LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

Lynch and shanahan trolled everyone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigdawg49:
And I loved every minute of it. All the snakes in the media thought they knew who the niners were talking and boy oh boy they were all proven wrong. It feels sooooo good that they got exposed for the snakes that they are. The fact Mac Jones was never even being considered white everybody in the media were claiming otherwise just satisfied me. Shanahan and lynch are the best gm head coach combo in the league just for that.

Shanahan and Lynch didnt do anything, lmao. you got played by social media. period.
The media smokescreened itself
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The press conference was hilarious looking back. I can only imagine how funny that was to them. They did a good job keeping poker faces.

If you went into the press conference thinking Jones was the pick they didn't say anything to make you think any differently. But everybody was all "its clear as day its Jones." They never ever said that though. They didn't have to. The bias was already too strong.

They didn't even really troll. They just didn't say anything. Everybody played themselves.
They did mix in a little trolling late in the process:

"If you were excited about getting one of these [quarterbacks] at 12, you should be excited about getting one at three," Kyle Shanahan said.

The only guy legitimately mentioned @ 12 was Jones.

Spooked the hell out of many... And I don't blame him for having a little fun.
Such a contrast to the Balke era when they leaked like a boat made of window screen.
Originally posted by Antix:
The press conference was hilarious looking back. I can only imagine how funny that was to them. They did a good job keeping poker faces.

If you went into the press conference thinking Jones was the pick they didn't say anything to make you think any differently. But everybody was all "its clear as day its Jones." They never ever said that though. They didn't have to. The bias was already too strong.

They didn't even really troll. They just didn't say anything. Everybody played themselves.

I'm not going to lie, they completely duped me. I thought for sure it was Mac Jones.
I think Kyle going over the top with his "alive" comment and not letting fans dictate decisions was speaking to Jones directly, and by acting like "I want to pick Jones regardless of what you people think" without saying his name made me think it couldn't be Jones.

And I gotta say the media s**t was tiring AF. Non 49er fans were convinced Jones would be picked. My WFT friend was convinced as well and I consider him to be a very savvy football guy.

So after Lego Man wasn't picked I texted him "hahahaha" (he still hasn't learned to trust a niner super fan on all things Niner.....like Alex Smith playing football again).

Then I kept telling him Jones to the WFT throughout the night, hahahah.
  • dj43
I loved watching Rich Eisen and the NFLN crew sitting there with nothing to fill time with waiting for the pick to be announced. At least they were honest in admitting they had no clue.

Kudos to John Lynch for setting the tone early that leaking information would not be tolerated. He even made it a condition of his employment here that Jed had to demonstrate the ability to control the office.
Ummmm , there were plenty of people in Mac Jones thread not falling for it .
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Apr 30, 2021 at 9:21 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
No they didn't. This was media driven nonsense. People use the word smokescreen and there is zero logic in that idea.

Kyle and Lynch didn't do anything. Didn't imply anything. Didn't say anything. Didn't deny anything.

All of this. It was a repeat of 2016 when the Chargers intended to draft Joey Bosa all along but sat back and let the draft media run wild, slotting basically everyone but Bosa to them. They never said a word, just let it go all the way up until the draft.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

PERSONALLY, I thought that hey had MAC all along but just fell in love with Lance after meeting him in person..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

PERSONALLY, I thought that hey had MAC all along but just fell in love with Lance after meeting him in person..

Lynch revealed that Shanahan was obsessed with Lance in late January. Sent him game films of Lance. They basically decided to go for him and tried to trade up - starting in Feb.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Lynch revealed that Shanahan was obsessed with Lance in late January. Sent him game films of Lance. They basically decided to go for him and tried to trade up - starting in Feb.

Dude, that's almost like then Charlotte Hornets GM telling everyone that he was going to draft ALONZO MOURNING over SHAQ all along...

want a LATTE ???
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by bigdawg49:
And I loved every minute of it. All the snakes in the media thought they knew who the niners were talking and boy oh boy they were all proven wrong. It feels sooooo good that they got exposed for the snakes that they are. The fact Mac Jones was never even being considered white everybody in the media were claiming otherwise just satisfied me. Shanahan and lynch are the best gm head coach combo in the league just for that.

Shanahan and Lynch didnt do anything, lmao. you got played by social media. period.

^ correct
All the fans ready to jump ship...
Saying Shanny should be fired...
Shanny's ego was bigger than any other factor...
Feeling like the Niners would be ruined....

The internet is a curious entity.
Share 49ersWebzone