LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Maurice Hurst DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
So far Chucky hasn't shown that he can evaluate talent very well. He seems to cut guys that can actually play and draft or hold on to guys that don't produce. I always felt Gruden was overrated.
didn't watch him much in the pros but in college this dude was a monster. He was a reason Michigan moved Rashan Gary to the outside. coudn't beat out Hurst.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
So far Chucky hasn't shown that he can evaluate talent very well. He seems to cut guys that can actually play and draft or hold on to guys that don't produce. I always felt Gruden was overrated.

I think Myock makes the call. That dude is a dumbass, though. He overvaluates physical traits and "potential" and doesn't put much emphasis on the tape.

Originally posted by lamontb:
didn't watch him much in the pros but in college this dude was a monster. He was a reason Michigan moved Rashan Gary to the outside. coudn't beat out Hurst.

I fell to the fifth round and I was super surprised by that. He's a very good rotation piece, although he may be undersized. This is probably the best signing for the 49ers. (along with Mack. )
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I fell to the fifth round and I was super surprised by that. He's a very good rotation piece, although he may be undersized. This is probably the best signing for the 49ers. (along with Mack. )

He was diagnosed with a heart condition at the combine. Most people viewed him as a first-rounder before the combine.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Best 3tech on the roster.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

better than kinlaw?
[ Edited by Giedi on May 21, 2021 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:

better than kinlaw?

Easily better than Kinlaw
Originally posted by 49ers808:

better than kinlaw?

Easily better than Kinlaw

Damn.. we going to cause havoc in the middle with Kinlaw, Hurst, Kerr, Jones with Bosa outside. Yum!
better than kinlaw?

Yes but that's not really saying much. Kinlaw is just a guy at this stage in his career. He's got a long way to go.

better than kinlaw?

Yes but that's not really saying much. Kinlaw is just a guy at this stage in his career. He's got a long way to go.

Agree. The potential is there, but "raw" last season is being nice. He sucked.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm actually pretty pumped to see what this kid can do in our scheme

Sucks we only have him for a yr though. Our IDL is probably one of the best in the NFL

Yeah. Also Kerr was the highest rated defender on Carolina last year and a top 10-12(I think per pff) DT I think he could be better than DJ Jones. Hurst graded out well over the last few years as well. Another starter. We have 4 starting DTs between those 3 and Kinlaw. Best DTs besides TB imo
[ Edited by elguapo on May 21, 2021 at 8:37 PM ]
insane depth this year on d-line. def didn't want a situation where we signing former NFL players off the street (Ansah)
Giving Kinlaw some OTA's, Mini-camp, and whatever else he can get to practice and learn techniques, pairing with Nick on the right side of the DL, QB's will be running to their right and, hopefully into the arms of Hurst and whoever the DE on that side is (Key?), the way I see it
Originally posted by 49ers808:
better than kinlaw?

Agree. The potential is there, but "raw" last season is being nice. He sucked.

Yeah that's false. He actually wasn't that far behind Chase Young in QB pressures before he missed the last 3 games.
Share 49ersWebzone