LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Goatie:
Florio is pretty brutal on FO regarding the decision to mortgage the future to get Lance

Mortgaging the future to move up to #3 was horrifically stupid no matter who they picked.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Florio is pretty brutal on FO regarding the decision to mortgage the future to get Lance

Mortgaging the future to move up to #3 was horrifically stupid no matter who they picked.

Sure, we could have had another McGlinchey and Kinlaw with what we gave up.
I can just see this a*****e's smirk through his writing. f**k him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance-experiment-indeed-disappointment-235645544.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the criticism of Trey is almost laughable. Does he have some things to work on? Sure he does, but expecting him to look great when he's only played one game in almost 2 years is a joke. He was the least experienced QB in this draft but Kyle took him based on the potential he sees. Maybe that won't work out but we at least have to give him every opportunity to learn and then show what he can do. Look at all the chances and excuses that have been made for Jimmy who was far more experienced when he was traded to the Niners. We kept hearing he just needs more reps. He needs better receivers. He needs a better O line. I think we at least need to give Trey the same time to develop that we gave Jimmy. In 3-4 years he'll still be 5 years younger than Jimmy is now.

Look at the QBs from the last draft. They're all starting for bad teams that didn't have a decent QB. None of them are setting the league on fire and they all had much more experience. Trevor Lawrence is finally starting to show a little of what he can do but he was a 4 year starter from a major college. He's supposed to be a generational QB. If he's having problems then why would you expect Trey to not have them.

What is the real joke is trading up and selecting him third overall as a project with very little to go on. Shanahan and Lynch drafting a guy that high who has proved nothing is a joke. Trey Lance declaring for the NFL draft when he is obviously not ready is a joke. Shanahan using him like battering ram in the last game is a joke getting him injured; like a three year old playing with his new Marvel action figure calling the same play over and over again - "Hulk Smash!" is a joke. You have to minimize risk when you draft that high. Yeah maybe it won't work out, maybe it will. I would love to see this Shanahan - Lance marriage take off. But Shanahan and Lynch will get another pass this year if we don't make the playoffs again. And we will have to wait until next season to see if the jokes continue and the honeymoon is over for everyone.

Originally posted by dhp318:

I gotta be honest--based on their first round selections thus far, I'm okay with Lynch/Shanny wasting those picks on one player (Lance). If Lance doesn't work out, it's only one player I will be disappointed in, as opposed to three.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

https://sports.yahoo.com/trey-lance-experiment-indeed-disappointment-235645544.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

Oh you know it, him and Sims. Don't like the guys but Florio is spot on here.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

I mean...he didn't really say anything. Did people believe Lance was going to start day one? Not many around here did. Many seemed comfortable with Lance sitting about 1/3 to 1/2 the season, if not the whole thing, contingent on how the team (read JG) was playing / playoff status. The only reason Lance was even in the game was because JG is being JG (injured).

Whether the juice was worth the squeeze won't be known for quite some time. It's fair to say thus far it wasn't worth it, but that's not saying much. The pick was always about the future, and not the immediate future at that. Circumstances changed sure, but those circumstances don't change the initial reasoning.

He is spot on, but he's such a niner hater that he loves the fact that Trey is looking the worst of the bunch. He's still bitter the niners beat down the Vikings two years ago.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

He is spot on, but he's such a niner hater that he loves the fact that Trey is looking the worst of the bunch. He's still bitter the niners beat down the Vikings two years ago.

That knee jerk reaction was far from spot on.

Lol worst of the bunch after 1 start, your posts get more ridiculous each day

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Lol worst of the bunch after 1 start, your posts get more ridiculous each day

• pdc20
  • Veteran

So that means that Kyle and John made the right decision. That´s great for us!

Anyone with a brain can see that Lance was not ready for the NFL yet, pre-draft. You dont even need to look at the tape. Just look at where he played and the number of games. It says it all.

The decision is not a bad one if he turns out to be our franchise QB. Time will tell. Mortgaging the future is not the problem. Mortgaging the future and missing is the issue. Its WAY to early for that judgement.

The plan for JG should be or should have been is to stay healthy and hold the QB1 spot while increasing his value with TL holding a clipboard. Seems reasonable until JG doesnt hold up his end of the deal.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Anyone with a brain can see that Lance was not ready for the NFL yet, pre-draft. You dont even need to look at the tape. Just look at where he played and the number of games. It says it all.

The decision is not a bad one if he turns out to be our franchise QB. Time will tell. Mortgaging the future is not the problem. Mortgaging the future and missing is the issue. Its WAY to early for that judgement.

The plan for JG should be or should have been is to stay healthy and hold the QB1 spot while increasing his value with TL holding a clipboard. Seems reasonable until JG doesnt hold up his end of the deal.
I'm going to call BS. 90 percent of the zone, and even beat reporters claimed trey was the second coming during training camp. 90 percent of the fans were calling for Jimmy to be traded asap because trey was ready. The narrative has now changed. Now that Trey has shown exactly how raw he is fans are in denial and making excuses. So now we have to wait maybe 2 more years before we can even determine whether he was worth the trade, while wasting kittle bosa and Warners prime years. Pathetic.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

I'm going to call BS. 90 percent of the zone, and even beat reporters claimed trey was the second coming during training camp. 90 percent of the fans were calling for Jimmy to be traded asap because trey was ready. The narrative has now changed. Now that Trey has shown exactly how raw he is fans are in denial and making excuses. So now we have to wait maybe 2 more years before we can even determine whether he was worth the trade, while wasting kittle bosa and Warners prime years. Pathetic.

But that is the NFL draft. Its all hype with little sizzle. Again, looking at him with any reasonable scrutiny you can tell he wasnt ready, he barely played last year in a weak division.

People are just over anxious and impatience. Its clear that management didnt want to put TL in at QB for any length of time this year. JG is suppose to hold the fort, keep the team competitive until next year.
Share 49ersWebzone