LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would like to see more emotion out of this guy. Has good personnel all around. Time to give up on the Norman try- out.
the defense gave plenty of opportunities for the offense to blow this game out.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
the defense gave plenty of opportunities for the offense to blow this game out.

This. They were all over them. 49ers should've been scoring at will.
The d got a lot of turnovers cause al shair is playing out of his mind. But too many fails as well. Not reaching wilson on third and light year a few times.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Wow 30 burger against a low scoring team..

But..but. Special teams....

Well 7 of that WAS special teams.

Defense forced 5 fumbles and a pick and nearly had a 2nd.
And Seattle left 7 on the table when their RB fumbled without a contact. their 2nd fumble was a good one though everyone in here knows that usually on that kind of drive at least three point will be scored.
So, just based on what we have allowed, this was not a good game.

However, based on overall statistics, we have a good defense. yards allowed overall, and in passing in particular, we are top6 in the NFL. rushing is just mediocre and points allowed as well.
Give me a solid CB and some awareness in the rush defense and we are gold overall. But even now we are fine with Ryans.
Lets say that DR is not the problem right now !
he gives this defense continuity and they are efficient enough with a liable backfield that is giving too many points
sometimes his play calling a little soft like at the end of halves and 3rd and long
Is his scheme different after the 9ers go up two scores and right before half? Because I'm seeing a trend here. Not only does the opposition immediately score but they score very very quickly.
yup goes more prevent. needs to mix in more blitzing and stay aggressive.
Demeco deserves credit. He's got the most out of guys who are clearly not ready to be out there. I don't think anyone could have done any better given the tough circumstances.

I'm in favor of giving him final say on a few defensive picks or signings, if he doesn't already have it.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Is his scheme different after the 9ers go up two scores and right before half? Because I'm seeing a trend here. Not only does the opposition immediately score but they score very very quickly.

Clear trend. Agree. One play and they are at the 50.

We don't have 1 nfl caliber outside CB and we held a team with 3 good wrs and a good rb to 20 points. For a rookie DC he's doing well
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 12, 2021 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
We don't have 1 nfl caliber outside CB and we held a team with 3 good wrs and a good rb to 20 points. For a rookie DC he's doing well

100%. Meco has been doing a great job with a really unbalanced talent distribution at times. It's huge to have Bosa causing chaos from his spot every play tho.
I felt we would contain Mixon today but get cooked deep by their receivers. He did a good job using the safeties as just that, safety nets for the corners. Also gotta say I thought it was awful playcalling fir Cincy not to throw a few go routes every other drive or so.
Originally posted by NCommand:

No. That's the problem. They adjust to the scheme and we just keep doing the same thing.

The greats "adjust to the adjustment". All that said, he's doing very well overall, especially for a first year DC.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 12, 2021 at 7:09 PM ]
He did all he could when the offense gave us 0 in the 4th qtr
nah. he's lightweight popcorn. The only reason he looks good is because he has a kraken on the roster.

Share 49ersWebzone