Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Looks like Trey still needs to get the ball down some. His throwing motion is more compact though, and it looks like they are working on footwork. Let's hope it pays off.

From what lol? The mass amounts of tape you've reviewed of him in OTAs?

I don't understand why you wanna get your panties twisted into a knot over it. I like Trey, but I'm expecting him to show improvement. I'm not one of those partisans who has chosen a player and cannot stand them catching any criticism. From the videos ive seen of Trey throwing, he is still throwing it a bit high. I don't give a f**k which guy starts at qb, as long as he is the best at the job.

First of all my panties are just fine. Second I'm actually curious what videos you're going off of, considering we've only had media access to two practices and even less video of the actual team drills.

There are several videos of him throwing, it doesn't take more than 15-20 throws to see that he is still throwing high. Sorry that that bothers you so much that you decided to get snarky about someone having an opinion. You guys who get super defensive about the least little criticism are strange. You act like any criticism is a personal attack on his character, and you're his momma rushing to defend him. Why not wait until they actually earn their place before you start going to the mat every time someone mentions that they aren't perfect, because nobody is perfect, and it would be totally unrealistic to expect it.

There are several videos of him throwing and I've seen him hit CMC high once and a ball sail over a ball boy or whoever they had out there catching. All the other throws I didn't see him having an issue throwing high.

That's why I asked. You talk about Lance getting coddled, how about just speaking honestly about someone? I don't claim to have seen every throw video of his from OTAs which is why I asked you what you've seen and snarky and sarcastic is how I post. Sorry that hurt your feelings.

There is plenty of posts in this thread painting a much worse picture of Lance that is actually out there so yeah, your take smelled of more of the same but if you have the videos you're referring to then please share them so I can apologize.

I could be reading peoples messages wrong and I really don't know if treys been "throwing high".

i read one of his posts and I took it as Trey still isn't getting certain aspects of his throwing motion right. I believe he said his elbow isn't higher enough or something like that.

maybe he did say that Trey is still throwing high, idk.

i know treys improved but idk how much yet. Hopefully whatever short comings he still has are aggressively worked on before camp, which I'm sure is what will happen. I'll wait until camp before I get happy/bummed about it

If he's talking about his throwing motion then it's an even bigger lol from me.

I've seen a few guys on here acting like they know QB mechanics better than guys coaching it for a living. It just comes off super lame to me.

Yeah, I personally am not too educated on throwing mechanics when we start to get granular. I know the basics and I know when something isn't right. Lol but when we start getting into the finer parts of it - I don't know enough to have an opinion that I'll defend. Lol
Looks like Trey still needs to get the ball down some. His throwing motion is more compact though, and it looks like they are working on footwork. Let's hope it pays off.

I don't understand why you wanna get your panties twisted into a knot over it. I like Trey, but I'm expecting him to show improvement. I'm not one of those partisans who has chosen a player and cannot stand them catching any criticism. From the videos ive seen of Trey throwing, he is still throwing it a bit high. I don't give a f**k which guy starts at qb, as long as he is the best at the job.

First of all my panties are just fine. Second I'm actually curious what videos you're going off of, considering we've only had media access to two practices and even less video of the actual team drills.

There are several videos of him throwing, it doesn't take more than 15-20 throws to see that he is still throwing high. Sorry that that bothers you so much that you decided to get snarky about someone having an opinion. You guys who get super defensive about the least little criticism are strange. You act like any criticism is a personal attack on his character, and you're his momma rushing to defend him. Why not wait until they actually earn their place before you start going to the mat every time someone mentions that they aren't perfect, because nobody is perfect, and it would be totally unrealistic to expect it.

There are several videos of him throwing and I've seen him hit CMC high once and a ball sail over a ball boy or whoever they had out there catching. All the other throws I didn't see him having an issue throwing high.

That's why I asked. You talk about Lance getting coddled, how about just speaking honestly about someone? I don't claim to have seen every throw video of his from OTAs which is why I asked you what you've seen and snarky and sarcastic is how I post. Sorry that hurt your feelings.

