LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Time to start him over Brunskill. Trade Trent Williams for the best pick you can get and start Jaylon Moore. Time to figure out what we got in this draft class.

Didn't you see the game last week. I know it was only one game but the O line was great. Opening holes for the backs. Pass blocking was the best it's been in a long time.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Deebo:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
For those claiming we reached for Banks, Mel Kiper had him in the 2nd round...

Mel Kiper lol

On Jamarcus Russell:

"Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top 5 quarterbacks in the league."

Well to be fair, there was talent. Just no work ethic. At all.

As for Banks, no one thought at the time we drafted him he wouldn't start. So that should give hope. Talent is there. Its irritating tough. Half a year of being inactive for a 2nd round pick? Our 2nd and 3rd round picks needed to be immediate or soon to be starters and we got a Garnett and Prince Charles Iworah out of the picks.

Uh when we selected a guard in the 2nd round and RG being the weakest point of our offensive line I think most people expected him to start.

Three years in and some people are still expecting Hurd to start.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Time to start him over Brunskill. Trade Trent Williams for the best pick you can get and start Jaylon Moore. Time to figure out what we got in this draft class.

Didn't you see the game last week. I know it was only one game but the O line was great. Opening holes for the backs. Pass blocking was the best it's been in a long time.
I posted that prior to the Bears game.

I posted that prior to the Bears game.

I mean it was the Bears.
Who?

Mel Kiper lol

On Jamarcus Russell:

"Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top 5 quarterbacks in the league."

As for Banks, no one thought at the time we drafted him he wouldn't start. So that should give hope. Talent is there. Its irritating tough. Half a year of being inactive for a 2nd round pick? Our 2nd and 3rd round picks needed to be immediate or soon to be starters and we got a Garnett and Prince Charles Iworah out of the picks.

Uh when we selected a guard in the 2nd round and RG being the weakest point of our offensive line I think most people expected him to start.

Maybe I had too many negatives in there. I'm saying we all thought he would start. No one thought he wouldn't be starting.

Mel Kiper lol

On Jamarcus Russell:

Three years in and some people are still expecting Hurd to start.

Technically his ass should be. This is AJ Jenkins level stuff, except AJ was healthy and only got one year. This guy is pushing 3.
I never want to see Compton at tackle or even on this team again. Move DB over and start banks at RG.
Banks played great today. So did Lance, Sermon, and Ambry Thomas.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I never want to see Compton at tackle or even on this team again. Move DB over and start banks at RG.

This. I don't know why this team keeps bringing Compton in. The dude sucks. The right side was already getting manhandled last night. For all of that you might as well let your rookie get his snaps in.

Why hasn't this guy played?
I mean sure Azeez Ojulari has 5.5 sacks and Asante Samuel has 2 INTs but Banks hasn't given up a single pressure or sack this year.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Why hasn't this guy played?

Don't worry, John lunch says he will be a big part of our 2027 successes
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This. I don't know why this team keeps bringing Compton in. The dude sucks. The right side was already getting manhandled last night. For all of that you might as well let your rookie get his snaps in.

he's a more natural G than a Tackle. I was shocked they didn't move Brunskill over too. Remember guys we have McKivitz too who can play RG and RT.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Kid needs to see snaps. Even if he sucks out there at least he gets game time to improve because Brunskill has only gotten worse the longer he's played.
Share 49ersWebzone