LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

2021 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
NC I bow to your supreme fandom.

HO might be head hunting you any day now. Just a pity NOCAL is a NOGO for a while.

One question though did i miss the coaching position for the female coach?

Haha. TY! Katie moved on...mutual parting to advance her career.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
The Center position MUST be addressed this offseason, there's absolutely no excuse for it to rely on an injury prone Richburg again.
These are the C who could be available in FA:
  • Core Linsley
  • Alex Mack
  • David Andrews
  • Austin Reiter
Center prospects on th 2021 draft class
  • Rashawn Slater (can play any OL position)
  • Trey Hill
  • Josh Myers
  • Alec Lindstrom
  • Creed Humphrey
  • Jimmy Morrisey
I bet any of them would be just as good as Richburg. Linsley is the best of this pack as you saw how he dominated tonight the Rams DL. I don't expect GB to let him walk. Alex Mack would be a short term solution because of his age and decline, but even a washed up Mack is better than the guys who played the position for the 49ers this year. Andrews has been a beast for the Pats every year he has been healthy. Reiter is good for pass protection but mediocre for run blocking.
For what I care they could bring Mack as a cheap bridge C and use the second rounder on one of the guys listed above, starting as a RG first.

Great break down and targets. C is huge for us. Period. We'll find out soon about their belief and gamble on guys like Richjured and Fixing Or Repairing Daily.

Have they learned NOT to count on these guys, finally? Have fans?
I'll tell you what...this FO needs to start spending their cap much more wisely. Look at these 2020 cap figures for these players compared to their snap counts and field production:

2021 Unrestricted FAs (2020 Salary): UFA's are free to negotiate with outside teams
LT Trent Williams ($13.6M)
CB Richard Sherman ($9.05M)
DT Solomon Thomas ($7.04M)
SS Jaquiski Tartt ($6.5M)

FB Kyle Juszyzck ($5.25M)
RB Tevin Coleman ($4.25M)
ZWR Kendrick Bourne ($3.259M)

CB K'Waun Williams ($2.95M)
RG Tom Compton ($2.75M)
DE Ronald Blair III ($2.3M)
C Ben Garland ($2M)

DE Kerry Hyder Jr. ($1.5M)
DE Ezekiel Ansah ($1.45M)
RB Jerick McKinnon ($1.16M)

CB Jason Verrett ($1.05M)
TE Jordan Reed ($1M)
C Tony Bergstrom ($1M)
CB Ahkello Witherspoon ($971K)
CB Dontae Johnson ($910K)
CB Jamar Taylor ($910K)
C Hroniss Grasu ($910K)
DE Dion Jordan ($904K)
DE Jordan Willis ($904K)
QB C.J. Beathard ($882K)
MLB Joe Walker ($825K)
SWR Trent Taylor ($650K)
NT D.J. Jones ($637K)

--- That's $35.5M completely wasted. Nobody wants to talk about this aspect of FO and cap management.

2021 Restricted FA's: RFA's can negotiate with outside teams and the 49ers have first rights of refusal and can receive compensation per first or second-round tenders put on players originally; no compensation for original/low-level tenders
TE Ross Dwelley ($750K)
QB Nick Mullens ($750K)
RB Jeff Wilson Jr. ($750K)
LS Taybor Pepper ($750K)
CB Emmanuel Moseley ($675K)
SS Marcell Harris ($615K)

2021 Exclusive Rights FA's: ERFA's are tendered at league minimum @ $510K, $585K or $660K. They can not negotiate with outside teams.
SCB Ken Webster ($675K)
C Daniel Brunskill ($675K)
SWR River Cracraft ($675K)
RB Austin Walter ($610K)
FS Kai Nacua ($?)

They've hit some homeruns too on some of these players.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 17, 2021 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Good work, NC. Will re-visit repeatedly. Scanning the signed players list, it's clear we need answers at CB.

^

Shanalynch 1.0 is over (SB run with Saleh and the FA cap spending on qb, edge etc). 1 year of Garroppolo and a young defense then 2.0 will get rolling
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 17, 2021 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
The Center position MUST be addressed this offseason, there's absolutely no excuse for it to rely on an injury prone Richburg again.
These are the C who could be available in FA:
  • Core Linsley
  • Alex Mack
  • David Andrews
  • Austin Reiter
Center prospects on th 2021 draft class
  • Rashawn Slater (can play any OL position)
  • Trey Hill
  • Josh Myers
  • Alec Lindstrom
  • Creed Humphrey
  • Jimmy Morrisey
I bet any of them would be just as good as Richburg. Linsley is the best of this pack as you saw how he dominated tonight the Rams DL. I don't expect GB to let him walk. Alex Mack would be a short term solution because of his age and decline, but even a washed up Mack is better than the guys who played the position for the 49ers this year. Andrews has been a beast for the Pats every year he has been healthy. Reiter is good for pass protection but mediocre for run blocking.
For what I care they could bring Mack as a cheap bridge C and use the second rounder on one of the guys listed above, starting as a RG first.
I like the Alex Mack option + drafting a center on day 2. Mack can help mentor the rookie and they should be ready to take over by 2023. Plus Mack has a couple years experience in this offense.

