There are 120 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Sorry I don't know how to insert a tweet into a post but here is what I found recently:
I think if we lose Demeco, Vic Fangio is our next DC.

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami
Just watched the part of 49ers practice that is open to the media... big nostalgia when I saw the return of a very popular figure... yep, Vic Fangio was on hand (just as a spectator). Oh, there was a familiar QB there, too.
11:44 AM · Sep 1, 2022·Twitter Web App
Originally posted by Giedi:
Sorry I don't know how to insert a tweet into a post but here is what I found recently:

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami
Just watched the part of 49ers practice that is open to the media... big nostalgia when I saw the return of a very popular figure... yep, Vic Fangio was on hand (just as a spectator). Oh, there was a familiar QB there, too.

Very cool.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami

Very cool.

Who's the QB?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Tim Kawakami
@timkawakami

Very cool.

Who's the QB?

Garoppolo?
Had a whopping two sacks today against chicago. Made a High School blown coverage play. Linebackers Gave up three 15 yard penalties that killed us disappeared when we needed a big play most. Same old same old if it wasn't for hufanga this would not have been a close game
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
If Ryans leaves next year, Fangio is going to replace him, right?

KS10 never gonna hire any coaches better than him.. NEVER..
here have some blame!
Not much was his fault scheme wise. s**t was on the players. Blown coverage on the play to Pettis and everybody fell for PA on 2nd td. Only thing I would say is they need to blitz the linebackers more. Too much talent to drop them into coverage every single play
I can't really shoulder a lot on the defense or ryans for that matter. Question I have though is why didn't we lock these guys up in man more today? Man up the receivers, spy fields and either send five on the rush or rush four and play a single high safety. I mean darnell mooney is there best receiver and he is by no means a star. Just feel we let em hang around and get some hope by playing zone. Felt like the game plan was conservative, we could've blitzed more, played man, and gave fields some more difficult looks and been fine.
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:
I can't really shoulder a lot on the defense or ryans for that matter. Question I have though is why didn't we lock these guys up in man more today? Man up the receivers, spy fields and either send five on the rush or rush four and play a single high safety. I mean darnell mooney is there best receiver and he is by no means a star. Just feel we let em hang around and get some hope by playing zone. Felt like the game plan was conservative, we could've blitzed more, played man, and gave fields some more difficult looks and been fine.
Yea think it was a little too conservative. At some point the only rushing 4 needs to be scraped for some additional pressure. But Fields is fast and elusive and just created plays. Ebukam had him lined up for an easy tackle the guy turned around and made a instant move and just shook him. Nothing a coach can do about that.

I dont know where to put this, so I guess it will go in this thread...

As good as Al-Shaair and Greenlaw (especially Greenlaw) are, they are both so wreckless and careless when they play. They need to chill out.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

As good as Al-Shaair and Greenlaw (especially Greenlaw) are, they are both so wreckless and careless when they play. They need to chill out.

Yeah they both need a good old fashion high school ass chewin about startling the line of control and chaos.

100%

I really started to notice this with Greenlaw last year, but chalked it up to him just being amped up after being out. But he can be borderline out of control. I don't blame the one BS penalty on him, but if I recall he got hit with another one for a forearm to the head
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I really started to notice this with Greenlaw last year, but chalked it up to him just being amped up after being out. But he can be borderline out of control. I don't blame the one BS penalty on him, but if I recall he got hit with another one for a forearm to the head

It was a very unnecessary facemask. The RB was wrapped up getting gang tackled, forward momentum stopped, then Greenlaw comes in and yanks the facemask.
Share 49ersWebzone