There are 130 users in the forums

QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love this

Yea...he gonna wreck this league with Shanahan.

Ofc he Is. Lance about to silence his critics this season, whilst leading the 9ers to the playoffs, or even the... Dare I say It... Super bowl. All this could depend on the level of play we see from the offensive line though.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
True. But if he was facing that kind of pressure from game 1, things may have been a lot different. That Chiefs offense was pretty much set when he took over.

This was the original point. Agreed.

This is why so many have concerns about our current OL...it'll have an instant effect on Trey's early development, one way or another.

Yes. There is concern surrounding our O line. Trey has shown the ability to escape pressure and make throws on the run though. Good news is we have guys like Deebo, Kittle and possibly Aiyuk who can consistently get open.

Yeah, it's really just a matter of degree. We want him to trust his instincts on when to pull it down and for the OL and skill players to work in concert with him when he does go off schedule but we don't want him to do it to a degree he's abandoning the play scripts and learning bad habits and/or putting himself in unnecessary harm's way. Delicate balance especially right out of the gate.

I agree. Having a strong running game and quick passing game helps take some of that pressure off the O line in pass pro. I believe those two things are the biggest reasons why our pass pro has been mostly adequate over the past few seasons in spite of not having studs across the line.

Just out of curiosity, who does have studs all across the line? Not many.

Like individual all pros? Nobody...playing at an all pro level as a "pass protection unit" including the extra blocker, FB, TE and RB's? The last 2 Superbowl winners. The last 3 losers in Atlanta, SF and KC did not have that (in that game).
We've given up one sack in entire playoffs

True. That's why sacks are a poor indicator for both pass protection and pass rushers. But it is a stat.
it's not a poor indicator.. it means the OL still gave time for the QB to throw

you think Jimmy would survive 19 sacks like Burrow did this past playoff run.. heck no. he can't even handle normal pocket pressure

I'm just saying "sacks" are not a good indication of much in the grand scheme of things. Pressure rate is far more of an indicator of reality. Pressures, hits...those can lead to hits to the head, knock downs, INT's, poor decisions, etc.

As to 19 sacks in conjunction with all the pressures and hits? Hell no. Garoppolo or any classic pocket passer would be dead. LOL. Hell, Brady retired immediately after Wirfs got hurt and they lost. LOL. Just one OL.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 26, 2022 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
True. But if he was facing that kind of pressure from game 1, things may have been a lot different. That Chiefs offense was pretty much set when he took over.

This was the original point. Agreed.

This is why so many have concerns about our current OL...it'll have an instant effect on Trey's early development, one way or another.

Yes. There is concern surrounding our O line. Trey has shown the ability to escape pressure and make throws on the run though. Good news is we have guys like Deebo, Kittle and possibly Aiyuk who can consistently get open.

Yeah, it's really just a matter of degree. We want him to trust his instincts on when to pull it down and for the OL and skill players to work in concert with him when he does go off schedule but we don't want him to do it to a degree he's abandoning the play scripts and learning bad habits and/or putting himself in unnecessary harm's way. Delicate balance especially right out of the gate.

I agree. Having a strong running game and quick passing game helps take some of that pressure off the O line in pass pro. I believe those two things are the biggest reasons why our pass pro has been mostly adequate over the past few seasons in spite of not having studs across the line.

Just out of curiosity, who does have studs all across the line? Not many.

Oh man, I remember when we did. Steve Wallace, Harris Barton, Jesse Sapolu, Guy McIntyre, Bubba Paris. Mike Shanahan's first few years at Denver had studs across their line, too. So it is possible, but exceedingly rare.

Yeah, we had some epic OL and individual players.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love this

Yea...he gonna wreck this league with Shanahan.

Ofc he Is. Lance about to silence his critics this season, whilst leading the 9ers to the playoffs, or even the... Dare I say It... Super bowl. All this could depend on the level of play we see from the offensive line though.

Yea, he is going to make mistakes but seems like the kind of player that will get better from them. Don't turnover the ball on our side of the field and we should be ok
Young Trey Da God

Man watching Trey highlights and I hope he stops rolling up the back of his linemen's legs.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Man watching Trey highlights and I hope he stops rolling up the back of his linemen's legs.

Lol. I forgot about that. That was really odd...even down field.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Young Trey Da God

Let's go Trey

He also took some odd angles during his runs. I think it was the Cardinals game.

LOL poor McFloppy. Obviously, Trey didn't intentionally dive into McGlinchey's leg, but I wonder if that play had any impact on McGlinchey's eventual season-ending injury. It was the right leg, too.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 26, 2022 at 6:43 PM ]

LOL poor McFloppy. Obviously, Trey didn't intentionally dive into McGlinchey's leg, but I wonder if that play had any impact on McGlinchey's eventual season-ending injury. It was the right leg, too.

Didn't Mcglinchey tear a bicep o I don't know what running into the legs would have to do with anything

I doubt it. His injury was, what, 3-4 weeks later?
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

Didn't Mcglinchey tear a bicep o I don't know what running into the legs would have to do with anything
Glinch tore a hamstring or quad
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 26, 2022 at 9:17 PM ]
Glinch tore a hamstring or quad

He tore all four quad muscles off the bone, really serious injury. 20 years ago it would have ended his career
Share 49ersWebzone