There are 190 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I can envision a OLine like this in the future.

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

6th OL(Do it all OL): Daniel Brunskill
7th OL(T/G): Colton McKivitz

Draft another OL next year, decide on whether they view Brunskill as the future C, if not, draft someone next year.

This is our starting OL in the future with a good rookie C or 2nd year C ready to takeover for Mack. Laken will unfortunately be supplanted by Moore but we need better pass pro and a fraction of the price

I wonder if we're undervaluing McKivitz. Not sure Moore has an edge on him yet.

I agree with AB but once camp starts...we'll know. Moore , not surprisingly , also has good feet. Our boys, KS/JL know what to look for . Size, strength,
smarts, quick feet. No way "take it-to-the-banks" doesn't start.

The bigger question is Moore able to unseat Laken who is up for FA next yr. That contest will be interesting. At worst Moore is the 6th starting OL, and Brun can play all 3 slots and then McKivitz (who i don't know that much about still).
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

Draft another OL next year, decide on whether they view Brunskill as the future C, if not, draft someone next year.

This is our starting OL in the future with a good rookie C or 2nd year C ready to takeover for Mack. Laken will unfortunately be supplanted by Moore but we need better pass pro and a fraction of the price

I agree with AB but once camp starts...we'll know. Moore , not surprisingly , also has good feet. Our boys, KS/JL know what to look for . Size, strength,

The bigger question is Moore able to unseat Laken who is up for FA next yr. That contest will be interesting. At worst Moore is the 6th starting OL, and Brun can play all 3 slots and then McKivitz (who i don't know that much about still).

I could see them sliding Moore out to tackle as well. He's athletic and has quick enough feet to play on the outside. He could make the team as the swing tackle.

I see Banks as Tomlinson's biggest competition. If anyone is unseating Tomlinson it's Banks. The other IOL can then fight it out for RG. Moore may be in that mix and that wouldn't be until next year anyways.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

I could see them sliding Moore out to tackle as well. He's athletic and has quick enough feet to play on the outside. He could make the team as the swing tackle.

I see Banks as Tomlinson's biggest competition. If anyone is unseating Tomlinson it's Banks. The other IOL can then fight it out for RG. Moore may be in that mix and that wouldn't be until next year anyways.

Trent Williams and Banks starting next to each other would be like Shell and Upshaw, owning the left side.
[ Edited by eastie on May 14, 2021 at 4:42 PM ]

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

It could be that way, but RG is broken and Laken does ok..,.and will do better with Mack at C rather than one of many who attempted to play C . At RG we got nada. Brun could start but we need that swing OL and Brun an play all 3 slots. So i think Banks is for certain going to RG and starting. Then the question is can Moore unseat Laken who is up for FA next yr (bigger paycheck) . It is really hard to say how Laken has played because of the continuous swinging gate at C. With Mack there, i think laken kicks it up a notch and plays way better. Can Moore outplay him this yr? IDK but that is the OL slot i am watching. Brun is a starter wherever you put him which is unbelievable for a guy with that talent. After that i think Mckivitz, but honestly don't know the remaining others that well. Wtih Moore i believe we have 6 starting OLs this yr, PLUS Brun which makes us about 1000% better at OL this yr than last.
Im starting to think Banks might be the bomb. With shannahans run game- from what Ive watched- it's been mobile tackles stretching the field and allowing a rb to find a hole and then just plant a foot and bamn up the field we go. With no regard to guard play at all.

But this guy makes it to the 2nd level easily after a chip block and just seals people off. Linebackers are not 240 ilbs anymore- they're literally just strong safeties- and this dude just has to stand in front of them once he as at the 2nd level and here is our inside lane.

Im interested to see how our run game does next year.

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

It could be that way, but RG is broken and Laken does ok..,.and will do better with Mack at C rather than one of many who attempted to play C . At RG we got nada. Brun could start but we need that swing OL and Brun an play all 3 slots. So i think Banks is for certain going to RG and starting. Then the question is can Moore unseat Laken who is up for FA next yr (bigger paycheck) . It is really hard to say how Laken has played because of the continuous swinging gate at C. With Mack there, i think laken kicks it up a notch and plays way better. Can Moore outplay him this yr? IDK but that is the OL slot i am watching. Brun is a starter wherever you put him which is unbelievable for a guy with that talent. After that i think Mckivitz, but honestly don't know the remaining others that well. Wtih Moore i believe we have 6 starting OLs this yr, PLUS Brun which makes us about 1000% better at OL this yr than last.

