Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'd be more worried about Jimmy starting.

Sorry, man - Jimmy is just better than Trey right now, it's hard for me to admit that.

And he will be for the rest of this year and next year. But Trey has the potential to be better in the long term if he doesn't keep getting injured like he has been in the last two weeks after his first full game.
Actually it doesn't say anything because fans don't play, coach or manage anything in the game except some effect from what they do in the stadium. It's not like what a fan thinks really matters to the actual outcome of the game.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Oct 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Actually it doesn't say anything because fans don't play, coach or manage anything in the game except some effect from what they do in the stadium. It's not like what a fan thinks really matters to the actual outcome of the game.

NY got trolled by the webzone?
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Let's hope he gains confidence. He got hurt, completed 50% of his passes, no tds and an interception, and lost while scoring 10 points.

Played about as well as a rookie who hasn't gotten snaps with the starters for 5 months, hasn't played football in a yr and got his first start with a weeks notice

Funny, but we are in a time and place where both of these points are 100% truth.
I'm looking forward to JG having a good game, and start because he is our best QB. But all that depends upon Trey being able to come in if injury to Jimmy…and now…that we don't have. Trey, get healthy quick, bud.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I'm looking forward to JG having a good game, and start because he is our best QB. But all that depends upon Trey being able to come in if injury to Jimmy…and now…that we don't have. Trey, get healthy quick, bud.

It's supposed to be pouring rain and windy I don't anticipate either QB looking great.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It's supposed to be pouring rain and windy I don't anticipate either QB looking great.

I expect 50 runs lol
So Trey is confirmed out, Trent Williams doubtful, Kinlaw to I.R. and no Givens or Hurst.

I'm so glad we're healed up after that bye-week.

At least K'Waun Williams and Jamycal Hasty are back.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So Trey is confirmed out, Trent Williams doubtful, Kinlaw to I.R. and no Givens or Hurst.

LOL 9ers. The only team in the league that comes out of a bye week less healthy than when they went into it.
Because of the fact that Lynch essentially blows every first round pick he makes, I don't want to hear anyone crying about how much it cost us to draft Trey Lance ever again.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Trey is too injured to dress and be the backup?
That is worrisome.

I wish NYNiner was right about him not being hurt at all.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 22, 2021 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
So why isn't he being held out of his duties as a backup?

And it is called "practice".

His duties lol…you mean pretending to be the other teams QB for a couple days?

maybe he's a little banged up, but now kyle doesn't have to answer the why isn't Lance starting questions this week….if Jimmy plays well & they win, then he's saved all the BS for another week or two. Jimmy plays like poop and they lose…then everyone will be screaming about Lance.

He can't even fill in for Jimmy if needed?
Our game plan with trey was such bullsh*t. No surprise he got hurt. Really disappointed by Kyle.

Lance couldn't even make it through one game without getting injured because he never slides. Everyone should watch JT O' Sullivan's thorough pro breakdown of the AZ game. He pointed out a lot of late throws, passing up easy screen passes when under pressure, and strange footwork issues causing inaccurate passes.
JTO's Breakdown of Lance at AZ
Originally posted by Method:
Our game plan with trey was such bullsh*t. No surprise he got hurt. Really disappointed by Kyle.

Lance was late throwing to a lot of receivers who were open coming out of their breaks, including that INT. He also failed to get rid of the ball in time to the open receivers underneath when AZ brought overload blitzes. Sanu's drop on 3rd and 11 and poor blocking on the right side of the line def didn't help but that's not a coaching issue man. There were generally open receivers on every play. If Lance isn't finding them or throwing late to them, that's an execution issue.
Share 49ersWebzone