LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

RB Trey Sermon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
There are a few of his runs that look extremely Gore like. His toughness, balance through contact, and vision look very much like a young Frank Gore during his Miami years.

Trey runs much higher than Frank does...gore has some of the best pad level running ever at RB.

Not seeing it at all, but whatevs all good
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I really like that Arian Foster comp that you and I think Hero threw out there. Totally see it. Sermons contact balance is the best of this draft class by far. Him in this offense is a ridiculous good fit and I can't wait to see it, wouldn't shock me if he turns out the best of this draft class. Najee in Pitt is a damn good fit too though

Foster is the best comp imo even though Sermon is more powerful and Foster is a better pass catching back. I think Sermon can be a 3 down back with opportunities. I love how he has the Arian Foster td celebration too
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
There are a few of his runs that look extremely Gore like. His toughness, balance through contact, and vision look very much like a young Frank Gore during his Miami years.

Trey runs much higher than Frank does...gore has some of the best pad level running ever at RB.

Not seeing it at all, but whatevs all good

Perfect example is the run that actually broke the Big 10 record, that is a vintage Gore style rumble.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kareem Hunt is not his ceiling, it's his floor!
Frank Gore is his ceiling

He doesn't run like Gore at all IMO

Javontae Williams reminds me of Gore

Serman cuts like Gore and bursts through a hole like Gore, but runs more upright than Gore.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Kareem Hunt is not his ceiling, it's his floor!
Frank Gore is his ceiling

He doesn't run like Gore at all IMO

Javontae Williams reminds me of Gore

Serman cuts like Gore and bursts through a hole like Gore, but runs more upright than Gore.

The ability to make the cut while not losing speed is Gore-like. But his style reminds me of an explosive Chris Brown from colorado. Both ran upright with amazing balance, not losing speed on cuts but where Brown was lumbering with a long stride, Sermon has explosion.

Edit: CHris Brown not johnson
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on May 9, 2021 at 12:47 PM ]
Not really seeing the Foster or Gore comparisons. His speed is much better than there's. I see a strong resemblance to Mostert with his acceleration and burst through the hole. I think Sermon has elite level balance and he's so slippery in traffic. He's elusive, yet has the ability to go through DBs. Gore had that too, just without the same level of speed.

Everyone knocked Sermon for his speed during the draft process. That's a big reason he fell a little. Injuries contributed a little as well, but Sermon's game speed is up there with anyone's. His style is perfect for our system.
Originally posted by strickac:
Not really seeing the Foster or Gore comparisons. His speed is much better than there's. I see a strong resemblance to Mostert with his acceleration and burst through the hole. I think Sermon has elite level balance and he's so slippery in traffic. He's elusive, yet has the ability to go through DBs. Gore had that too, just without the same level of speed.

Everyone knocked Sermon for his speed during the draft process. That's a big reason he fell a little. Injuries contributed a little as well, but Sermon's game speed is up there with anyone's. His style is perfect for our system.
his speed/burst is nowhere close to Mostert. Foster and Hunt are better comps imo. Balance/footwork are right on par with those two.

his speed/burst is nowhere close to Mostert. Foster and Hunt are better comps imo. Balance/footwork are right on par with those two.

What's Mostert's 10 yard?
Mostert? Gore? Hyde? Foster?
Damn those are some bad comps.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 9, 2021 at 5:08 PM ]

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Mostert? Gore? Hyde? Foster?
Damn those are some bad comps.

Foster and hunt actually make a ton of sense...Foster wasn't even drafted and Hunt was a 3rd rd pick. Both are around the same size, same speed. Both have amazing feet great contact balance. Good vision. Sermon like Hunt and Foster have great movement skills...can stop go real quick.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM ]

His burst rivals Mostert IMO. Foster didn't have the explosion of Sermon. Hunt, I can see that one.

His burst rivals Mostert IMO. Foster didn't have the explosion of Sermon. Hunt, I can see that one.

we will see.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

What's Mostert's 10 yard?

Mostert and Sermon both had a 1.49 10 yard split at their pro day.
Share 49ersWebzone