There are 189 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at NE PATRIOTS Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
I expect a battle at the trenches, old school both teams trying to run and control the clock... we need to control Kam power runs and scrambles...
Can't let Cam run loose like they do with every mobile QB.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Can't let Cam run loose like they do with every mobile QB.

This. Cam will have a field day if they don't contain him, he's bigger than any of the mobile QBs we've seen so far.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Cam Newton is bigger than any of the 49ers LBs and DBs, good luck against him in the open field.
I expect this to be an ugly run the game control the clock 80's type of football. Team who limits mistakes and coaching wins the game even tho I think on PAPER we're the better team but you can never count out Belichick and you never know with our offense. Yesterday game kinda pissed me off with only scoring 3 pts in the 2nd half
  • Rydes
  • Veteran
49ers win 31-17. Kittle trucks Gilmore on the way to icing the game with 3 minutes and 13 seconds left. Verret picks cam 2 times those
I watch a lot of Pats games. Here are a few things to note from their season thus far:

1. Gilmore started off the season a little slow, but he's rounding out into form again.

2. The OL is a mess right now because of injuries. They needed Wynn to start at LG yesterday, and another one of their OL hurt his ankle during the game.

3. Despite having drafted Asiasi and Dalton Keene (my personal draft crush), those guys haven't really seen the field, which is strange because of their lack of receiving talent.

4. Cam Newton is still prone to the same passing-related mistakes as he was in Carolina. The offense is built around his ability to run the ball.
[ Edited by BYisGod on Oct 19, 2020 at 6:12 AM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:
Cam Newton is bigger than any of the 49ers LBs and DBs, good luck against him in the open field.

Warner gonna hunt
Before we get to cocky about the game I got 2 words mobile quarterback

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Before we get to cocky about the game I got 2 words mobile quarterback

One more word. Belichick. After losing at home yesterday he'll be working their butts off this week. If anyone can find a way to stop the Niners running game and neutralize the YAC, it's Belichick. The D will need to play like they did yesterday but now they need to be concerned with Newton's running.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Gonna be a good game. Our DL definitely needs to get better at pressuring the QB or stopping the run.
Another East Coast game--At least its not the 10am slot

This is not your TB Patriots--We are the better team

Gilmore>Ramsey--We handled Ramsey, let's keep Gilmore from making a play too

Warner is Superman's kryptonite

Jamal Taylor on Edelman is a key to this one

Out coach BB
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
One game at a time is my motto this year. I think the team and us fans looked over the first quarter of the season as easy street, but damn s**t hasn't gone as planned. But we are still in it. The team bought too much into their own hype and now are back to that grind of one game at a time. Don't look ahead because each game must be won before moving forward.

While I agree with your first sentence...HONESTLY I disagree with the next.

No one overlooked the first part of the season. Not the fans or the players. Had we not been decimated with injuries to key players we would have most likely steamrolled most if not all of those teams. The team didn't buy into the hype they were confident as they should be but when you lose severl key pass rushers all at once for the season potentially that's a hard outcome that NO ONE SAW COMING.
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
Can someone give me an actual idea of how Cam is doing this year. I have not honestly seen anything since week one. I know that we struggle with running QBs but is he really that much of threat running? He is big but if we can keep him in the pocket is that our best option. He seemed like he has been having happy feet since his Superbowl flop.
Share 49ersWebzone