LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I shake my head when I hear people say Trey or Kinlaw are busts when neither one has had enough playing time to show what they have. Kinlaw actually showed some promise in his rookie year but then was injured all last season. Some of the same people that quickly proclaim them busts will defend Jimmy forever despite the fact that we've had plenty of time to see he's okay but not the franchise guy we're looking for.

No point in discussing Kinlaw in here as this is the Trey Lance thread, but anyone calling Trey a bust is an idiot. He's started 2 games. And looked pretty damn good against the Texans with the most important takeaway being that he got better as the game transpired.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 27, 2022 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I shake my head when I hear people say Trey or Kinlaw are busts when neither one has had enough playing time to show what they have. Kinlaw actually showed some promise in his rookie year but then was injured all last season. Some of the same people that quickly proclaim them busts will defend Jimmy forever despite the fact that we've had plenty of time to see he's okay but not the franchise guy we're looking for.

No point in discussing Kinlaw in here as this is the Trey Lance thread, but anyone calling Trey a bust is an idiot. He's started 2 games. And looked pretty damn good against the Texans with the most important takeaway being that he got better as the game transpired.

Agreed. One had a full season to prove his worth. The other had "two" games. Let's keep It strictly about Lance, though. The future Is looking bright.
Who the F is this Acho guy?
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Remember that some "scouts" told Matt Miller that Kyle and John hated eachother.

That's just Grant and his Cohnhead followers
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Actually Grant is probably one of Trey's biggest supporters in the media.
  • thl408
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Someone that wants to get more popular amongst the 49er fanbase.
Step 1: say something bad about Lance.
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

For now. When the opposite take is more clickbait worthy, he'll jump ship.
Originally posted by thl408:

No kidding. Like jet fuel on a camp fire.
Originally posted by thl408:

Step 2: say that Jimmy G is undervalued/under appreciated and fans were too mean to him.

Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

Last year when he was able to stir
it up. We'll see how this year goes now that he can condemn the franchise for mortgaging the future on a bust.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/mac-jones-trevor-lawrence-and-more-grading-nfls-top-2nd-year-qbs

I disagree, Acho. Everything that I am hearing from people within the locker room is that Trey IS it.

Not going to click on that link, but I think when all is said and done (given his internal makeup and talents, and Shanahan's coaching talents) Trey Lance will be the best QB of both the '21 draft (where he was drafted) and the '22 draft (where he could have been drafted number 1). I can't wait to see this season unfold as I think we as fans are in for great things.

Acho was all over the place

Zach Wilson - 7/10 - not because he liked Wilson but because of the off season he had, the help he got and he trusts the Jets organization in year two under Saleh. Wilson won't be asked to do much.

Less than 2 minutes later....

Trey Lance - 2/10 - Ignoring everything he said above that could apply to Trey even more than Wilson he basically just said the cliche "couldn't beat out Jimmy G and from what I've heard in and out of the team - he's not the guy".

And then 9/10 for Mac not because of talent but because his team is the best around him.

'One play Trey'

Okay which one of ya'll is calling him this.. step forward plz..
  • krizay
  • Veteran
'One play Trey'

Okay which one of ya'll is calling him this.. step forward plz..

At least last preseason anyway. He'd look mediocre aside from one play but all the zone talked about was his one play.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Acho was all over the place

Zach Wilson - 7/10 - not because he liked Wilson but because of the off season he had, the help he got and he trusts the Jets organization in year two under Saleh. Wilson won't be asked to do much.

Less than 2 minutes later....

Trey Lance - 2/10 - Ignoring everything he said above that could apply to Trey even more than Wilson he basically just said the cliche "couldn't beat out Jimmy G and from what I've heard in and out of the team - he's not the guy".

And then 9/10 for Mac not because of talent but because his team is the best around him.

Mac Jones
Acho's thoughts: "A quarterback is a reflection of his team, and a team is a reflection of its QB. He's a nine. I don't think he has much help either, but he knows what to do with the limited help that he has. He will find a way to make sure the Patriots stay up top in the AFC East. They were second last year, I anticipate them getting more wins. I judge my QB on wins, and I think he'll have the most of the sophomore QBs."
Trey Lance

Acho's thoughts: "I'm being nice with this one. From everything I've heard from people within the locker room, and outside the locker room, he just ain't it. He just ain't got it. There's a reason they call him 'one play Trey' and a reason he only started one game. The Niners chose to play Jimmy Garoppolo with a broken thumb over their top-three first-round pick. There's a reason for that

Maybe the video says different but from this not sure exactly what you mean.
Share 49ersWebzone