LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Not gonna lie, I was afraid Banks would be Josh Garnett level bust. Being a 2nd round guard, I would hope he isn't a player that is just 'solid', but a player considered as one of the better guards in the league. I don't think he's been whooped in pass pro on any play this season. Very nice showing by Banks early in his career.

I wasn't. He had a pass blocking pedigree and even though he didn't fit the mold of Kyle's usual O-lineman I thought it represented a shift of Kyle prioritizing pass protection. Glad they took the risk and happy its paying off. Been supporting Banks all along. Also, Kyle said he didn't want to disrupt the continuity of the O-line last year since he felt Banks was ready then. Just get us a RT and C. Things are looking up.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by thl408:
Not gonna lie, I was afraid Banks would be Josh Garnett level bust. Being a 2nd round guard, I would hope he isn't a player that is just 'solid', but a player considered as one of the better guards in the league. I don't think he's been whooped in pass pro on any play this season. Very nice showing by Banks early in his career.

I wasn't. He had a pass blocking pedigree and even though he didn't fit the mold of Kyle's usual O-lineman I thought it represented a shift of Kyle prioritizing pass protection. Glad they took the risk and happy its paying off. Been supporting Banks all along. Also, Kyle said he didn't want to disrupt the continuity of the O-line last year since he felt Banks was ready then. Just get us a RT and C. Things are looking up.

Even in preseason last year when people were sh*tting all over him, you could tell it was mental for allot of it. When he actually got his hands on someone he excelled, he just never knew who he was supposed to get hands on lol.

He's really put the effort in, not only with his body but most importantly with his mind. He seems to be making the correct pass offs and assignment sound.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Even in preseason last year when people were sh*tting all over him, you could tell it was mental for allot of it. When he actually got his hands on someone he excelled, he just never knew who he was supposed to get hands on lol.

He's really put the effort in, not only with his body but most importantly with his mind. He seems to be making the correct pass offs and assignment sound.

This kinda explains Burford at the moment. Once he gets his head wrapped around the playbook he will be one of the good ones.
Banks has been so solid that I haven't even thought about losing Tomlinson. Looks like another draft win for this admin.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Banks has been so solid that I haven't even thought about losing Tomlinson. Looks like another draft win for this admin.

impressive turn around for him
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

impressive turn around for him

ALL he needed was playing time... there are just some players who sucked in practice but come game time, a totally different breed !!

HE LEARNIN !! HE LEARNIN !!!
Great to see Big Aaron getting better every game!! Making Hayward proud!
Google dancing bear for good quality highlights from him.
pff grading at 62, brendel 49, burford 51
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 12, 2022 at 1:53 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
pff grading at 62, brendel 49, burford 51

Is that good??

I like Banks... some guys need that year 1 redshirt.. there's no problem with that
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I like Banks... some guys need that year 1 redshirt.. there's no problem with that
I like how New England always starts the season slow with OL, then they gel by game 6 or 7. It takes time. They need to play these players to get them experience. Very pleased they are playing Burford and having Brunskill rotate in or be first one in off bench. Call me crazy but if the cap hit not too high I say extend Brunskil an Brendel.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I like how New England always starts the season slow with OL, then they gel by game 6 or 7. It takes time. They need to play these players to get them experience. Very pleased they are playing Burford and having Brunskill rotate in or be first one in off bench. Call me crazy but if the cap hit not too high I say extend Brunskil an Brendel.

Id definitely do both with the idea of Brunskill backing up multiple positions and Brendel ideally as a backup center, but starts until we have a guy ready to take over.
He looks good out there to me. Happy he's proving he can play at a high level.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Oct 12, 2022 at 10:32 AM ]

From what Shanny was saying sounds like he didn't 'need a redshirt year' but they already had Tomlinson who made more sense as the starter.
Share 49ersWebzone