There are 151 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
our rush can't finish, but it was in Cousins face on quite a few incompletions including at least 1 4th down play. So, there's that.

Still feel we totally messed up passing on azeez.

Azees is doing well. How did we pass on him, he's on the team?

Agree with you on the rush. But the rush did enough (I think) to bother Cousins to stop those 4th down plays.

I think our pass rush will get better as the season wears on, and as the DLinemen continue to practice more and with each other, and get a sense of their moves together in a more instinctual way. I'm still seeing (on occasion) the DLinemen - not quite running into each other, but rushing in a way that delays the others loop. Also haven't seen Armstead do the Cowboy hold and free Aldon Bosa to kill the QB move yet.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
You're only as good as your personnel.

These were the same complaints for Saleh during his 1st 2 years here.

Add another edge to replace Ford, hope Kinlaw doesn't suck, and get a blue chip prospect in the secondary, and that is a championship defense.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Add another edge to replace Ford, hope Kinlaw doesn't stay injured, and get a blue chip prospect in the secondary, and that is a championship defense.

Fixed the bolded for you, and I'll add that's the exact mentality that gets us in trouble…. "This injured player probably won't get injured again…let's rely heavily on him next year" 🤣🤣🤣

Kinlaw should be penciled in as a number 2 until he can prove to stay healthy… for the purposes of roster building that is.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 1, 2021 at 4:51 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by FL9er:

Add another edge to replace Ford, hope Kinlaw doesn't stay injured, and get a blue chip prospect in the secondary, and that is a championship defense.

Fixed the bolded for you, and I'll add that's the exact mentality that gets us in trouble…. "This injured player probably won't get injured again…let's rely heavily on him next year" 🤣🤣🤣

Kinlaw should be penciled in as a number 2 until he can prove to stay healthy… for the purposes of roster building that is.

Great point! I totally agree.
Originally posted by Giedi:
our rush can't finish, but it was in Cousins face on quite a few incompletions including at least 1 4th down play. So, there's that.

Agree with you on the rush. But the rush did enough (I think) to bother Cousins to stop those 4th down plays.

I think our pass rush will get better as the season wears on, and as the DLinemen continue to practice more and with each other, and get a sense of their moves together in a more instinctual way. I'm still seeing (on occasion) the DLinemen - not quite running into each other, but rushing in a way that delays the others loop. Also haven't seen Armstead do the Cowboy hold and free Aldon Bosa to kill the QB move yet.
Azeez Ojulari from UGA. The guy we should've picked instead of Banks
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Ya
Definitely some improvement from Ryans. I think we are in good hands, hell only continue to improve.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Ah, got it! I don't watch much of other teams, that's why I missed it.
With Fred Warner out and Greenlaw likely out as well (and Marcell Harris iffy) we might only have two healthy LB's for the Seahawks game (Al-Shaair & Flannigan-Fowles) I bet DeMeco Ryans will continue to use Hufanga as a S/LB rover. He was effective in that time vs Minnesota and I think it's a perfect spot for him... He always seems to be around the ball and makes an impact when he's on the field.

Al-Shaair will have even more responsibility now and I hope it doesn't slow him down as he at his best when he's just read & react. The Flannigan-Fowles kid I think will step up to. He's been developing nicely here for 2+ seasons now on the 49ers PS and now active roster as he has transitioned from a college strong safety. DeMeco Ryans and Johnny Holland do a great job of developing linebackers here boy.... Fred Warner (3rd rd pick); Greenlaw (5th rd pick); Al-Shaair (Undrafted) etc
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
With Fred Warner out and Greenlaw likely out as well (and Marcell Harris iffy) we might only have two healthy LB's for the Seahawks game (Al-Shaair & Flannigan-Fowles) I bet DeMeco Ryans will continue to use Hufanga as a S/LB rover. He was effective in that time vs Minnesota and I think it's a perfect spot for him... He always seems to be around the ball and makes an impact when he's on the field.

Al-Shaair will have even more responsibility now and I hope it doesn't slow him down as he at his best when he's just read & react. The Flannigan-Fowles kid I think will step up to. He's been developing nicely here for 2+ seasons now on the 49ers PS and now active roster as he has transitioned from a college strong safety. DeMeco Ryans and Johnny Holland do a great job of developing linebackers here boy.... Fred Warner (3rd rd pick); Greenlaw (5th rd pick); Al-Shaair (Undrafted) etc

Seahawks run game is pathetic this year so that "big nickel" look should be just fine

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Seahawks are a bad team right now - we should dominate this game.
Originally posted by Tman:
Seahawks run game is pathetic this year so that "big nickel" look should be just fine

We make a lot mediocre run teams look like emmet smith cowboys.

it isnt horrible were right in the middle in terms of run D

and i think we got a lot better than the start of the year
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:

it isnt horrible were right in the middle in terms of run D

and i think we got a lot better than the start of the year

It does look better now than it did in the first few games. I'm not sure why. The Niners have only had all three LBs healthy at the same time for a couple of games. That can't be good for the run defense.

The replaced a hobbling Kinlaw and moved Armstead inside. Jones and Givens have gotten healthy. If thye get all ther LBs back then the run D should be a lot better heading down the stretch.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Seahawks are a bad team right now - we should dominate this game.

How many times that was said for the last 10 years? They end up beating up on us.
Share 49ersWebzone