Originally posted by NCommand:
NC I bow to your supreme fandom.

HO might be head hunting you any day now. Just a pity NOCAL is a NOGO for a while.

One question though did i miss the coaching position for the female coach?

The funny thing is had she waited a couple of weeks there is a vacuum here that needs to be filled. I would say she could've ended up on Saleh's staff at WR coach but the rumor is it's Miles Austin. If she isn't getting a position coach gig with any team, I'd look for her to do something like that at the college level.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
What the team needs is a strength and conditioning team. I trust Shanalynch cann fill up every hole with players no one knows now.

We had Wilson, Dwelley, Breida, Mosely and other UDFAs. The least thing I am worried is the salary cap or departures.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by thl408:
Good work, NC. Will re-visit repeatedly. Scanning the signed players list, it's clear we need answers at CB.

^

Shanalynch 1.0 is over (SB run with Saleh and the FA cap spending on qb, edge etc). 1 year of Garroppolo and a young defense then 2.0 will get rolling

Yeah I look forward to the (hopefully) correct way the adjust for injury evaluation for both FAs and Draftees.

Personally I think a year like we had this year actually makes this team cap healthier as well as a deeper team. Injuries and the season record adds depth and really reduces a lot of the free agent players market values making easier (hopefully,) for us to sign them up for next year. I wish we could have kept Saleh, but that extra 3rd round pick eases the pain of that loss.

I think everything has to be looked at regarding the injuries. From scheme to strength training, to the money ball analytics.

As for ShanaLynch 2.0 - I agree, I think they've learned a lot going through the super bowl season and its aftermath. I thin they will be much more prepared for the next year as they get ready for another super bowl run.

I'd be real disappointed if ShanaLynch doest addreas the OLine and QB issues in the offseason. We shall see.
Been thinking about this lately, I've changed my mind on keeping Jimmy on current contracts. If Jimmy won't take a pay cut trade him for anything he's worth, just get something. Sign Rivers or Fitzpatrick to a one year deal. Draft Trask or M Jones. These outrageous QB contracts have been hurting teams for years, taking their longevity away and allowing them a short window of success. I'm about to jump on the every 5 years we ought to draft a guy or every 4 years and collect on trade values if their good. Sign TW and Varette. Draft O line and CB. Might even be able to trade back for Trask or M Jones.
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Been thinking about this lately, I've changed my mind on keeping Jimmy on current contracts. If Jimmy won't take a pay cut trade him for anything he's worth, just get something. Sign Rivers or Fitzpatrick to a one year deal. Draft Trask or M Jones. These outrageous QB contracts have been hurting teams for years, taking their longevity away and allowing them a short window of success. I'm about to jump on the every 5 years we ought to draft a guy or every 4 years and collect on trade values if their good. Sign TW and Varette. Draft O line and CB. Might even be able to trade back for Trask or M Jones.

I'll be honest, I never understood why QBs sign those deals. Yes, I understand you want to make as much as you can, while you can. But if I'm a QB, I'd like to play out my contract and possibly earn a 3rd big contract. I'd also like an actual team around me. Brady has shown the way. Even if it's less money, but more guarantees (or even 100% guaranteed if a team will do that), would be better than what's happening now. Mahommes and prime Rodgers are the only guys that I think are worth taking up that much cap. And with Mahommes, it remains to be seen if he can win once he has a 30+ million dollar cap number.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:

I'll be honest, I never understood why QBs sign those deals. Yes, I understand you want to make as much as you can, while you can. But if I'm a QB, I'd like to play out my contract and possibly earn a 3rd big contract. I'd also like an actual team around me. Brady has shown the way. Even if it's less money, but more guarantees (or even 100% guaranteed if a team will do that), would be better than what's happening now. Mahommes and prime Rodgers are the only guys that I think are worth taking up that much cap. And with Mahommes, it remains to be seen if he can win once he has a 30+ million dollar cap number.

Does guaranteed money not affect cap? Why suggest that? Honest question.
Thank you for your hard work and effort!
^ Absolutely my pleasure. If there is anything else helpful you'd like me to add for all, let me know

Did she leave by the cheap seats or business class?

Did she leave by the cheap seats or business class?

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone