LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
We should wait till it's official for the title thread lol...... Lets see what he can do though!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Saleh wanted to bring Demeco with him, but Shanny Mutombo'd that idea.

HA
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I am nervous about elite players becoming coaches. Let's hope he does a better job than Mike Singletary.
Hope he hires a good, veteran LB's coach
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Looking forward to seeing how he does.
Originally posted by fryet:
I am nervous about elite players becoming coaches. Let's hope he does a better job than Mike Singletary.

I'm thinking Singletary was too old style to be a coach. I wasn't in the locker room but if I had a guess, he really couldn't connect with the players on their level.

Demeco isn't too far removed from playing, so he can probably relate more to the game these guys are playing nowadays.

Just my hot take. No facts to back that up.

Don't let one bad experience sour you on the whole deal, plenty of great players have made good coaches. Even then he is getting a shot at DC a franchise with strong leadership, NOT a head coach gig which is where the wheel fell off on Sing.

Me too. Lucky for us Demeco was just good not elite
Happy for him. Happier it'll most likely be the same system and position coaches. Good luck to Saleh.

[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 15, 2021 at 7:20 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Hope he hires a good, veteran LB's coach

Yeah, it will be interesting who Demeco picks as his linebacker coach.

Ryans knows the system and is popular with the players. That's 2 big check marks in his favor. Let's see if he adds any wrinkles of his own.

Singletary was made coach over a decade after having been a player. Ryans is a few years removed from his playing days so his experience is far more likely to be relevant with the current NFL and the way offenses are playing. Mike Vrabel is a good recent example of a guy who went from a heady, high IQ player to a successful coach.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Happy for him. Happier it'll most likely be the same system and position coaches. Good luck to Saleh.

If we lose him anyone down to bring back Tomsula as dline coach lol
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Ryans knows the system and is popular with the players. That's 2 big check marks in his favor. Let's see if he adds any wrinkles of his own.

This is what I'm most curious about.
Share 49ersWebzone