LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

RB Trey Sermon

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I dont think Sermon is a bust at all. He's just not a blazer which shouldnt be held against him. Plenty of good backs arent super fast. He is in whatver doghouse Aiyuk is in and not being maximized.

31 carries - 135 yards - 1 td, 4.4 ypc

Whats the problem?

Shanahan putting the entire team in the dog house

I'm not even sure where all these DOG HOUSE MEMBERSHIP are coming from?

What have each one done?
He'll get playtime. Shanahan just needs to get Mitchell injured first.
You drafted him for games like last night. You either play him or you should have never drafted him. Which is the bigger mistake. Shanahan is making a lot of them and should be on a short leash.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
You drafted him for games like last night. You either play him or you should have never drafted him. Which is the bigger mistake. Shanahan is making a lot of them and should be on a short leash.

Yeah it's either on Shanny for not playing them or Lynch for taking the wrong guys. I think it's on Lynch in regards to all of our picks outside of Hufanga, Moore and Mitchell and have said so since the draft. It is insane how quick that take has come to fruition
I dont think Sermon is a bust at all. He's just not a blazer which shouldnt be held against him. Plenty of good backs arent super fast. He is in whatver doghouse Aiyuk is in and not being maximized.

31 carries - 135 yards - 1 td, 4.4 ypc

Whats the problem?

So lets trade him to a team where he is a better fit then. Lets try to get something back in return that will help the team. I know Mostert is out, but when Wilson comes back, Sermon will be inactive on Sundays.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Yeah it's either on Shanny for not playing them or Lynch for taking the wrong guys. I think it's on Lynch in regards to all of our picks outside of Hufanga, Moore and Mitchell and have said so since the draft. It is insane how quick that take has come to fruition

Don't let Shanahan off too easy. I think he has a lot of say in the Draft. Remember he hired Lynch.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Don't let Shanahan off too easy. I think he has a lot of say in the Draft. Remember he hired Lynch.

Oh no doubt. I agree.
Sermon looked fine vs Green Bay the one game where he was featured. I think Sermon just has a different running style than what Kyle wants (not fast enough for outside zone) which makes it their fault for drafting him. Shanny is stubborn. Thats something Ive come to grips with. These guys all have strengths and skills but I dont believe Shanny is good at maximizing them. Its his way or nothing
Sermon looked fine vs Green Bay the one game where he was featured. I think Sermon just has a different running style than what Kyle wants (not fast enough for outside zone) which makes it their fault for drafting him. Shanny is stubborn. Thats something Ive come to grips with. These guys all have strengths and skills but I dont believe Shanny is good at maximizing them. Its his way or nothing

And last night was a perfect night to pound them with Sermon and burn them with Mitchell. Shanahan is obviously no genius. Moron maybe. The two Rookie DBs could not have been any worse than what was on the field.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

And last night was a perfect night to pound them with Sermon and burn them with Mitchell. Shanahan is obviously no genius. Moron maybe. The two Rookie DBs could not have been any worse than what was on the field.

The kids would have put up more of a fight than Kirkpatrick on that TD whiff.

• Idris
  • Veteran

he'd do well with harbaugh.
Originally posted by jcs:

Yep. No Effort.
Originally posted by jcs:

Yep. No Effort.

I couldnt believe Kirkpatrick didnt even jump on that play. He basically froze....moment was too big for him I guess.
Sermon not fast enough? Shanahan made Alfred Morris look like an absolute stud with outside zone! He ran a 4.7 40!! Sermon is a stud in the form of Todd Gurley! Play him! He can't be worse than hasty!
Sermon isn't a bust. Like a lot of our rookies he's holding water bottles.
Share 49ersWebzone