LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
'One play Trey'

Okay which one of ya'll is calling him this.. step forward plz..

At least last preseason anyway. He'd look mediocre aside from one play but all the zone talked about was his one play.

Go play in the Mac Jones thread
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
'One play Trey'

Okay which one of ya'll is calling him this.. step forward plz..

At least last preseason anyway. He'd look mediocre aside from one play but all the zone talked about was his one play.

Go play in the Mac Jones thread

Ridiculous to Judge a young QB based on limited playing time. How about we at least give him one full season before we make that assessment.

Trey was impressive last preseason with the positive plays outweighing the mistakes.

Looking forward to seeing him more polished and consistent this preseason!
They talk down Trey because they don't have enough film to go off of but they talk up Lawrence and Z Wilson who has alot of film from last season but it's all bad. So they think Lance who hasn't had a chance yet will be a bad NFL QB but think Lawrence and Wilson will be good NFL QB's who have had a chance and haven't been good so far. I don't care what they did in College, So far in the NFL they have shown not to be good QB's but yet all these media type's have complete faith in them. Makes no sense. Imagine if Trey played the entire 2021 season and out up the numbers Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson did? The hatred would be 10 times worse than it already is.
Trey has been put into the best possible position that any young QB could want. If he is all they have been saying he is, there is no reason to expect him to not perform. The only beef I have had so far with him is accuracy, and you can improve that with footwork.
So you judge Trey based on his first preseason in the NFL? Or am I missing some context here?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Trey has been put into the best possible position that any young QB could want. If he is all they have been saying he is, there is no reason to expect him to not perform. The only beef I have had so far with him is accuracy, and you can improve that with footwork.

Even in the best situation it takes a raw, young QB time. Remember Steve Young?
Originally posted by JTB1974:
They talk down Trey because they don't have enough film to go off of but they talk up Lawrence and Z Wilson who has alot of film from last season but it's all bad. So they think Lance who hasn't had a chance yet will be a bad NFL QB but think Lawrence and Wilson will be good NFL QB's who have had a chance and haven't been good so far. I don't care what they did in College, So far in the NFL they have shown not to be good QB's but yet all these media type's have complete faith in them. Makes no sense. Imagine if Trey played the entire 2021 season and out up the numbers Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson did? The hatred would be 10 times worse than it already is.

Hear hear. Lance did a hell of a lot better in his limited playing time then every rookie qb besides Mac Jones. (However, Jones last 5 games going 1-4 and throwing 7 ints was a horrible regression and looking like garbage in the playoffs)

People don't know how to analyze qb play and disregard anything that doesn't support their narrative
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Dude, this tech is wild lol.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Agreed, have never seen that before. Would love to see a comparison
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
So you judge Trey based on his first preseason in the NFL? Or am I missing some context here?

No I just answered the question
  • krizay
  • Veteran
You're probably more correct on this than I am it's probably the fan in me talking but I see big things from TL. Almost too good on offense to fail. One of the best LT, one of the best TE, best FB, potentially 2 #1 level wideouts, KS play calls and run game.. this thing is top shelf all the way. KS probably is in the lab right now cooking up ways to use TL.. perimeter routes and deep ball type stuff that was not in the toolkit before..

I agree that he won't fail.. his situation is too good for him to fail and he does seem to be the guy who puts in the work.

At this point I've seen nothing to steer me towards him being THE RESASON we succeed.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Tom house has been using stuff like this for years lol
Not sure if this was posted, but his motion looks great. A lot of the extra motion is cleaned up from last season. If he can replicate it on the field, he's gonna be in good shape.

Share 49ersWebzone