I think you're overvaluing Moore a little too much. He was a fifth round pick for a reason. He's not going to unseat Tomlinson, who most likely stays at LG. Banks will probably start at RG this year and slide over to LG next year. That's what I was trying to say. Moore is not Tomlinson's competition.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

I think you're overvaluing Moore a little too much. He was a fifth round pick for a reason. He's not going to unseat Tomlinson, who most likely stays at LG. Banks will probably start at RG this year and slide over to LG next year. That's what I was trying to say. Moore is not Tomlinson's competition.

Can't wait til this kid (McKivitz) and Moore go against KINLAW.. it'll just be like BATTLE OF THE TITANS...
Our Oline...

LT- Trent Williams
LG- Jaylon Moore
C- Alex Mack
RG- Aaron Banks
RT- Mike McGlinchey

Could be but Kittle in rd 5 ? The "Commodore" in rd 5? Moore in Rd 5? Note i did say compete with Laken but really i was thinking more about next yr when Laken could ask for big $$$....at that point yes, i think Moore would start. Really tho, let's wait , see him on the field, and then compare. You have probably seen it but if not, check out Moore's film and look at his feet. He has great feet , much like Banks. It will be whoever is best starts. But Moore is right there with Brun , really as 6th and 7th starters. McKivitz...just don't know enough about him still.

As bad as our OL looked last yr, (after injuries), it looks now as GOOD as it was bad...that is... both were exceptional.

Talking about competition....i can't wait for Kin to go up against Gutierrez. That WILL be interesting.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 15, 2021 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Peters said the 49ers became more convinced they should target Banks the more they studied him. Offensive line coach Chris Foerster has a good relationship with Notre Dame's former offensive line coach. The university also reported that Banks' so-called "squat-peak power" — which measures how forcefully Banks could ascend from a squat lift — was in the "rare" classification.

The 49ers also consulted their own research and development department, which conducts advanced analytics on the draft prospects. That group put Banks in the 93rd percentile when it came to pass blocking on play-action snaps, something the 49ers use often.

Peters also watched Banks in person at Notre Dame's pro day on March 31. He had been 338 pounds two months earlier at the Senior Bowl. He dropped to 325 at the pro day.

"At the pro day, you saw the real quickness," Peters said. "So for someone that big to be that quick — is he as quick as a (former Stanford and current Falcons center) Drew Dalman? No, probably not. But if you combine a guy who's that big and has good enough feet like he has. And even if he's not as quick as he needs to be, he's so big that if he gets on a guy it's really hard to get around him."

Great find NY. That 93rd percentile on play action passes is probably the most valuable asset an OL can have for our team. NC is pleased and I'm ecstatic

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Our Oline...

One of those is more like a dancing piñata
Our Oline...

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Peters said the 49ers became more convinced they should target Banks the more they studied him. Offensive line coach Chris Foerster has a good relationship with Notre Dame's former offensive line coach. The university also reported that Banks' so-called "squat-peak power" — which measures how forcefully Banks could ascend from a squat lift — was in the "rare" classification.

The 49ers also consulted their own research and development department, which conducts advanced analytics on the draft prospects. That group put Banks in the 93rd percentile when it came to pass blocking on play-action snaps, something the 49ers use often.

Peters also watched Banks in person at Notre Dame's pro day on March 31. He had been 338 pounds two months earlier at the Senior Bowl. He dropped to 325 at the pro day.

"At the pro day, you saw the real quickness," Peters said. "So for someone that big to be that quick — is he as quick as a (former Stanford and current Falcons center) Drew Dalman? No, probably not. But if you combine a guy who's that big and has good enough feet like he has. And even if he's not as quick as he needs to be, he's so big that if he gets on a guy it's really hard to get around him."

Great find NY. That 93rd percentile on play action passes is probably the most valuable asset an OL can have for our team. NC is pleased and I'm ecstatic

Great info there
Just for the bump . . .

Our Oline...

Share 49ersWebzone