LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Arden Key, DL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Do he need to be fed? He look lanky but I bet he can still man handle McGrinch
Does this mean the team won't be signing Ronald Blair?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

I thought we already did?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Key was an under-achiever with the Raiders...but, they don't have Coach Kocurek, either. I'll bet he'll get more out of Arden than LV did. Love this and the Gallman signing. And neither has anything to do with drafting Mac Jones! Coach will take either Fields or Lance, bank it.

Me too. Love when that Moneyball machine spits these out.

Lol

Exactly what I was thinking
IIRC, He had some first round talent buzz coming out of college before a failed drug test and struggled with weight control derailed it and fell off the cliff, I remember some even had him in top 10 talent. He also went to the Jon Gruden led Raiders who are not really good in developing anyone's career especially defensive players, more like killing their careers before it starts. New scenery with much much better coaching could bring out the disruptive LSU player he was known for. He was an attack tiger who was caged up in Paul Guenther's two gap read and react scheme. He'll fit well in with the Niner's attack and destroy scheme. Low risk, high reward signing if works out.
wasn't he someone's 3rd round draft crush a few years ago
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
IIRC, He had some first round talent buzz coming out of college before a failed drug test and struggled with weight control derailed it and fell off the cliff, I remember some even had him in top 10 talent. He also went to the Jon Gruden led Raiders who are not really good in developing anyone's career especially defensive players, more like killing their careers before it starts. New scenery with much much better coaching could bring out the disruptive LSU player he was known for. He was an attack tiger who was caged up in Paul Guenther's two gap read and react scheme. He'll fit well in with the Niner's attack and destroy scheme. Low risk, high reward signing if works out.

I like this analysis!
I dont have super high expectations but I like taking a chance on the kid. Very little risk and nice upside potential.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I like this analysis!

I like this analysis of the analysis
Originally posted by tankle104:

He was in for a physical and a possible signing but I don't remember seeing an article on that being finalized. I also don't see him on the current roster lists.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Midbay:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I like this analysis!

I like this analysis of the analysis

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Koc and Bosa will be key reasons why Ardon will become the key to 3rd down stops
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Camp body
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Not officially, but it's on the docket. However, Ford and Blair are injury prone and BIG question marks entering training camp. Bosa is still in recovery.

So here's our current healthly EDGE players: Armstead, Ebukam, Willis, and Barrett. In other words...1.5 EDGE players at full health. Armstead is a DT on passing downs. Willis and Barrett have not proven themselves.

I expect a Day 3 EDGE pick, but Key probably has higher upside than another UDFA player.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:

Not officially, but it's on the docket. However, Ford and Blair are injury prone and BIG question marks entering training camp. Bosa is still in recovery.

So here's our current healthly EDGE players: Armstead, Ebukam, Willis, and Barrett. In other words...1.5 EDGE players at full health. Armstead is a DT on passing downs. Willis and Barrett have not proven themselves.

I expect a Day 3 EDGE pick, but Key probably has higher upside than another UDFA player.

I might be wrong but I don't think they re-signed Willis yet??
Share 49ersWebzone