LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Lynch and shanahan trolled everyone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Jed was wise in not hiring Michael Lombardi as GM in 2011. Him and Harbaugh on the same team with their big mouths and egos?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Jed was wise in not hiring Michael Lombardi as GM in 2011. Him and Harbaugh on the same team with their big mouths and egos?

Meh...it's not like Baalke and Harbaugh were some picture perfect marriage

Speaking of mr.inflated ego how about that Jags draft? Can't believe that idiot is still picking players with ACL issues
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hmmmm....

Perhaps this?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Meh...it's not like Baalke and Harbaugh were some picture perfect marriage

Speaking of mr.inflated ego how about that Jags draft? Can't believe that idiot is still picking players with ACL issues

Still better than Lombardi & Harbaugh. Lombardi has no track record of picking good players (assembling a talented roster). Unless you count that time he was with the 49ers almost 35 years ago under Walsh.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
What if the real reason Shanalynch didn't dispell the Jones rumors was because "f**k Saban" over the Rueben Foster lies.
Well, i think it wasn't lies so much as OMISSSIONS, the things he DiDN"T say. But you may very well be right. It was interesting how on Mac's pro day, we never saw kyle nor John anywhere near Saban . He may not have been there but our guys kept their distance, and rightly so.

Here's another thot: maybe it wasn't that KS/JL didn't want to dispel the rumor of Mac being the choice, it was more that they were giving the league a lesson in how to carry out a draft. And the GM on TV touting himself and his picks and HC doing the same....all they were doing is keeping their BUSINESS private, just like anyone would if they were selling or buying something. Watching Big Jer in DAL day after day announce they were going for the top CB in draft and then NYG jump one pick ahead of them and snag Surtain, who was their target. Across the country , Baalke was doing essentially the same thing anytime he got even remotely near a microphone or camera.
my take away was JL/KS were just showing the league's GM/HCs how to practice "Silence is Golden" during draft.
I think a lot bridges were burned. Expect the "insider experts" to start talking disparagingly about us. I could care less tho lol
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hmmmm....

Perhaps this?

pretty much
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I think a lot bridges were burned. Expect the "insider experts" to start talking disparagingly about us. I could care less tho lol

East coast media bias- to me, means there were no bridges in the first place.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Lombardi was on record saying he would've traded for Brian Hoyer as his guy at QB in 2011.

We dodged a giant bullet not hiring him.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 8, 2021 at 11:10 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone