LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Big props to Brunskill for stepping in and playing very well. But I hope we don't lose this big guy. Him next to T.Williams will be needed in the playoffs.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Big props to Brunskill for stepping in and playing very well. But I hope we don't lose this big guy. Him next to T.Williams will be needed in the playoffs.

I hope we don't lose him too. He's played well and he's needed. We need good players to not be injured.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Hope this fella is ok
The fact that he was riding the bike and standing on the sideline with his helmet on gives me hope that the injury isn't long term
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jan 2, 2023 at 7:49 AM ]
MCL sprain is the rumor right now

1-3 weeks is the "good" news range depending on severity

Dude, how deep is this team that Banks goes down, whose played at a high level all season, and we have dude like Brunskill to fill in when Banks goes down.

Banks has had an awesome season. I hope he comes back soon.
Nowvwe have to keep burford in. 30 or 40 pff.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Dude, how deep is this team that Banks goes down, whose played at a high level all season, and we have dude like Brunskill to fill in when Banks goes down.

We need Banks back! He has been solid all season!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Nowvwe have to keep burford in. 30 or 40 pff.

Right. That's the big issue. Hope Burford is ready for full time action

Now the decision for Burford/Brunskill platooning at Right Guard all season makes sense.
Brunskill has seemingly been more consistent, so they could've easily had him start at RG. But instead, they rotated them in and out, and Burford was able to get experience. Now, Brunskill just slides over to the Left Guard position and we should be okay.

If Brunskill had gotten 100% of the snaps all year, Burford would've had to come late into the lineup late in the season during the playoff push as an inexperienced rookie. Instead, this should only be a slight hiccup, and we hope Banks can come back sooner than later.

Originally posted by Wubbie:

Now the decision for Burford/Brunskill platooning at Right Guard all season makes sense.
Brunskill has seemingly been more consistent, so they could've easily had him start at RG. But instead, they rotated them in and out, and Burford was able to get experience. Now, Brunskill just slides over to the Left Guard position and we should be okay.

If Brunskill had gotten 100% of the snaps all year, Burford would've had to come late into the lineup late in the season during the playoff push as an inexperienced rookie. Instead, this should only be a slight hiccup, and we hope Banks can come back sooner than later.

Remeber Brunskill was battling for the center spot with Brendal early in camp while Burford had soliidfied the RG spot in camp and pre season. Then Brunskill got hurt so there was no way for him to get 100% of the snaps. He missed the 1st 3 games of the season. The rotation started after the Falcons game to help Burford come along.
Hopefully it's not a significant injury and allows him to be back in 2-3 weeks. That's probably extreme wishful thinking, though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Let's hope.
Get the top seed and he will be back for the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone