LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
The more this season progresses, the more I start to think that it will be tough for lance to be worse (not better) than Jimmy next year.

I like Jimmy a lot, but mainly because I remember the Troy Smiths and the (you name the s**t QBs).

BUT…. Jimmy hasn't done a lot this year that made me think "man, only elite QBs can do that". Jimmy has decent/good stats, a few good throws per game, and is a f**king legend of a teammate…. But at the end of the day when teams load the box and dare him to take the top off, the offense suffers a bit.

Why do I think it will be hard for Trey to do worse? Because I think Kyle can dial up the same wide open receivers he does for jimmy, and because I think defenses will not attempt to load the box (aka play 1v1 across the board) against Trey as much as they do Jimmy. Simply put, I think trey will play softer defensive schemes than Jimmy does… at least until/unless he proves himself a bad QB.

Imagine Jimmy having half of Treys athleticism last night against the Hawks…. How many bootleg 20+ yard runs would he have popped off.

Fingers crossed

ps, I'd happily take a decade with jimmy as our QB. An average QB is tough to find in this league, and jimmy is much better than average.

Much better than average? Really?????????Just start watching football??? Wow. Jimmy is like a career 90-92 qbr. Good qb's are 100+. Great qb's 110+. WTF. Are you Kyle??

Sorta dense? You'd have to be to key in on that part of my post 🤣🤣
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM ]
The more this season progresses, the more I start to think that it will be tough for lance to be worse (not better) than Jimmy next year.

I like Jimmy a lot, but mainly because I remember the Troy Smiths and the (you name the s**t QBs).

BUT…. Jimmy hasn't done a lot this year that made me think "man, only elite QBs can do that". Jimmy has decent/good stats, a few good throws per game, and is a f**king legend of a teammate…. But at the end of the day when teams load the box and dare him to take the top off, the offense suffers a bit.

Why do I think it will be hard for Trey to do worse? Because I think Kyle can dial up the same wide open receivers he does for jimmy, and because I think defenses will not attempt to load the box (aka play 1v1 across the board) against Trey as much as they do Jimmy. Simply put, I think trey will play softer defensive schemes than Jimmy does… at least until/unless he proves himself a bad QB.

Imagine Jimmy having half of Treys athleticism last night against the Hawks…. How many bootleg 20+ yard runs would he have popped off.

Fingers crossed

ps, I'd happily take a decade with jimmy as our QB. An average QB is tough to find in this league, and jimmy is much better than average.

Much better than average? Really?????????Just start watching football??? Wow. Jimmy is like a career 90-92 qbr. Good qb's are 100+. Great qb's 110+. WTF. Are you Kyle??

Good analysis but you lost me at jimmy is better than average.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
https://www.outsports.com/2021/12/3/22812831/trey-lance-my-cause-cleats-gay-fellowship-of-christian-athletes

JMO: "Maybe it's going over my head... forgive me if I missed something critical in the article and feel free to correct me on my oversight. I believe everyone has the right to live their life however they choose as long as it's not hurting someone else or imposing on someone else's freedoms. Having said that... this is a Christian organization that's founded on spiritual/religious beliefs. I have been to many churches and none of them believed in or supported same sex relationships. And, none of them would allow you to be the pastor if you didn't actually believe in the the principles that they are founded on. Period. How is this any different. I'm not gay but if I held a leadership position in my church, I would be relieved of it if I was found to be having sex before marriage. They would say I wasn't fit to lead because I'm living in sin. I can understand someone being offended because the life they live on a day to day basis is deemed as sinful and wrong, but then why isn't this a condemnation for like 85 to 90 percent of Christian churches? Why is the focus on FCA? How is it different? If the answer is because it isn't technically a church, then we're just splitting hairs... the title says it all. It's a Christian Organization based on it's religious beliefs. I wouldn't expect to be a leader in a vegan/animal rights based organization if I still ate meat. I don't see the issue. "

Christ...we're arguing about this again?
Omg, leave the kid alone. He has a right to support a group that helped him growing up. He meant no offense to anyone.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Fingers crossed

I appreciate your opinion and respectfully disagree 👍🏻👍🏻. It's difficult to be objective, but I try.

let's look at average from this perspective…. The average 49er QB going all the way back to Joe Montana…. How many have we had? How many are better than Jimmy G?

Statistically speaking, we are going to see a decline in QB play once Jimmy leaves.

The blind dislike some of you have to Jimmy is only a testament to your shortsightedness, not his poor performance. I get it though…. Fandom is real. We all want the best, me included.

back to my point though, I'm excited to see what Kyle can do with Trey next year 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻. All optimism over here.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 6, 2021 at 11:24 AM ]
this game highlighted exactly why Trey will be starting QB in 2022and it's not just JG"s poor play.

It is the lack of respect JG (and as a result his team) gets compared to other more "marketable" stars. guarantee if that same exact obvious PI call happened the other way, the seachickens would get the call based on who their QB is. Midget has been s**t this year but got tons of BS calls to go his way and a bunch of obvious holdings by his s**t oline ignored the entire game. media will be all over his nuts saying he is back completely ignoring obvious biased refereeing because in their minds he is a "star" that can do no wrong. never in my life have i heard of a f**king QB throwing a game losing interception in the biggest game of the year yet the f**king head coach/offensive coordinator gets the blame LMFAO. Unfortunately, media narratives about QBs end up affecting refs (with likely additional help from Goodell). Same with mahomes who had one of the worst super bowl performances in the history of the sport for someone who already proclaims himself as the GOAT (0 TDs is pathetic no matter who is in your oline). Mr. DIscount doublecheck man he gets the insane amount of praise every year after blowing nearly never NFC championship game (Free TD run on the 3rd and goal and mr. anti-vaxx throws a ball into double coverage last year LMFAO).

Best thing is Lance totally looks the part of the next big star with how he looks and talks. Combine that with his ability to make any throw (huge media/ref biased favoring long passes). He will need to win a few games with great passing stats, etc to get there but I'm confident he will achieve this at some point next year.

I'd love to see him get a few series a game here and there just to keep opposing defenses on their toes and keep JG from having to throw it all the time (obvious receipe for disaster).

Fingers crossed

I appreciate your opinion and respectfully disagree 👍🏻👍🏻. It's difficult to be objective, but I try.

let's look at average from this perspective…. The average 49er QB going all the way back to Joe Montana…. How many have we had? How many are better than Jimmy G?

Statistically speaking, we are going to see a decline in QB play once Jimmy leaves.

The blind dislike some of you have to Jimmy is only a testament to your shortsightedness, not his poor performance. I get it though…. Fandom is real. We all want the best, me included.

back to my point though, I'm excited to see what Kyle can do with Trey next year 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻. All optimism over here.
Fair enough. I share your excitement but wish it was this year we start seeing what Kyle can do with a rocket arm and mobility.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Dec 6, 2021 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
https://www.outsports.com/2021/12/3/22812831/trey-lance-my-cause-cleats-gay-fellowship-of-christian-athletes

JMO: "Maybe it's going over my head... forgive me if I missed something critical in the article and feel free to correct me on my oversight. I believe everyone has the right to live their life however they choose as long as it's not hurting someone else or imposing on someone else's freedoms. Having said that... this is a Christian organization that's founded on spiritual/religious beliefs. I have been to many churches and none of them believed in or supported same sex relationships. And, none of them would allow you to be the pastor if you didn't actually believe in the the principles that they are founded on. Period. How is this any different. I'm not gay but if I held a leadership position in my church, I would be relieved of it if I was found to be having sex before marriage. They would say I wasn't fit to lead because I'm living in sin. I can understand someone being offended because the life they live on a day to day basis is deemed as sinful and wrong, but then why isn't this a condemnation for like 85 to 90 percent of Christian churches? Why is the focus on FCA? How is it different? If the answer is because it isn't technically a church, then we're just splitting hairs... the title says it all. It's a Christian Organization based on it's religious beliefs. I wouldn't expect to be a leader in a vegan/animal rights based organization if I still ate meat. I don't see the issue. "

Christ...we're arguing about this again?
Omg, leave the kid alone. He has a right to support a group that helped him growing up. He meant no offense to anyone.

I agree
You guys are on autopilot in the b***hing depart at this point
Fair enough. I share your excitement but wish it was this year we start seeing what Kyle can do with a rocket arm and mobility.

Kyle should have probably gone with Lance from week 1, at least he would have an excuse for not reaching the playoffs. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with Lance and his growing pains next year Instead.
What does it say about Lynch's drafting and Lance as a QB if he can't beat out JG for the starting QB position?

I mean we gave up three first rounders for a guy that can't unseat Jimmy G?

Kyle's controlling ass gonna turn Lance into a safe robot like Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Joecool:

here we go if Trey Lance ends up sucking, it will be because he shouldn't be an NFL QB, not because of Kyle Shanahan. So dumb
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's going to be painful to watch for a while. That's inevitable. And Kyle is going to fight himself every step of the way during the growth process.

Been saying this
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Trey, go!
Share 49ersWebzone