LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Pats Preview: Coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just realized the gameday thread is probably a terrible place to post this since it tends to move quick and it will get buried, so, I'm creating a thread for it. Discuss the X's and O's ahead of this game here!

• Andra
  • Veteran
Thanks for the review. Great job as always, but it didn't make me feel very confident in the Niners chances Sunday.
Thanks JD For all of your expert analysis. I agree we do not match up very well against New England, however our back up defense will probably do a good job against their limited passing attack. I think we will win by 4. Hopefully AA breaks out this game and Kinlaw is a force vs the run.

On offense, Juice might be the difference in the passing game. He's been open all year and just keeps getting overthrown. What do you think?
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 24, 2020 at 5:22 AM ]
NE is 4th in the league in YAC yards given up to WRs, they're bad on off the edges in the run game.

I expect a similar game plan to what we did vs LA. Kittle will be their focal point in the passing game. Gotta have to make his presence felt as a run blocker this game.

Defense is gonna be about stopping the RPOs. Make Cam a pocket passer.

Just my two cents
Originally posted by NYniner85:
NE is 4th in the league in YAC yards given up to WRs, they're bad on off the edges in the run game.

I expect a similar game plan to what we did vs LA. Kittle will be their focal point in the passing game. Gotta have to make his presence felt as a run blocker this game.

Defense is gonna be about stopping the RPOs. Make Cam a pocket passer.

Just my two cents

I agree. Getting the running game going to force New England out of their man coverage as well as load their box is how you get your passing game going against them. Kittle will be a very important piece in both the passing and running game. I'd feel so much better about our chances in this game with a healthy Mostert. McKinnon, Hasty, and Wilson will have to simply execute well. If we run with success I think we win. The 49ers are 3-0 this season when running the ball 25 times or more.

New England is not a good passing team. The key is stopping their running game including Cam. Imo the secret to beating New England this year isn't rocket science but their such a well coached team that it makes saying it and doing it two separate entities.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 24, 2020 at 8:36 AM ]
  • thl408
jd, did you watch the LVR vs NE game? I thought LVR did a lot of good things on offense and could provide a blueprint on how to attack that NE defense. Carr had two lost fumbles but I thought they ran the ball well and got some WRs open. I also saw how well and how often NE plays man.

We are going to see Kyle's best man beaters this week. One concept I think the 49ers can use is where they clear one side of the field, after the snap, then run one route (a favorable matchup) to the cleared out side. Mostert will be missed.
Great review, thanks!

I would like to see some Deebo end arounds blocked by 3 WR bunch formations and maybe a pass by him
Originally posted by thl408:
jd, did you watch the LVR vs NE game? I thought LVR did a lot of good things on offense and could provide a blueprint on how to attack that NE defense. Carr had two lost fumbles but I thought they ran the ball well and got some WRs open. I also saw how well and how often NE plays man.

We are going to see Kyle's best man beaters this week. One concept I think the 49ers can use is where they clear one side of the field, after the snap, then run one route (a favorable matchup) to the cleared out side. Mostert will be missed.

moster would've made our odds a lot better in this matchup. f**k.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

jd, like this. LVR clears out one side then runs one of the WRs over to the cleared out side. This gives Jimmy a clear read and if the matchup is favorable, it can go for big yards. This is a formation Kyle loves to use so I think it's very feasible.
Share 49ersWebzone