There are 295 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
This cat looks like a stud at the moment
lots of haters feasting on crow atm
where is NY?

So far so good. When everyone was ripping on him I always pointed to his pass protection being a plus. Can't anchor well but he is also so damn hard to get around. Looks like we finally found 2 solid guards.

I said similar things. He came in with a rep for pass protection.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
This cat looks like a stud at the moment
lots of haters feasting on crow atm
where is NY?

I'm right here bud. I sure as s**t wasn't the only one saying he was over drafted and not a scheme fit. So trying to call out one poster is a bit silly in this thread. It was damn near the whole WZ.

I got no problem eating crow if he turns out good. Same should go for 90% of the posters in here. K thanks
So far so good. When everyone was ripping on him I always pointed to his pass protection being a plus. Can't anchor well but he is also so damn hard to get around. Looks like we finally found 2 solid guards.

Based on film for Norte Dame I never had real issues with pass-pro. My issue was his ability to react if he over set or got beat initially and getting to the second level in RBLKing. I never saw the ability to react and recover because he has slow feet. Overall he looks better there, which is great news. Rebuilding his body last season helped a lot apparently. Arrow up and happy about it
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Based on film for Norte Dame I never had real issues with pass-pro. My issue was his ability to react if he over set or got beat initially and getting to the second level in RBLKing. I never saw the ability to react and recover because he has slow feet. Overall he looks better there, which is great news. Rebuilding his body last season helped a lot apparently. Arrow up and happy about it

This is a good sign for this staff. I've been down on Foerster, but if Banks works out this will be major. We typically take good to great run blockers and couldn't care less about pass protection. The fact that we took a guy more known for his pass pro and took a year to make him a better fit for this system is huge. Hoping we can do the same next year at RT and C.
I'm right here bud. I sure as s**t wasn't the only one saying he was over drafted and not a scheme fit. So trying to call out one poster is a bit silly in this thread. It was damn near the whole WZ.

I got no problem eating crow if he turns out good. Same should go for 90% of the posters in here. K thanks

Same. If he plays consistently at a high level, i'll take back every negative thing that I've ever said about him.
Maybe one day we will learn not to judge a draft pick his first year in the league.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Maybe one day we will learn not to judge a draft pick his first year in the league.

One can hope and pray right? Way too many people, including myself, judging a player off of 1yr.

Esp. when he doesn't even play.
One can dream
I always thought Banks was a solid pick, that he would be above average at best but it looks like he has more than that in him. So far, looking good. We just need to figure out the center position and draft some young tackles to develop - we will be in good shape

I was telling people not to overreact before we got to see these guys play in the regular season but I'm also going to tell people not to overreact the other way until we face some legit DTs.

Let's be honest we haven't faced the Aaron Donalds, Chris Jones' of the world yet. Hopefully Banks and Burford keep improving and will be our guys for years to come inside..Brendel appears to be a Ben Garland like player. Hopefully it's enough but let's hope we have a future C on our roster or we make it a priority this offseason to find one.

Guess one upside about Trey's injury is the OL will have more time to get experience for when he's back
Trent Williams who???

He's improved every week hes played starting from preseason, hope he continues on this trend and becomes a pro bowler.
Originally posted by genus49:
I was telling people not to overreact before we got to see these guys play in the regular season but I'm also going to tell people not to overreact the other way until we face some legit DTs.

Let's be honest we haven't faced the Aaron Donalds, Chris Jones' of the world yet. Hopefully Banks and Burford keep improving and will be our guys for years to come inside..Brendel appears to be a Ben Garland like player. Hopefully it's enough but let's hope we have a future C on our roster or we make it a priority this offseason to find one.

Guess one upside about Trey's injury is the OL will have more time to get experience for when he's back

For sure. We're about to get them a ton more experience in pass protection. That's a good thing.

He seemed a bit slow but he's hard to get around so that kind of balanced out his deficiencies imo in pass pro. Run blocking seemed solid but his weight loss/muscle gain helped. Not to mention ANYONE who plays next to Trent Williams will look better than they really are (see Tomlinson).

I think we all wanted Samuel Jr at cb with the 2nd round pick but after trading back it seemed like a solid pick.

If we just have top 10-15 guard play Jimmy may actually do something in the playoffs

He seemed a bit slow but he's hard to get around so that kind of balanced out his deficiencies imo in pass pro. Run blocking seemed solid but his weight loss/muscle gain helped. Not to mention ANYONE who plays next to Trent Williams will look better than they really are (see Tomlinson).

I think we all wanted Samuel Jr at cb with the 2nd round pick but after trading back it seemed like a solid pick.

If we just have top 10-15 guard play Jimmy may actually do something in the playoffs

Samuel would have been a great pick, but Banks has looked good, plus we got Ward now, so it all worked out, so far, let's hope it stays that way.
Share 49ersWebzone