LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
More than once did he have our worst CB on an island against their best WR and it cost us today. Why or how does this happen repeatedly nearly every game?

You have to be realistic. There is no way you send help on Ambry Thomas on every single snap. You can do that on the majority of the snaps but you do have to leave your outside corner one on one at times.

You do when it's Chase, kid already has a 1,000 yards for the season and 10 TD's as a rookie and he clearly has special chemistry with his college QB.

No. This is the NFL. You don't double team any players on all snaps.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
More than once did he have our worst CB on an island against their best WR and it cost us today. Why or how does this happen repeatedly nearly every game?

You have to be realistic. There is no way you send help on Ambry Thomas on every single snap. You can do that on the majority of the snaps but you do have to leave your outside corner one on one at times.

You do when it's Chase, kid already has a 1,000 yards for the season and 10 TD's as a rookie and he clearly has special chemistry with his college QB.

Tell that to Belichick and his 8 SB's.

Strategy is taking away a teams best option and forcing them to beat you some other way.
I like Ryans... I think he's done a standout job with injuries all over the secondary.
Who is CIN best WR? That team is stacked at every skill position.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Get this guy another edge opposite of Bosa, Kinlaw back and corners worth a damn and he'll be talked about a potential HC candidate
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Get this guy another edge opposite of Bosa, Kinlaw back and corners worth a damn and he'll be talked about a potential HC candidate

I'm so proud of the game he called. To be honest that was rarely done with our prior coordinators especially the two deep safety shell preventing passes over the top. That happened to us a lot in quite a few games and it seems like we never really adjusted the whole game like we did this game. Good for him we need to do this against most of the teams we face
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who is CIN best WR? That team is stacked at every skill position.

seriously especially on offense

Theyre going to focus on getting some good OL this offseason and that offense will be scary
He's had some up and down moments but I think he's done a novel job overall, especially considering the CB situation. With more experience, better talent to work with, sky's the limit for Demeco.
The defense is ranked higher than the offense even though they are still missing most of their best DBs. Bosa and the rest of the line are covering a lot of holes.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Tell that to Belichick and his 8 SB's.

Strategy is taking away a teams best option and forcing them to beat you some other way.

that's exactly what DR did with very little talent in his secondary and you still are complaining. That's why we played 2 deep safeties the majority of the game to force them to run the ball. Which they are good at also.
I have to say that I was totally wrong about DeMeco Ryans. He's been extremely good, especially how the offense has put the defense in very bad situations. He's done a very good job in coaching around injuries in the secondary.

Without DeMeco Ryans playcalling this team will not be were it is. I was so wrong about him, and I'm glad I was.

He called a great game, which is really a tough slog when you are missing 2 corners and one safety. Also a LB when Azeez went out. It was smoke and mirrors, but Demeco has turned out to be way better than i thot initially, and has climbed that steep learning curve amazingly fast.

DCing is one thing. DCing minus your CBs, a S, and one LB …that is something else. Cannot give enough kudos to demeco. He has developed amazingly fast. When he got promoted, kyle and JL saw the talent. He just needed the snaps.

Doesn't mean he can't make a mistake, but overall the guy is money….winning wiht half a D. Wow!
I'm not sure about this guy's ability yet but why do some keep saying he doesn't have anything. There are some dope players on that side lol.
Share 49ersWebzone