There are 138 users in the forums

49ers trade for EDGE Jordan Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bye bye Pettis ?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Interesting. He was a prospect we talked about a lot in the pre-draft process, but some of his negatives were things I wasn't sure would make him a target for us. Was not high on him. Really has struggled to make an impact since being a 3rd round pick. Only 3 career sacks.

Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Willis, either. I thought he didn't play close to as athletic as he tested.

But the dude did test insanely well at the combine. Kocurek's scheme always seems to improve or even prop up pass rushers, so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a lot better here than he did in CIN/NY.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Can't imagine giving a pick this year, I'm expecting a 5th in the 2022 draft.

Willis has been inactive the past(not injury related) two weeks for the Jets. I can't imagine we gave up more than a 7th round pick.

I meant a 6th but I hope you're right !
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 49,713
Originally posted by susweel:
Bye bye Pettis ?

If they traded Pettis to the Jets for Jordan Willis....John Lynch will be executive of the year again!!!
Was just telling my friend we should pluck jets players because I was hearing of all these players that flourish after Adam Gase isn't involved lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Interesting. He was a prospect we talked about a lot in the pre-draft process, but some of his negatives were things I wasn't sure would make him a target for us. Was not high on him. Really has struggled to make an impact since being a 3rd round pick. Only 3 career sacks.

I liked him coming out. In fact liked both Carl Lawson and him and they both went to the bengals.

Hasn't done much in the nfl though
Likely a swap in late round picks, I'm guessing if we get a comp pick for Sanders ( a late 6th ) we swap that with their 7th ?
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 21,759
If he's explosive off the snap it will help the DE group. Even if he has no pass rush moves. The DE group seems slow and this affects the stunts that Saleh wants to call.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Willis, either. I thought he didn't play close to as athletic as he tested.

But the dude did test insanely well at the combine. Kocurek's scheme always seems to improve or even prop up pass rushers, so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a lot better here than he did in CIN/NY.

He ran a 4.53 forty at 270 lbs. Kocurek's got to be able to get something out of that. Look how Hyder has done since he's been in there. Let's hope his leg isn't about to fall off.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 21, 2020 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Bye bye Pettis ?

That's what I was wondering. The Jets WRs are banged up, they need for targets for Darnold before they give up on him.

So he only been active for 2 games and the Jets fan base went all Aaron Donald on this.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Likely a swap in late round picks, I'm guessing if we get a comp pick for Sanders ( a late 6th ) we swap that with their 7th ?

That's what I'm thinking.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Is this good???

Not sure, through 43 career games he has 3 sacks and 5 QB hits. Backup throughout all of his career so far. Looks like they're just trying to find any sort of depth.

Hopefully Kocurek can work his magic on him. If not, as you mentioned, depth can't hurt.
Our 2022 6th for Willis and the Jets 2021 7th.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1319018611323916290?s=19
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 21, 2020 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
If he's explosive off the snap it will help the DE group. Even if he has no pass rush moves. The DE group seems slow and this affects the stunts that Saleh wants to call.

Dude is definitely explosive and playing from a wide alignment should definitely help him.
Share 49erswebzone