LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

What should the 49ers do with Jimmy G?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What should the 49ers do with Jimmy G?

Trade him to the Patriots and draft Trey Lance or Zach Wilson.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Trade him to the Patriots and draft Trey Lance or Zach Wilson.

EZ to say, how do you know Trey and Zach will be there.. and how do you know they will be as good?

Don't forget, Shanny's still running the show where he needs to be the MVP when the team wins.
Originally posted by 9moon:
EZ to say, how do you know Trey and Zach will be there.. and how do you know they will be as good?

Don't forget, Shanny's still running the show where he needs to be the MVP when the team wins.

We really want Lance or Wilson?......trade up to get one of them. The Chiefs traded up from 25 to 10 to get Mahomes.

How do I know they´re gonna be good?.....I don´t know but we missed on Mahomes because we didn´t now he was gonna be good.......

About Shanahan I agree. I´m affraid we´re gonna draft Mac Jones or Kyle Trask because they would be extensions of Kyle on the field.
  • Jiks
Ask him to restructure and if he doesn't I think we can release him with little impact. Draft a QB early regardless. If we end up releasing him sign a savvy vet like Flacco or Alex Smith (examples only) to hold the reigns for a season.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Trade him back to the pats since Bill loves him.

I think that probably will happen in the offseason.
Oh yeah, this is a good idea. Let's start another thread where people can argue endlessly back and forth to no apparent purpose. This is a genius idea, why didn't I think of it
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
Ask him to restructure and if he doesn't I think we can release him with little impact. Draft a QB early regardless. If we end up releasing him sign a savvy vet like Flacco or Alex Smith (examples only) to hold the reigns for a season.

If we got Alex Smith to come back there would be no controversy in the QB Thread anymore. He doesn't have an injury history at all. Peace at Last
Let him fully heal.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Keep him until a better option is available [it ain't Mullens or BEAThard]
You're missing the best option...trade him in the off season.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Oh yeah, this is a good idea. Let's start another thread where people can argue endlessly back and forth to no apparent purpose. This is a genius idea, why didn't I think of it

Because you're not a genius?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Restructure, get another qb from trade or draft, make him compete for his job job. If he loses try to trade him if necessary.

All that could change tho depending on how the season ends.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Jiks:

If we got Alex Smith to come back there would be no controversy in the QB Thread anymore. He doesn't have an injury history at all. Peace at Last
Lol i should've known better but as I said he's just an example. I'm not sure I'd consider a 12 year career(w/o injuries) injury prone but Im not going to try to argue as his leg is hamburger on a stick

I only said him because hes THE Captain Checkdown and Kyle could scheme like Reud did. Basically what Jimmy is doing without the terrible Romo-esque turnovers.

It's not going to happen though so I'll shut up. Jimmy is plenty capable of doing the same if he's not throwing it directly to a defender once game. A Ryan Tannehill type pickup or Ryan Fitzpatrick may have been better examples.
Shanahan won't get an extension if the team is losing for the next two years while looking for a FQB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Shanahan won't get an extension if the team is losing for the next two years while looking for a FQB.

Shanahan already received his extension.
Share 49ersWebzone