the doghouse? Thomas played like trash. And he wasn't much better towards the end of the season.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Who said he was in the doghouse? Thomas played like trash. And he wasn't much better towards the end of the season.

Oh God... why do you think he started for us in the f**king playoffs against Dallas? Sealed the win vs the Rams at the end of the season, playing a pass perfectly while guarding Odell f'n Beckham.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/155198-49ers-kyle-shanahan-impressed-rookie-ambry-thomas-improved/

Thomas' 73.4 overall grade in Sunday's playoff win against the Dallas Cowboys was the rookie's highest of the season. He allowed two targets for 24 yards and just four total yards after the catch while recording a pass breakup.

Thomas was inactive for five of the 49ers' first seven games. The word "bust" was being prematurely thrown out by some. The cornerback is showing fans why you shouldn't be quick to write off a young player.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 1, 2023 at 11:03 PM ]
This is what I was talking about earlier..

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-ambry-thomas-passed-49ers-220509245.html

He yielded an average of 33.0 yards in his final five games, according to Pro Football Focus, and appeared to be placing himself into position for a role as a long-term starter.

But Thomas dropped out of the starting lineup in the offseason when the 49ers signed Charvarius Ward as a free agent to go along with Emmanuel Moseley.

Then, Deommodore Lenoir and rookie Sam Womack passed Thomas for playing time in the 49ers' defensive backfield.

Even with Moseley's season-ending injury, Thomas does not appear to be at the front of the line to fill a spot in the 49ers' starting lineup before veteran Jason Verrett is cleared for a full return.

"He got better as the year went, but just coming back to OTAs, coming back to training camp, other guys have passed him up and he's still working hard to get back," 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said of Thomas.

This is what I was talking about earlier..

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-ambry-thomas-passed-49ers-220509245.html

He yielded an average of 33.0 yards in his final five games, according to Pro Football Focus, and appeared to be placing himself into position for a role as a long-term starter.

But Thomas dropped out of the starting lineup in the offseason when the 49ers signed Charvarius Ward as a free agent to go along with Emmanuel Moseley.

Then, Deommodore Lenoir and rookie Sam Womack passed Thomas for playing time in the 49ers' defensive backfield.

Even with Moseley's season-ending injury, Thomas does not appear to be at the front of the line to fill a spot in the 49ers' starting lineup before veteran Jason Verrett is cleared for a full return.

"He got better as the year went, but just coming back to OTAs, coming back to training camp, other guys have passed him up and he's still working hard to get back," 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said of Thomas.

I guess Lenoir is better in run support?
Has anyone confirmed that this guy actually didn't disappear into the Bermuda Triangle or something?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Has anyone confirmed that this guy actually didn't disappear into the Bermuda Triangle or something?

He was injured in the last couple of weeks.
  • thl408

I remember Lynch saying that Ambry was an Adam Peters pick. Almost as if to absolve Lynch from any blame. Looking kind of busty.
Originally posted by thl408:

I remember Lynch saying that Ambry was an Adam Peters pick. Almost as if to absolve Lynch from any blame. Looking kind of busty.

Ambry barely plays and gets his ankle injured every other week it seems lol
Share 49ersWebzone