LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Jordan Willis - EDGE signs with Raiders

Shop 49ers game tickets
Nice... now let's Go get kerrigan too.
Is this giving up more or less than just a 7th? I feel like a conditional 7th is probably the right value, but I'll take it.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Maybe Bosa can work with him and teach him some techniques. He's only 25 so it would be nice to have him to either sub in for Bosa or play opposite if Ford leaves. At least he's young and not some old washed up dude.

First step jab on the inside so the linemen has to respect your inside move.
Second step big wide step so the linemen thinks your going outside.
Check where the linemen's hands are.
Where's his weight at?
Proceed to use your awesomeness to whoop his ass with an assortment of moves your dads been teaching you since birth.
Get sack
  • thl408
None of this three sacks were very impressive. The best one is actually funny looking as he uses a technique I have never seen before.
He's playing RDE here (60). The super slow spin move while backing into the QB.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He checked in to the combine at 255 pounds, just FYI.

That's typical. These guys always like to drop some weight to run the forty. In either case he's fast off the edge. We'll see in a couple of weeks if he is any good.

If he can just burst up the field to widen tackles, that will be a plus. VS the Eagles we really struggled with this. We need to create more space for our interior guys to do their thing. You give Kinlaw and AA some more space inside with the emergence of Kerry Hyder and we have something. I'm totally fine with him just being the guy who's responsible for the speed rush 6 yards deep. Hyder can take 5 yards and the interior guys will push the pocket/rip through. Dion Jordan has been a liability and doesn't have the burst to get upfield to widen those tackles.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Our 2022 6th for Willis and the Jets 2021 7th.

We got burned

Actually the article on the homepage was updated to us giving a 7th (2021) and 6th(2022). So looks like both picks from us
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
As much as we criticize our coaching front office for this year they are trying and have had very unfortunate injuries(most in league)
Originally posted by thl408:
None of this three sacks were very impressive. The best one is actually funny looking as he uses a technique I have never seen before.
He's playing RDE here (60). The super slow spin move while backing into the QB.

Mix a Dwight Freeney and a mix of my drunk uncle
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm confuse... I thought one of the reason why we don't want to sign Clay is because he's a pass rushing OLB on the 3 - 4 scheme...then we trade for this guy who also plays the OLB position as a stand up rusher?

well, at least it's a very late late pick and MORE TO GAIN!!

Welcome to the NINER FAMILY!!

Give him #52 already !!!
Originally posted by dhp318:
Is this giving up more or less than just a 7th? I feel like a conditional 7th is probably the right value, but I'll take it.

2022 6th for Willis and a 2021 7th. If he just contributes at all helps the team it's a steal.

Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm confuse... I thought one of the reason why we don't want to sign Clay is because he's a pass rushing OLB on the 3 - 4 scheme...then we trade for this guy who also plays the OLB position as a stand up rusher?

Give him #52 already !!!

Poor 9moon. He's stuck in 1985.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Give him #52 already !!!

Matthews is a FA and maybe is agent wants more than he's with. We overpaid for Ansah. Willis was a WW pick up by the Jets.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
2022 6th for Willis and a 2021 7th. If he just contributes at all helps the team it's a steal.

But if he doesn't contribute at all then it's a total waste
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

His movements look rather slow (doesn't match combine testing) and predetermined. On the plus side, he does appear to have a knack for the football.

Huh. He did a few of those slow-spin moves on this video. Seems a bit strange to me - I don't know how much I see of this in the pros.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
If he can just burst up the field to widen tackles, that will be a plus. VS the Eagles we really struggled with this. We need to create more space for our interior guys to do their thing. You give Kinlaw and AA some more space inside with the emergence of Kerry Hyder and we have something. I'm totally fine with him just being the guy who's responsible for the speed rush 6 yards deep. Hyder can take 5 yards and the interior guys will push the pocket/rip through. Dion Jordan has been a liability and doesn't have the burst to get upfield to widen those tackles.
It's crazy to think that Jordan and Bosa were picked around the same spot and Jordan is bigger and tested faster. Then look at the results on and off the field. No wonder GMs probably can't sleep at night. I know Jordan was more of a project but he never came close to realizing the potential that his physical skills would indicate.
Share 49ersWebzone