There is plenty of posts in this thread painting a much worse picture of Lance that is actually out there so yeah, your take smelled of more of the same but if you have the videos you're referring to then please share them so I can apologize.

I could be reading peoples messages wrong and I really don't know if treys been "throwing high".

i read one of his posts and I took it as Trey still isn't getting certain aspects of his throwing motion right. I believe he said his elbow isn't higher enough or something like that.

i know treys improved but idk how much yet. Hopefully whatever short comings he still has are aggressively worked on before camp, which I'm sure is what will happen. I'll wait until camp before I get happy/bummed about it

I've seen a few guys on here acting like they know QB mechanics better than guys coaching it for a living. It just comes off super lame to me.

Yeah, I personally am not too educated on throwing mechanics when we start to get granular. I know the basics and I know when something isn't right. Lol but when we start getting into the finer parts of it - I don't know enough to have an opinion that I'll defend. Lol

I'm no expert myself which is why I'm not in here talking about how Lance needs to raise his elbow 10% or pucker his butthole a smidge more to get a better spiral on his throws.
I wonder how many games he will start

I'm no expert myself which is why I'm not in here talking about how Lance needs to raise his elbow 10% or pucker his butthole a smidge more to get a better spiral on his throws.
I wonder what these couch geniuses would have to say about Phillip Rivers and his throwing motion. Surely they would have improved on that .
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:

I wonder what these couch geniuses would have to say about Phillip Rivers and his throwing motion. Surely they would have improved on that .

Probably nothing. Rivers was a very accurate QB. Mechanics usually only gets brought up repeatedly when a QB can't throw. Throwing motion and Mechanics is the easy way to think a QB will improve their accuracy.

They live in a world of make believe where qb's are either accurate or not no matter their mechanics or motion.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jun 2, 2023 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Probably nothing. Rivers was a very accurate QB. Mechanics usually only gets brought up repeatedly when a QB can't throw. Throwing motion and Mechanics is the easy way to think a QB will improve their accuracy.

I was about to say the same. Throwing motion only becomes an issue when it affects your accuracy. Rivers did have an ugly throwing motion but it got he job done, so it was left alone.

There are no QB coach geniuses on this team
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. What happened to, "I don't need Kurt Warner to think for me?"

Here's part II. Great stuff.

Brock Purdy Thread (Insert Purdy Breakdowns Here)
every time I come here for Trey stuff I am seeing Brock?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

0. Then again, he's a 49er QB, so probably 1/3 of the season. LOL

Yeah. Hahah I'm banking on allen becoming an all pro based on our track record. Hahaha
Thought this was kind of a fitting reminder that sometimes teams don't even appreciate or know what they have

This is why some want to see more of Lance. Eagles were looking to move on from Hurts as their starting QB even before this season and he already had way more experience than Lance has.

Ironically Wilson blocking the trade was the best thing for the Eagles. Hurts showed his hard work paid off and along with the great roster in place the Eagles looked dominant.

Now before people just to conclusions, I'm not saying Lance will be in the MVP running if he's starting nor am I saying he has to play over Purdy, I'm simply saying people ready to ship Trey off while pointing to the team being down on him may take a step back and see sometimes the teams don't know what they have and some moves that aren't made end up being the best ones.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
LOL. What happened to, "I don't need Kurt Warner to think for me?"

Here's part II. Great stuff.

I don't need him to think for me. Haven't even watched the video. I watched the games, he took way more shots than Jimmy did. Stats that BayArea posted showed that.

You can just admit you were wrong. It's ok

Wait. If NCommand is saying the scheme didn't let the QB take shots, then the video he just posted disproves him. Are you sure that is what NCommand is arguing, or did he just not watch the whole video? Because in this video Warner shows that Purdy was still taking shots and chances in that game even after the large lead.

Yeah. Hahah I'm banking on allen becoming an all pro based on our track record. Hahaha

You already know he's going go be the pre season king!
Share 49ersWebzone