There are 161 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
My biggest concern is linebacker play. As in, we don't' have any linebackers who can play. Well, we have one. But I wonder where the other two are going to come from?

I do not count Marcel Harris as a linebacker. He plays the position of Mister Invisible. Unfortunately, he plays it well.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
My biggest concern is linebacker play. As in, we don't' have any linebackers who can play. Well, we have one. But I wonder where the other two are going to come from?

I do not count Marcel Harris as a linebacker. He plays the position of Mister Invisible. Unfortunately, he plays it well.

It will be Al-Shaair, Hufanga, M Harris, and Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles.

Other than Al-Shaair, the rest are all "safeties".

I expect more of big nickel package with Ward, Tartt and Hufanga in the game.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Dec 2, 2021 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I expect more of big nickel package with Ward, Tartt and Hufanga in the game.

Which concerns me if the powers that be up north try out a strategy of "pounding the rock." Unfortunately for Seattle, they don't really have anyone who can do that with consistency.

Then again, when it comes to Seattle, the 49er defense makes them look like all-world show-stoppers. I'm not taking anything for granted in this game.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We make a lot mediocre run teams look like emmet smith cowboys.

it isnt horrible were right in the middle in terms of run D

and i think we got a lot better than the start of the year

It does look better now than it did in the first few games. I'm not sure why. The Niners have only had all three LBs healthy at the same time for a couple of games. That can't be good for the run defense.

The replaced a hobbling Kinlaw and moved Armstead inside. Jones and Givens have gotten healthy. If thye get all ther LBs back then the run D should be a lot better heading down the stretch.

I'll take a stab at it. During that unforgettable 4 game losing streak, ALL of which were caused by DPIs, and DBs were always "out of phase", by the 4th game Kyle had had enough and that 4th game, again lost by DPIs, he overnite went from KS OC to KS HC. The ship was going down and finally, kyle had to address the DPI issue, and after that 4th loss, he got together with his DC and ST coach, and told them what to do and how to do it. Then, just guessing here, he got together with the DBs and showed them how to play "in phase". I truly believe that was the day kyle went from OC to HC. He surely gave his DC And ST a coming to Jesus moment and i believe he made damn sure the DBs learned how to cover a receiver properly.

I also believe he gave his DC game plans for the next game and the next, etc. What we are seeing now has Kyle's fingerprints all over it on the D…Just an opinion.

[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 2, 2021 at 4:37 PM ]
Soo many excuses for this trash.

Seattle avg 19ppg.

23-21 at the half.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Seattle avg 19ppg.

23-21 at the half.

You can pin about 14 of that on ST
Originally posted by AkNiners:

Seattle avg 19ppg.

23-21 at the half.

You can pin about 14 of that on ST
Pretty much.
Wow 30 burger against a low scoring team..

But..but. Special teams....
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Playing without 5 starters, and lost another during the game.

4 sacks, 3 takeaways, held Seattle to under 5 yards/play (even less without fake punt), Lockett/Metcalf didn't kill us like they usually do. Offense/ST accounted for 16 of Seattle's 30 pts.

I keep trying to tell you all the personnel isn't good (even moreso with injuries), but Pretty Tony don't wanna listen.

Yeah, all 30 on the defense. No sacks, no takeways. They just let Seattle march up and down the field at will.

Well 7 of that WAS special teams.

Defense forced 5 fumbles and a pick and nearly had a 2nd.
Really hard to complain about DR given what he's working with. He didn't draft these wack ass CB's
Meanwhile Surtain with his 4th int. But we give DR 2 guys who can't play
nice to see 4 sacks for a change. still way too many mistakes on 3rd and a million.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
INTERNSHIP is over..
Share 49ersWebzone