LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Alex Mack (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
What is the plan if he retires? Rip lance.

What if one of the reasons he retires is because he does not see Lance as a Super Bowl winning caliber QB

We'd never hear about this if it was in fact, true.

I could see him not coming back with the IDEA a rookie/young QB has never won a Superbowl though. I would imagine if he wants to come back, it's with a great chance to win it all (finally). And that's highly unlikely to be with Trey (this year).

Big Ben was 23. Brady and Mahomes were 24. That's pretty young

There's always a chance. But those odds will be determined by Mack.
We'll know the answer if we see Brunskill playing 1st team C in minicamp. If it's still Brendel, then maybe Mack is waiting until after minicamp to announce he's coming back. But there's no reason to have Brunskill at 1st team C unless you expect him to start there.
Originally posted by json7:
We'll know the answer if we see Brunskill playing 1st team C in minicamp. If it's still Brendel, then maybe Mack is waiting until after minicamp to announce he's coming back. But there's no reason to have Brunskill at 1st team C unless you expect him to start there.

Brunskill is out with tendinitis himself. Ouch. Come on down Brendel and West!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by json7:

Brunskill is out with tendinitis himself. Ouch. Come on down Brendel and West!
Didn't that bother Ford in the begining.. Like you said..it's Bren and west time
Originally posted by lamontb:
That new wife p***y will make you quit the game

I would've concurred but then I saw his wife's picture.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Didn't that bother Ford in the begining.. Like you said..it's Bren and west time

Tendinitis vs tendonosis
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mack retire yet?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Mack retire yet?

Probably a week before the first game of the season. I hope Kyle and Lynch are prepared for the possibility of Mack retiring. I don't want to see us trotting out Brunskill at centre come week 1.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
yes, this is getting stupid. Either retire, or show up.

Why? He's on his honeymoon.
Dear lord. I'm so nervous about this one. I know Mack has lost a step but I still like him over any alternatives we might have. Ugh.

I'm sure KS/JL have questioned him and got an answer.

I can't believe he'd just leave the team just hanging.

If he isn't going to play then JC Tretter would be an excellent pick-up.
At this point I would hope he would wait to announce his retirement until we trade or release Jimmy Garoppolo that way we can put all of his money to signing JC Tretter. I don't want another team to scoop him up. I know he wants a lot of guaranteed money but we need a damn experienced center and he is already better at this stage of his career than Alex Mack and he's a very good pass protector which is exactly what we need.
I guess since he's not designated a post June 1 cut he might be coming back. I don't know why they haven't announced Ford yet but I'm sure they will soon
Originally posted by elguapo:
I guess since he's not designated a post June 1 cut he might be coming back. I don't know why they haven't announced Ford yet but I'm sure they will soon

Post June 1 cuts can't happen till tomorrow. I doubt they cut Mack, if he retires it ends up creating $5M in cash, $4.1M in cap room.
I hope he retires. He cannot stand one more season. He will break down by week 9
Share 49ersWebzone