LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Too Many Injuries a 49ers Problem

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems each year the 49ers have so many injuries, like a long laundry list. I feel it's not so much conditioning program, as much as how they perceive the players they draft, or the free agents they sign, who are or had previously injured. Players like Sherman we signed coming off two ACL's, Ford was hurt when we traded for him. I think Jimmy G. had a previous injury, Bosa didn't play his senior year, except for a couple of games due to injury.
Remember last season? The first part of the season, again we had a lot of injuries, but the players recovered by mid-season. Also, the 49ers have a habit of drafting undersized players like Jimmy Ward, although he has been injured so far, he has had missed numerous games due to injuries over the years. Sometimes I wonder if some of the players are dogging it, overkill their injuries. Then you add the possibly of poor conditioning, and a media that boasts up the team, or tears them down, might contribute to a players readiness. It's definitely a problem that needs to be corrected.
This Steelers article brings up a difference with the 49ers practice routine, intimating that difference might play a role in players health during the season.

https://www.knbr.com/2020/11/04/steelers-receiver-chase-claypool-praises-team-for-not-running-practices-like-49ers
Originally posted by stimpy:
This Steelers article brings up a difference with the 49ers practice routine, intimating that difference might play a role in players health during the season.

https://www.knbr.com/2020/11/04/steelers-receiver-chase-claypool-praises-team-for-not-running-practices-like-49ers

I call BS. According to his logic every player that played before the players union agreement would have been injured all year round. They had a ton more practices and a ton more hitting with pads on then these guys do today. And what does Calypool know about the playoffs?

"I was talking to my friend on the Niners and they're still wearing full pads on Thursdays," Claypool said. "We haven't done that since camp, so having a coach that understands how long the season is, the wear and tear on your body, it's super helpful for getting you through the season and getting you to be able to play well in the playoffs."
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by stimpy:

I call BS. According to his logic every player that played before the players union agreement would have been injured all year round. They had a ton more practices and a ton more hitting with pads on then these guys do today. And what does Calypool know about the playoffs?

"I was talking to my friend on the Niners and they're still wearing full pads on Thursdays," Claypool said. "We haven't done that since camp, so having a coach that understands how long the season is, the wear and tear on your body, it's super helpful for getting you through the season and getting you to be able to play well in the playoffs."

Lol, yeah, rookies are to be seen, not heard. So go ahead and talk smack on another teams practices. Karma is waiting for that invitation.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Article is bs. It's just a way for other teams players and fans (Shehawk fans like stumpy)to kick a team while they are down. I didn't see Deebo wearing pads in the offseason when he was working out and got injured. Majority is just bad luck. A lot of other teams use pads once a weak, at least for walk through but none have experienced even close to the amount of injuries as this team.

Anyways this bish
Share 49ersWebzone