LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

You never get better by staying the same. Change is coming, baby, better get used to it.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Today, it was Kwon Alexander, tomorrow? It could be someone else, even someone once unthinkable..ahem, I'm looking at you Jimmy G (Happy Birthday, btw.). If I was a betting man, and I am not, so, I will leave that part to Sundevil ,but I would not be surprised if the following folks will end up catching the last train out of town and soon:

Ford
Ward
Richburg
Thomas (though, I could see him staying on a team friendly deal)
Sherman (unless he changes positions or is completely healthy)
Pettis (HAHAHAHAHA, I know, bold pick, but he gone.)
JET

And yeah, I'm going to put him on here:

Jimmy G

I know, I know everyone is down on him, but I can't quit shaking something, and frankly, neither can he. He lost a Super Bowl. Sure, he did not do it by himself, the defense also had something to do with it, as did the Chiefs. But Niner fans are unforgiving, unrelenting, undeniably spoiled, and will NEVER let him forget that he failed. They have not forgiven Kap for it and yeah, I understand there is more to it with him but the disdain for him began BEFORE he took a knee. It began for some with that loss to the Ravens and it has largely raged on since. Maybe, it was because after all those years, fans had hope again, and a young dynamic QB that inspired, and then they watched it all fall to pieces. And though they are different, I must say it feels the same way with Jimmy G, too. All that hope, all that promise, so f**king, beautifully and brutally close to winning it all, only to have to all taken away, again.

I turned 45 yesterday. And the part of me that was young and that fought for Kap, and recently Jimmy G, was out reasoned and out maneuvered by the older, wiser me, that simply stated: "You never get better by staying the same. Change is coming, baby, better get used to it."

I am Fropwns

P.S. Go vote you, dumb-asses. I don't care who. That is your choice, not mine. But, I would appreciate it if you would be part of the solution, not a part of the problem. We got a world to save and a Super Bowl to eventually win. Be safe.
[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 3, 2020 at 11:11 AM ]
Yeah the off-season next year could be pretty wild. Especially with all the free agents we have to resign. I'm all for trying to cut the big contracts (we dumped legendary today, so it seems the front office feels the same way).

As always what we decide to do with QB will be the biggest question. Do we move on from Jimmy? He's shown he can be a really good QB, when healthy. But he has been banged up, is he damaged goods? What if Mullens plays well down the stretch? Do we draft a QB high? Do we look to FA?

Gonna be interesting
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Yeah the off-season next year could be pretty wild. Especially with all the free agents we have to resign. I'm all for trying to cut the big contracts (we dumped legendary today, so it seems the front office feels the same way).

As always what we decide to do with QB will be the biggest question. Do we move on from Jimmy? He's shown he can be a really good QB, when healthy. But he has been banged up, is he damaged goods? What if Mullens plays well down the stretch? Do we draft a QB high? Do we look to FA?

Gonna be interesting

I think if Matt Ryan becomes available you get him and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd too. Otherwise I would address QB early in the draft.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Thanos89:

Gonna be interesting

I think if Matt Ryan becomes available you get him and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd too. Otherwise I would address QB early in the draft.

He won't
how about nick foles if we can get him cheap and get a qb behind to develop? foles can win it when it matters and isn't afraid to take hits.
Might as well get rid of Jet too. Dude is mad Kwon was traded lol.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Today, it was Kwon Alexander, tomorrow? It could be someone else, even someone once unthinkable..ahem, I'm looking at you Jimmy G (Happy Birthday, btw.). If I was a betting man, and I am not, so, I will leave that part to Sundevil ,but I would not be surprised if the following folks will end up catching the last train out of town and soon:

Ford
Ward
Richburg
Thomas (though, I could see him staying on a team friendly deal)
Sherman (unless he changes positions or is completely healthy)
Pettis (HAHAHAHAHA, I know, bold pick, but he gone.)
JET

And yeah, I'm going to put him on here:

Jimmy G

I know, I know everyone is down on him, but I can't quit shaking something, and frankly, neither can he. He lost a Super Bowl. Sure, he did not do it by himself, the defense also had something to do with it, as did the Chiefs. But Niner fans are unforgiving, unrelenting, undeniably spoiled, and will NEVER let him forget that he failed. They have not forgiven Kap for it and yeah, I understand there is more to it with him but the disdain for him began BEFORE he took a knee. It began for some with that loss to the Ravens and it is has largely raged on since. Maybe, it was because after all those years, fans had hope again, and a young dynamic QB that inspired, and then they watched it all fall to pieces. And though they are different, I must say it feels the same way with Jimmy G, too. All that hope, all that promise, so f**king, beautifully and brutally close to winning it all, only to have to all taken away, again.

I turned 45 yesterday. And the part of me that was young and that fought for Kap, and recently Jimmy G, was out reasoned and out maneuvered by the older, wiser me, that simply stated: "You never get better by staying the same. Change is coming, baby, better get used to it."

I am Fropwns

P.S. Go vote you, dumb-asses. I don't care who. That is your choice, not mine. But, I would appreciate it if you would be part of the solution, not a part of the problem. We got a world to save and a Super Bowl to eventually win. Be safe.
HB 🥳 47 in a couple weeks here.

Kap screwed up the perfect SB record. It was very hard to get over that. Never even cared about the kneeling. I educated myself on that situation instead of listening to social media's opinions.

Last year, everything fell into place. This year not so much. There is no way JL and KS give up or they will get fired. Always make changes that make the team better.

Not sure if Jimmy's time is up yet. They should draft a QB and get rid of Beathard. Maybe see how the team does again healthy while the rook QB develops for a year. Jimmy's on pace for an every other year is healthy and good. So one more SB run next year and then 2022 move on to his replacement.

Vote is in fro, vote is in!
[ Edited by 9ers4u on Nov 3, 2020 at 4:26 AM ]
Hopefully the following players will get released or traded in the following order

Sisley Richburg
Princess Dee
Jimmah ward
Arik armstead
Unfortunate truth that ford and Richburg aren't likely going anywhere.

It's a cheaper to keep her thing.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is a crossroads. I'd like to think that this team just needs to get healthy and they'll be back in the mix.

But if you need a QB, it's a rebuild, not a reload. I don't want a band aid (see Chicago).

John and Kyle need to be honest with where the 49ers are as a franchise this offseason, was 2019 a fluke, and they're back to the drawing board? Or is it just a matter of tweaking a few things here and there?

We are retooling as Trent Baalke would say.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Update: Pettis, he gone.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Update: Pettis, he gone.

Yippee!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Unfortunate truth that ford and Richburg aren't likely going anywhere.

It's a cheaper to keep her thing.

Nah. They can cut both with a post June 1st designation.

Cutting Richburg post June 1st would save 8.3 mil and create 3.5 mil dead money

Cutting Ford post June 1st saves 16 mil and creates 4.7 mil dead money

Thats from overthecap.com.
Share 49ersWebzone