LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
The secondary played terribly last night.
But it's worth remembering how lost our DB's were in Saleh scheme year 1.

Year 1 was a rebuilding year this is year 5 and the scheme hasn't changed enough to place blame on it alone.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
The secondary played terribly last night.
But it's worth remembering how lost our DB's were in Saleh scheme year 1.

Year 1 was a rebuilding year this is year 5 and the scheme hasn't changed enough to place blame on it alone.

The scheme isn't the problem if they are in position to make a play on the ball that's 100% on the player at that point to make the play. If it was a scheme problem we would see busted coverages every game with easy pitch and catch long balls…. The guys we have just aren't starting caliber corners in this league.
[ Edited by 49ERnation on Oct 25, 2021 at 1:06 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I respect the hell outta Meco for sticking with what he knows, but we do not have the secondary to play the style of defense he wants to play.

And Dallas's defense is not good. They are getting turnovers which is always a flukey stat not likely to hold up in the long run. I will say though that Diggs and Parson are studs.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
[tweet
Originally posted by Hopper:
[tweet

Oh great. I'm assuming they'll do this with their backs to the QB/throw. LOL

The great news is Kyle's got multiple QB's who can throw high.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 27, 2021 at 1:21 PM ]
Why suddenly work on DB drills now, when we are doing so fine? It's a great idea, but just 4 games late. And the jump ball is not the issue…learning how to cover a WR is. Or, could playing a 1 deep, like AZ did against us , about 35-40 yds behind the LOS..be the answer? Our problem is our DBs cannot cover and last 4 games beginning with LeFleur and Aaron Rodgers, their game plan was at least 3 deep balls/ game , looking for DPI…and they got it ,too. We have almost 120 yds penalties/ game on 3-4 PIs, that have won the game for opponents. And that is a crock.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 27, 2021 at 2:56 PM ]
Demeco, my man, DBs are part of your bailiwick, and you have 4 DBs who can't cover. You can't bring in new blood at this stage so how about trying a different method of coverage? Or change the DBs technique?

Here's a thot…steal a page from AZ, and play cover 1 and have that sucker 35-40 yds behind the LOS. What can it hurt…we are averaging 3-4 DPIs/ game last 4 games and everyone of those became TDs in next few plays. Essentially, Demeco, we spotted all 4 teams we just played 120 yds/ game on DPIs, and 3 TDs / game . You cannot win that way in this league.

Worse, if the beat DBs had just let their WR go once beat, only half of those deep balls would have been caught…and in last 4 games , 6 TDs would not have been scored, because those 6 deep balls weren't catchable . With a PI, opponents don't have to catch it. Just an observation.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 27, 2021 at 4:22 PM ]
We are getting robbed in games for very questionable PI calls. The one vs SEA and then another call this past Sunday that was not a PI call.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are getting robbed in games for very questionable PI calls. The one vs SEA and then another call this past Sunday that was not a PI call.

It doesn't matter. The mass majority of them have been legit so anything close going forward, we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt. That's just how it works.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

otherwise known as denial and deflection

this ain't it coach
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

this ain't it coach

Wth lol
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

this ain't it coach

Wth lol

I really hope this isn't the extent of teaching players how to not get PIs. They know the route. They are in perfect position and the receivers not even trying to catch it. I've seen better drills in pop Warner
  • dj43

this ain't it coach

Wth lol

The drill should include more contact. DB should be trying to force the receiver to the line and the receiver should be pushing back. Let them learn how much is legal. Both players should be fighting for the ball, not just one making a simple catch. This drill looks like the frosh camp in high school. I hope there is more to it than just this clip.
Originally posted by dj43:

this ain't it coach

Wth lol

The drill should include more contact. DB should be trying to force the receiver to the line and the receiver should be pushing back. Let them learn how much is legal. Both players should be fighting for the ball, not just one making a simple catch. This drill looks like the frosh camp in high school. I hope there is more to it than just this clip.

Atleast start the defender 3 yards back and have them chasing since that's where 95% of our DPIs are coming from. But nah just have them be in phase the whole route like "sEe How eaSY iT iS!?!"
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 28, 2021 at 11:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone